main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN And Number Three Makes Us Official: RSVP here for the Halloween Costume Party- October 27th, 3:00pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I think my thread title says it all (but you all know how wordy I can be!!!)

Please RSVP here for the costume party. Also list what food or drink you wish to bring.

We have a few games, such as SW Trivial Pursuit and SW Monopoly, plus whatever else I can think up, but I'm always open to suggestions.

So, don your Princess Leia hair buns and prepare for the fun!!!!!

2. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Tim, count us in. We'll be there. Sherri is borrowing a her friend's sewing machine so she can be working on our costumes.
    As far as food goes...well, pasta salad is probably out...lol We don't know what we're gonna bring yet, but will post it very soon.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Obi-Reb and I will be there. What can we bring?

4. Obi-Reb

Obi-Reb Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Yep, Lonewolf and I will be there.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I dunno, pretty much everything is up for grabs right now. You have carte blanche right now.

BTW- anybody know just WTF a Gundark looks like?

6. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm there, I'll bring cookies and the root beer :D

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It sounds like y'all are going to have a great time. :)

If it has not been done already, do not forget to send me the official details of the meeting so that I can post them on the FF website.

8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Obi-Reb and I will bring the chips and coke.

9. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Count me in!! My wife might come, but she dosen't want to dress up a SW character. Poor girl.

Hey Steve & Sherri, you probably still have some pasta salad!!!! :)

10. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Actually, Chris, I chunked that stuff a couple of days after our first meeting. The bowl was so big, we couldn't put anything else in the fridge!!!

Minacia: Thanks for stopping by and checking on us. We're having a great time here, so drop in anytime.

And to update you guys on our costumes...Sherri is almost done with my Jedi costume. I need to find some Jedi boots and a belt that I can customize, and we're pretty much through with my stuff. Then Sherri is going to make a Barriss Offee costume for herself.

11. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Count my wife out all togther, she is having knee surgery next week and will be laid up. Man, I have to get started on my costume and quick!!!

12. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your wife needing surgery. I'll keep her in my prayers Chris

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey, Chewbracca, tell her hi from all of us at the JC! I hope she recovers quickly.

14. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I will Lonewolf and Tim. She says thanks guys!!! :)

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Looks like I'm gonna be Darth Maul after all. I've completely lacked the time and the energy to work on the Vader thing. Oh, well. Maybe I can add that to the sixty million other "hobbies" I've been meaning to complete and/or work on.

BTW- has anyone informed Minacia about the party so she can report it?

16. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I haven't...but it definitely needs to be done. Qui-Gon Tim, since the event is going to be at your house, why don't you send her an PM giving her the details, and if someone needs directions to your place or whatnot...you can leave her your email address.
    Speaking of directions...could you email me those sometime this week? Thanks :D

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No....It's a Holy Grail Halloween Party and you all must search for the location. You will all face a ferrocious bunny, a black knight, the Knights who say "Nee", and a certain bridgekeeper. Oh, and then there's always Tim the Enchanter.

But seriously...

I'll notify Minacia tonight.

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I am an enchanter... There are some who call me... Tim.

I love Tim the enchanter, he's da man.

19. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! My costume will not come togther!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I cannot find the Tusken Raider mask ANYWHERE!!!! It was on E-Bay and a half a billion costume websites 2 months ago, now it's either nowhere or $60. DANGIT!!!!!
    WHY AM I SUCH A PROCRASTINATOR (sp?)!!!!! (See I won't look up the word to see if it's spelled right!!)

ARRRHHHH!!!!

Well, maybe I can do a total Real Tree Vader. Hmmmm.....gettin ideas......

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Chris: All you really need is an ACE bandage and some small pieces of pipe, and TADAAHHH!!!- Instant Tusken Raider!

OK- directions to come....soon. I'll PM them to everyone.

BTW....should I just do it from a common point, such as I-40 & HWY 385? Or should I just give you all my address and let you go to Mapquest.com and let them give the details?

21. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, I think I might have another costume. He he. Pretty cool I think. It definately make me laugh!!! :p

22. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Tim Either way would work. Just do whats easiest for you.

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hi all! Sorry to be scarce, but things have been NUTS around here lately, LOL.

Chris: Oh wow, sorry to hear about your wife's surgery. I hope she is doing well. You could always make her a Jabba costume and she could lay on the sofa, LOL!

I made a little list of some things that I thought would be good party food, so just 'sign up' for whatever you want to bring. (That's how we used to plan for these things at work, LOL.)

QGT and I will provide the napkins, cups, forks, spoons, etc. and I'll make some pizza rolls or something like that. Some other suggestions:

Soft drinks

Chips (and dip, optional)

Cookies (or candy, cake, etc.)

Veggie tray

Cheese & crackers

Also, we have kitchen chairs for inside the house and a swing in the back yard, but we don't have many outdoor chairs...so feel free to bring a lawn chair or something like that if you'd like.

:) Traci

24. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hmmmm...not many women that I know would like to be Jabba. I just don't think that that is a good idea. :D

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Meaning that if she was Jabba, then you, Chris, would have to wear the metal bikini thing, and that's not an image the world is ready for.

OK- gotta get some maps out for the few who have RSVP'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.