main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV And now the rest of the story.... or Talon's Table Update

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Axia, Bann, and Foshe made it back to Axia's ship carrying the lifeless Petra. Axia laid her down in the crew quarters and knelt by the body, one hand on Petra and one hand clenching her amulet and the crystal. Bann and Foshe stood watching unsure what to do and unable to break Axia from her reverie.

"Help me, place your hands on mine and concentrate on helping, Petra," Axia pleaded.

Bann and Foshe exchanged looks behind Axia's back but neither one made a move. Realizing that neither of them had yet to comply to her request Axia said, "Just trust me." And closed her eyes.

Bann then shifted slightly setting one hand on the hand with which the Twi'lek clasped her necklace and placed his other hand on the still form of Petra. Seeing this Foshe was startled, and asked, "What's going on?"

Bann just turned and said, "Just trust Axia."

Haltingly Foshe did as Bann did, placing a hand each on Axia's and Petra.

They all closed their eyes, and started to concentrate. Suddenly Foshe heard a noise, like footsteps, on the ship. She stood and walked towards the door to investigate.

Sensing that Foshe broke contact Axia asked, "Where are you going? Get back here and make contact."

"There's someone on the ship," the Kel Dor explained.

Axia replied, "I don't care get back here and resume your position."

Foshe looked once more to the door, but resigned herself to go back to where the three forms sat interconnected and resuming contact.

Now, with the other's added concentration, Axia began to seek the Force in earnest, willing it to let her only friend live.

All three of the living beings in the room began to feel very heavy, and Axia could feel the swirls and eddys of the Force writhing around her. She felt as if she was thrown about in a tumultuous sea of Force energy and she saw nothing behind her eyelids but darkness and power. Momentarily, she sensed a presence, one that she new well, it shouted at her, "Axia NO!" and she knew it was her master. Not caring what he had to say and only worrying about her objective she pressed on. The power was almost overwhelming. It was nothing she had felt before and she teetered precariously on the edge of control. She was frightened but hung doggedly on to her quest. She must bring Petra back, at no matter what cost. As she pushed on she sensed another presence, just a glimmering in the Force, but it was a presence she knew and with all the might she had left she charged for it. At that moment she saw something, she saw the figures of Bann, Foshe, and herself, as if she looked on them from behing. They were sitting on the floor around their fallen comrade. Axia saw this, and then suddenly there was something else, a wailing like a rushing wind, filled the room and rose in pitch. There was no wind there was only the sound of it, and it grew louder. Axia looked at herself in the room and saw the sound of the wind gather and start to take form, it created a dark ball of energy. Dark bolts of electricity radiated out from the center of the noise and filled the little chamber. The atmosphere crackled with the power and the pressure was almost unbearable on the young Jedi. With one last push she used every power at her disposal for one last attempt to bring Petra back. The dark energy above them roared and seemed to explode. Suddenly, all three of them were thrown back from the body with an incredible force. They were not hurt but when they opened their eyes and looked around they were incredibly tired and worn. Petra lay in the same place they had last saw her, looking just as dead as before. Cautiously, Axia approached the body and felt for a pulse. And there it was!!!! Ever so faint, barely perceptible. But she knew she had succeeded! She had brought back her only friend!! Now all she had to do was keep her here.

To Be Continued......

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Correction and Additions:

"She must bring Petra back, at no matter what cost. As she pushed on she sensed another presence, just a glimmering in the Force, but it was a presence she knew and with all the might she had left she charged for it."

should actually read:

"She must bring Petra back, at no matter what cost. As she pushed on she sensed another presence, just a glimmering in the Force for a moment, and with all the might she had left she charged for it."

In addition, there was a part about shrieking and wailing that Axia heard that came from everywhere, and rushed towards them getting deafeningly louder, and then suddenly stopped in utter silence, resulting in the heartbeat like pulse that pushed them all to the floor.

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, next time Talon i'll bring a tape recorder... :)

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
  5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    The other, less epic, and more friendly group's story:

After rounding up MR-V1N and Sykler, Kleff and company hightailed it to Rralcree's Tasker II. When they arrived, the doors were locked and a security system was engaged. Rralcree always was a stickler for security. It wasn't a problem though, because Skyler was a great Tech, and quickly disabled the security and they gained access to the Tasker II.

