"...and six real life dates."

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    And I can't believe my little joke generated a 42-response thread in the Comms forum...

Well, you see, QS, we're in an era of PPOR :D
  2. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone remember the scene from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, where this assasin tries to kill Indiana Jones by poisoning a bowl of preserved fruit on the table?
    As Indy walks past, the bowl, he picks up a piece of preserved fruit and tosses it into the air and open his mouth to catch it, when his friend (I think it was Grimli) catches the preserved fruit just before it goes into his mouth. Indy's friend points to a dead monkey that had been eating the preserved fruit while, and Indy goes all white because he knows that he almost died.
    Then his friend goes, "Bad dates..." [face_plain]

6 dates... geddit? :p

'K bye.
  3. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It is the actor that played Gimli, yes :)
  4. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    Where can I apply for one of these six RL dates?
  5. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
  6. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    What happened to the new colors?

Too many complaints?

Oops...forgot to finish this...

I did love the joke about the 6 RL dates.

I thought that another joke could have been used as well.
  7. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    "bad dates"

That has to be one of the most horrible yet funny puns I've heard in years. :D
  8. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I get go to on one of the 'bad dates' this afternoon. I was even watching that movie when the guy called to ask me out, think it's a sign?
  9. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ouch, Marold, that's a no no for the religion of Geekness. Your date is doomed [face_plain]

There was a time when I actually might have believed that :eek:

Anyway, yeah, the 6 rl dates thing actually offended me at first, cause I thought it was a jab at JCers who meet and fall in love over the net, but now I get it. Hehe, funny guy, you are. :p ;)
  10. Thraxwhirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah, it's a byline that Quixotic-Sith came up with in the mod squad to go with the ten mil thing. it's a joke on the fact that fanboys are seen by the general public as dateless dweebs.

Those darn Mods! I knew they were watching me! :mad:

Interesting thought though, this 'dating via JC' business. I've never met another JCer, male or female, even just for a polite chat, let alone a date. :( Yet I consider a few folk here genuine friends. :) Shame you all live far, far away. :(

To me you all look like your icons. [face_plain]
  11. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    To me you all look like your icons.

That would make some users rather interesting looking.

Do I look like a cross between Obi Wan and Anakin, or do I look like a two headed, two torsoed monster?
  12. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lol, well, irl ya couldn't tell me from MY icon ;)

Thrax, JC dating rules, long as you're willing to be committed enough to the person to actually meet them irl. But it's not really something that you can force, I think it just sorta has to happen. For me it's happened...one...two...and now maybe *three* times...:eek:

And every time I say "oh yes, Caity, this time you know everything there is to know about the scummyness of guys, so you're prepared." But you know the sad thing? Love takes all your preparation and strategy and throws it out the window, so you're back at square one. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing really.

But I'm pretty confused about the whole situation these days anyway. So excuse my aimless rantings.
  13. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
  14. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    To me you all look like your icons.

...in a way, I'd probably be classed as better looking if I did.

I would now show a good pic of me, but can only find one froma week or two back.
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/reaperfett/scan.txt]
    It saves on film ;)
  15. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Errol...bah hubug what?

And Reaper, is that really you? You're not too shabby lookin ;)
  16. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The glass that I am pressed against must improve me :)
  17. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
  18. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lol...I see...you did look at a bit of an odd angle...explain how you got a pic of yourself pressed against some glass?
  19. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Open scanner, put head in, press scan :)
  20. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Connemara: 'Bah hambug' because you're just being cynical, everyone know that internet realtionships always work out. ;)

:p
  21. Thraxwhirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Connemara: 'Bah hambug' because you're just being cynical, everyone know that internet realtionships always work out.

It's certainly not without precedent, Darth_Destructo. I know of a few cases where things went well for the people in question.

I know a guy(a friend of a friend), who met his wife on the internet. I think she lives in Boston or somewhere near there.

He emigrated to the USA so as to be with her, and they're now married.

Apparently they're blissfully, blissfully happy.

There's another guy I knew(a former co-worker of mine) who did the same. She came here to meet him. They got on really well, and now he lives with her in Michigan or perhaps Wisconsin.

I am led to understand that things worked out for them.

The couple who lived in the flat below me met on the net. She came over here from Chicago, and they got married. Last July they both emigrated back to Illinois.

They too are very very happy together.

A relative of mine used to be married to an American. Unfortunately he passed away, but they had hitherto been very happy together. Whether or not they met online I do not know.

Her father, a divorcee, is in a long-term serious relationship with a woman from across the Pond also. I suspect sooner or later they will have a place together - either here or in the US. Again, I think they may have met online.

And now I come to think of it, there's an American lady I know here in Swindon who decided to emigrate from the US back in the '70s because Nixon got elected, and she's now married to a local chap.

Admittedly, I cannot put THAT one down to the internet, but nevertheless, things worked out for her and her husband too.

So in their cases at least, it seems things went well.

Not that I am ever jealous to learn that relationships work out for other people, you understand.

[Tries to sound like he meant that last bit].

Well that's my two cents' worth on the issue.

Anyhow, I'm tired. I shall be heading off now.

Good luck with the dating game you folks, especially you Connemara. I hope someday you find a bloke who's not quite so scummy as the previous ones you've encountered. [face_plain]
  22. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually... I was joking, hence the ";)" at the end of the statement. :p

Still, I do believe in stuff like this and have been since Nov 02... heh... We'll see how it goes. ;)

Edit: Emoticons hate me [face_plain]
  23. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Thrax. I think there's a chance I might have my faith restored in JC dating after all (note how I don't say *internet* dating, per se, because, imo, most people associate *internet* dating with going into a chat room and ending up cybering with some 50 year pervert who has hot, and fake, pics)

And you shouldn't give up hope, either. You reallu shouldn't. But then, I'm one to talk. For months I've sneered at everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) telling me "you'll find the One someday, Caity" "God has a man for you" "You deserve so much better"

:p
  24. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Interesting conversation, but I believe we've moved out of the realm of Communications.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.