main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends And She Told Him - H/L viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Liesl, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Title: And She Told Him
    Author: Liesl
    Timeframe: Directly after RotJ
    Characters: H/L
    Genre: romance
    Keywords: Han, Leia
    Summary: Leia tells Han about being Vader's daughter
    Notes I know this has been done before, but this is my take on it. Thanks to Master Rish for all of her help and beta-ing.

Leia sat next to Han, his left arm draped comfortably over her shoulders. The ewoks continued to dance and play music, fireworks constantly being launched to the sky. [i]They look like the second Death Star being destroyed[/i]. The image of color exploding in the atmosphere reminded her of everything from her imprisonment on the first Death Star to Bespin. She thought about what Luke had told her last night on the bridge. His words had haunted her for the past day cycle.

[i]How can Vader[/i] ? Darth Vader ? [i]be my birth father?[/i] she thought. [i]How could the Force allow that to happen? Was it not enough that he tortured me on the Death Star, assisted in the destruction of Alderaan?[/i] Leia considered the other atrocities Vader had done. [i]No. He had also cut off Luke?s hand. But worst of all, he had Han put into carbon freeze as a[/i] test.[i] No decent human could perform any of those acts without feeling remorse, but then, Vader was more machine than man. That?s still no excuse?[/i]

Abruptly, Han gently tugged on her arm ? the one without the blaster burn ? and effectively put an end to her reverie. But memories of Vader were still on the forefront of her mind.

?Come on, Sweetheart,? Han said standing up, practically dragging Leia to her feet. ?You?re coming with me.?

?Han, where are we going?? Leia scrambled to her feet.

Han only smirked. ?You?re not the only one who can give orders, your Worship. Be patient, you?ll see where we?re going, but trust me. Now let?s go.?

?I can follow orders just fine, but being told what to do by scruffy looking nerfherders?? Leia playfully wrinkled her nose. ?I can only question that authority.?

Han grinned. ?Oh really?? He paused dramatically before continuing. ?What about what [i]generals[/i] tell you to do??

?Well, as far as generals go, I suppose I have no problem listening to what they say.? Leia smiled as Han took her hand.

?Now as General Solo, I?m asking ? not ordering ? you to come with me.? He lightly caressed her face with his free hand.

?Lead the way, General.?

Half a standard hour later, Leia was tired of being dragged through the Endorian forest. The shoes the Ewoks had provided her with were made of a material thinner than bantha wool. Blisters had formed on the soles of her feet and the cool night air numbed her nose. The only nice thing about the walk so far was having her hand enveloped in Han?s strong, warm grasp.

?Do you even know where we are, Flyboy??

?Sure I do. We?re almost there.? Leia watched as Han stumbled over a knotted tree root.

?Just tell me where we?re going.?

Han pushed some tree branches out of the way for him and Leia to pass through. ?Hey, I said we?re almost there.?

?This had better be worth it, Han.?

He leaned down to kiss her frosty nose. ?It will be.?

Four hundred kilometers later, they reached a small clearing. A lone tree stump, cut down long ago to build an ewok hut, was the only mark in the lush grass covered ground. Brown barked trunks enclosed it; the tops of the trees seemed to outline the sky in a green foliage frame. The celebration continued in the village and colorful fireworks of various colors were still being launched into the night sky. Once more, they reminded Leia of Luke?s words the previous night.

[i]I have to tell Han[/i], she realized. [i]But how can I tell him the truth? What will he think of Luke and me ? of [/i]me ? [i]when he learns our father was Darth Vader? Gods, how can I tell him that his friends? father is the one who put him in carbonite? I don?t have to tell him tonight. No, I won?t put him through that now. Tomorrow maybe?[/i]

?Credit for your thoughts, Princess?

2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :eek:
    It blew me away!!! Awesum writing!!! :D Well done!!!
    =D= =D= =D=

S_M

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  4. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    That was one gut wrenching moment, but followed by such sweetness.

Arkady

5. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    We were on our way back to the fuzzy midget village ? I mean ewok village

Gotta love Han and his nicknames for things/persons/droids/"teddy bears" etc. that bug him!!

Liesl-

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful Viggie! =D=

I think you should write a sequel viggie! ;)

"Heart"

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    We were on our way back to the fuzzy midget village ? I mean ewok village,? Han corrected himself as Leia jokingly slapped his chest.

That sounds so like Han! :D Liesl, that was beautiful. I liked how Leia treid resoning her way out, firm in the belief Han would reject her, than her bloodline meant she would eventually turn. Loved how Han explianed the truth of the matter.

Just lovely!! :D :D

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    SITH_MAYO - Thanks.[face_blush]

Golden_Jedi - ;) [:D]

Arkady - That was one gut wrenching moment, but followed by such sweetness.
    Isn't that what's so nice about Han and Leia?

I_Heart_Han_Solo - A sequel viggie...[face_thinking]

Healer_Leona - It's a great thing Leia has Han and vice versa. They're so good for each other.

8. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    Hooyah! Nice vig!

9. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is very good.=D=

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Beautiful vig! My favorite part was Han reassuring Leia that her parentage did not matter to him because he had no idea who his parents were, or if they were even still alive. Han and Leia are such a perfect pair because on the outside they seem so different, but on the inside they are incredible similar. They were two lonely souls who were lucky enough to meet and fall in love. Nice writing! :)

11. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    DarthAllana - Glad you liked it.:)

ccp - Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it.

Solo_Fan - Han and Leia are such a perfect pair because on the outside they seem so different, but on the inside they are incredible similar. They were two lonely souls who were lucky enough to meet and fall in love.
    That's a wonderful way of describing H&L's relationship. They both use different fronts, but deep down, they're more alike than I think either one would care to admit.

12. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Aww, H/L cuteness!! :)

13. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Sweet.

:p The Luke part was so unexpected it was funny.

14. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    How did I not see this? Great job! Very sweet, and with all these EVIL H/L stories going around, we need sweet! [face_love]

15. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    ZekksGoddess - Han and Leia are pretty cute together, aren't they? When they're not bickering. [face_mischief]

SpiritofEowyn - I wasn't sure about including the line about Luke. I'm glad someone found it funny!

PonyTricks - I hope there were enough sweet H/L moments in this viggie to your liking (you won't ever get evil H/L from me ;)).

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    =D= ..

Just...

=D=.

I think this is the best interpretation of this theme I've ever read. Wonderfully written and the characterizations never wavered. I could very much picture this as the way things might have happened had the cameras continued to roll.

Lovely.

Han...*sighs* What a man. ;)

17. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    MirandaFair - Wow, thanks![face_blush] Han is definitely the man. ;)

18. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I just found this too. I always imagined Leia refusing Han's proposal(initially anyway) because of her parentage. That was great and a nice break from all those mean fics with people trying to come between them. Where do these authors get these devilish idea's? LOL.

I'd like to see a sequel too. How did he work up the courage to propose again and did she say YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!?

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Anymore stuff of yours. I'd love to read them if you do.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! =D= Absolutely gorgeous! :D

20. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    kimmi - I think I have an idea for a sequel, just not sure when it should take place...

VaderLVR64 - Thanks, that means a lot. :)

21. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Really great story - and so very well written!

Super job!

oldj

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    oldjedinurse - Thanks. I owe Master Rish for the idea.

23. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

[face_love]

Well you already know I think it rocks but, I wanted to stop by and tell you one more time. You really captured H/L in this viggie. So from one crazy H/L fan to another . . . bravo =D= =D=

24. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Rish - I can't thank you enough for all of your help with this. :)
    (And being a crazy H/L fan is really the only way to go, right? :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.