Kleff requested clearance to take off, and piloted the ship to the outskirts of Theed in an attempt to elude any aggressors who might still be chasing him. Once he thought he was safe, he commed his old buddy Kurtran.

"Yes, hello?" , answered Kurtran.

"Uh, hi, this is Kleff Rixxard. I'm in need of some assistance."

"What do you need?"

"I've got Rralcree's ship, and I need some place to hide and modify it."

"And where is Rralcree?"

"Uh, he is dead. He was killed trying to save a friend of ours. Redd was also killed."

"Did you see who killed Rralcree?"

"No, things were happening pretty fast. It seems as if the entire thing was a set up to kill us. I barely escaped with my life."

"So I take it you are claiming Rralcree's ship as your own."

"Uh, yeah, I was going to use it to get away from the people trying to kill me."

"Does this mean that you will not be working for me anymore?"

"No, not at all. As long as you can help us stay away from those people who are after us, we'll still be your faithful agents."

"Okay... what did you mean "modify" the ship."

"You know, give it a new paintjob, change the transponder, make a few cosmetic changes."

"As I remember, Rralcree's ship is called the Tasker II. I helped him change the name myself. Do you have a new name in mind."

A smile came to Kleff's face. When he was running for his life from the battle that killed Rralcree and Redd, he was thinking of his next move. Get to Skyler's apartment, get them and go to the Tasker II, comm Kutran and get him to help us disguise the ship. It was after he had picked up MR-V1N and Skyler that a name for the ship came to him mind. "Yes, I do. I'd like to call it The Redd Snapper."

Silence on the other end of the comm. "... Isn't that a fish?"

"Yeah, but it is also a commemoration of my friend Redd."

"Who else is with you?"

"MR-V1N, the droid, and a Tech named Skyler who fixed MR-V1N."

"Can you trust this... Skyler?"

"I'm not sure. He did a great job at repairing the droid, and he was able to get us past Rralcree's ship's defenses. He seems trustworthy."

"Let me talk to him."

Kleff hands the comm to Skyler.

"Skyler, do you know who I am."

"No."

"Are you in any way affiliated with the Empire?"

"No way! My parents are dead and I lost everything because of the Empire. These two beings are the only friends I have."

"My name is Kutran and your friends work for me. I am with a group called the Crimson Dawn. Are you opposed to doing things that are illegal?"

"Um... if by illegal you mean against the Empire, than no, I'm not opposed."

"What if you don't know who it's against, but it doesn't hurt anyone?"

"If it didn't hurt anyone, I would do it."

"And what if it did hurt someone?"

"... as long as it wasn't hurting someone I cared about, like Kleff or MR-V1N, I'm in."

"Okay, you are now employed by Kleff. He is now your boss. Let me talk to Kleff."

Skyler hands the comm to Kleff.

"Kleff, you can use him as long as you remember: He is your responsibility. I consider him your way of getting what I ask of you done. That means that he is on a 'need to know' basis. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Kurtran."

"Okay, fine. You can dock your ship at a fortified bay I have right outside Theed. There you will meet a Tech who will be able to do anything you need. Just tell him you were sent by Kurtran and he'll help you out."

"Thank you very much, Kutran."

Kleff deactivates the comm and follows Kutran's instructions to the docking bay.

[I'll continue this part of the story later.]

6. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Shea, were you going to post the rest of "our" Less-firendly, hostile side of the table story?

7. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Yes, the story must be told...

8. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    y'all are going to kick me...but.... i forgot what happened after that.... i remember the gist but i don't think it's sufficient for posting....Axia.....in real life as always in the game...could you bail me out and finish it? :)

9. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Yes I will post much later today

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    THe previous post is actually mine.

I will post much later today.

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    She lives! Axia thought as she grabbed her comlink and called her contact. As always he answered quickly.

"yes?" Came the voice, usually strong and confident now it contained an element of what? Fear? No, confusiion.

"I need a med team on my ship right now!" Axia nearly screamed intot he comlink.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, distraction heavy in his voice.

"No! my," A slight pause. "One of my party. I need that medical team NOW!" Axia had no time for his questions. She was in debt to this man agian already for the help he provided in allowing Axia to take her evenge and recover Petra's body. Now she needed his help again. No, she demanded his help. Axia had resurrected Petra and NOTHING was going to stand in her way.

"Right. they are on their way. Listen, is there something odd going on out there?"

"What? Fosche heard some noise earlier and she went to investigate. but...hang on."

Axias comm went off again and she switched to another channel. "This is Axia."

"Axia, it's Fosche. I found some guy on the ship. He looks like a tech, he's, he's dead and there isn't a mark on him."

Axia switched over to the ither channel. "Yeha that noise we heard was apparently the tech. He's dead. No outward sign of what killed him." Axia reported impassively. She didnt care about some tech, only Petra mattered. Even now her body was between Petra's and the front door with her blaster drawn. Bann was in front of the door.

Later Axia would reflect on Bann's help in these moments and wonder if Petra had corrupted him or he was simply as dedicated to Petra as she had been without the influence of some hologram of a long-dead jedi filling his head with nonsense about the "dark" side.

The medical team arrived and Axia stepped out of the way to allow them to work. Her blaster was hanging loosely in her hand wih her thumb twiching over the pommel of the weapon. It was set to kill and the first man who said Petra was dead would beat her to the afterlife.

Axia turned her head towards the security personnel that had accompanied the medical team. "What are your orders?"

"Guard your party and the medical team and get you extracted."

Axia was satisfied with that answer and returned her attention to the med team. Her thumb continued to Twitch. I swear I'll kill them all if anything goes wrong. Each and everyone of them...

To be continued

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Suddenly one of the doctors yelled out. "I'm losing her!"

Axia had to fight the impulse to kill him right there. She was surpised at how powerful an impulse it was. It was almost a physical thing.

Axia knew her transition into the dark side had been different this time. There would be no easy redemption for her.

Redemption from what? and to what? Dark side. What a fallacy. There was no true path, only what you used the power for. Even if there was a true, stronger path didn't this supposed dark side just raise my friend from the dead? My so called "master" couldnt answer the simplest of questions without evasion. No wonder they were wiped out.

"No wait, there she goes!" One of the doctors said standing and turned to face Axia. We have her stabilized her but we need to get her to our medical facility."

Axia stepped aside and held out her arm. "Then let's move!"

The medical team with Petra on a hover gurney rushed out of the old Nabooian craft heading to thier awaiting med transport. Even as they loaded on board with Bann and Fosche they could see a myriad array of emergency vehicles pulling up and small fires dotting the entire landscape.

At first Axia thought they might be law enforcement having tracked her ride from the alleys of Theed to arrest her. However they appeared to be more emergency vehicles than law enforcement. The it became clear as the med transport pulled into the air and Axia saw the nearly circular path of devastation arching outward from the hanger.

Everything in that circle was either destroyed or on fire.

"What happened?" one of the med techs asked.

Axia turned from the window and regarded the man. Her demeanor was cool and impassive, cold and calculating. She had not been changed by what had happened she simply allowed the darkness to consume her. It was her ally, it had brought her friend back.

"What do you mean?" Axia asked. Her voice a different timber than it had been. It was clear yet undefined in it's tone. It was dangerous.

"Someting happened down there. Some kind of disturbance and everything within 500 kilometers is dead. 400, 500 people just died and you people are the only survivors.
    Do you know what happened?"

A very small almost impercibtible smile tugged at the corner of Axia's mouth. "No, I was in my ship with my acquaintances." She paused nodding at Petra. "and my friend."

A short time later the group lands at not a regular med facility but a privately owned one. Axia follows where the lead Petra as does Bann and Fosche. At one point a doctor tried to inform Axia that she and her friends will have to wait in the waiting room.

"I dont care where we need to stand or what I need to wear but that woman does not leave my sight." Axia stas firmly with no room for interpretation.

The doctor pauses for a moment and undoubtably take a good look at Axia. Her arms from fingertip to elbow and most of her chest are covered in drying blood. The rest of her is also splatered with blood. In her eyes are cool calculating seriousness and behind that is a chasm that speaks of a lack of soul. And hanging loosely but not unmenacing in her grip is a Naboo heavy blaster.

The doctor probably saw this, not to mention her two partners and pointed. "You'll have to get into those and stand in the corner."

"Fine." Axia agreed. It was important to be reasonable...at times.

Some time later Petra had pulled through and was floating in a tank of Bacta. The doctor was now speaking to Axia.

"Take a seat please."

Axia, her weapon finally holstered and herself somewhat cleaned up simply stood. She crossed her arms under her breasts and waitied.

"We have done everything we can...IS this woman your friend?"

"Yes." Axia added simply.

"What's her name?"

Axia didnt see where that information would be harmful. "Petra."

"And yours?"

"Axia." She answered simply. There would be no more of hiding behind this Voria persona. I've no need to fear people now. That much has been made clear to me.

"Well Axia, we have done all we can for your friend P

13. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    The Tasker II carrying Kleff, MR-V1N, and Skyler docks at the secluded docking bay. The three emerge from the ship into the vacant bay and look for someone to help them. They look around and see a main office area.

Inside the office is a man who looks very busy. He carries files and datapads under one arm while talking to someone over a comlink. He looks flustered, so Kleff decides not to bother him. After a few minutes, he notices the three in his doorway, excuses himself from his comm conversation, and shows Kleff, MR-V1N, and Skyler to a waiting room.

After about a half hour, Kleff gets up to look for the guy. He looks in his office, but it is vacant. He checks every room, but the ones that aren't locked are also empty. Kleff sighs and returns to the waiting area. He contemplates comming Kurtran, but doesn't want to be a nuisance.

Another forty minutes go by, and Skyler is napping, MR-V1N shut himself down, and Kleff is designing dream-starships in his head. Suddenly, the sound of a speeder draws near. The guy has returned with some supplies and pulls up to one of the empty storage rooms. Kleff has had enough of waiting and walks toward the man. He reaches the speeder just as the guy finishes unloading the cargo. He turns to see Kleff and greets him warmly.

"Hello."

Kleff, bewildered by the cool attitude of the man who made them wait over an hour, responds, "Oh... uh, Hi. Um... Kurtran sent us."

"Oh yes!", the man says as they start walking back to the waiting area. "Kurtran informed me of your arrival. He said that you needed to modify your starship."

"Yes, that's right."

"Okay, so what exactly do you want to modify?"

"Well, for starters, I need to have the transponder changed. I'm going to be changing the name and everything. Then a new paintjob would change the look a bit, but also maybe some other cosmetic changes to make this ship totally unrecognizable from what it looks like now."

"Sure, sure, I know. Kurtran also said something about new identities."

"Oh, yeah. I haven't really thought about that yet, but gimmie a bit, I'll come up with something."

MR-V1N, listening to most of the conversation, chimes in, "Can you also do some modifications to me?"

The man twirls around, startled by MR-V1N. "Uh, Kurtran didn't say anything about that."

Kleff interjects, "I bet Skyler there could do it for you. All he'd need are some materials. We could probably get that from you, right?"

The man, again rattled, answers, "Uh... I don't know... we'll see. Which brings us to the most important part. I assume everything we do will be taken care of, yes?"

Kleff asks, "Um, what do you mean?"

"Kurtran is going to handle this, right, and you are going to pay him."

"Well... um, how much do you think this is going to cost?"

"Oh, off the top of my head, somewhere around 12 to 15 thousand creds, but I know Kurtran is good for it."

"Okay, well then, please tell me how much it is going to cost before you go and tell Kurtran, okay?"

"No problem. Besides, this work might take up to a week."

"A WEEK?!"

"Yes, but don't worry, there are rooms here where you can stay. Anyways, for some weird reason, all space travel in and out of Naboo, plus most air traffic in Theed, has been restricted."

"Wait, restricted? What would cause Naboo to halt space travel?"

"To my knowledge, this has never been done before. Naboo wouldn't ever do such a thing, since a huge part of their economy is based on trade and tourism. This whole thing smells of the Empire."

"Hmm... well if you get any more information, let me know."

"Sure, I'll go get the preparations ready." The man turns and leaves.

Kleff turns, pulls out his credchip to check his balance, and sits down with a sigh. He wipes his forehead and replaces his credchip. "This is going to change my plans a bit.", Kleff remarks under his breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.