main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And the Children Shall Lead ~ COMPLETED AND TAGGED ~ IVS trailer up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    All right, after weeks of agonizing over this, I am posting it.

This is definitely AU, and takes place between Ep. III and Ep. IV: ANH (in case you don't know what intertrilogy means.)

I would like to thank Darth_Fruitcake, who was the first person to hear this idea. It is the most complicated plot I've ever come up with, and, strangely enough, hit me all at once. Fruity encouraged me, and read the whole thing, and loved it, giving me the confidence to tell others about it.

JadeSaber offered to beta for me, and has done a wonderful job. She is extremely thorough and is the best beta I have ever worked with. Her time is in high demand, consequently, so if posts are sometimes delayed, please forgive us. Quality, not quantity, right? :) *hugs Jade*

Lastly, thanks to George Lucas and all the people who own these characters. I love them, and I'm so happy I get to use them!

*deep breath* Here we go.

And the Children Shall Lead

The two children looked at each other and smiled. Both were dressed in pure white. The girl wore a long, flowing robe, and her thick, brown tresses were pulled atop her head in a mass of tumbling curls. The boy wore a tunic and leggings. Each wore a matching white robe over their ornamental clothing, which trailed behind them as they walked toward the entrance to the hall.

"You look great," the boy said.

"So do you."

He grinned. "I combed my hair."

She laughed and took his hand, squeezing it nervously. "Good thing, too."

The pair was startled by a blast of brass instruments, a declaration of joy and celebration to the gathered assembly. The girl sucked in an excited breath, and together they stepped through the door, out into the center of a broad, white-carpeted aisle. Thousands of faces watched them, glowing with pride. Their expressions were tinged with awe as they rose to their feet and bowed toward the children.

"Their royal highnesses Prince Luke Organa and Princess Leia Organa!"

Side by side, the twelve-year-old twins walked slowly and confidently up the aisle, smiling and tilting their heads nobly to their future subjects. Bail Organa stood on the raised dais at the end of the aisle, beaming proudly at them. When they reached the steps, Luke handed his sister up them, following behind regally. They knelt together on the top step and bowed their heads, still holding hands.

"Upon this, their twelfth birthday," Bail began, his voice carrying to every corner of the vast chamber, "the twin heirs to my position come of age." A shining golden droid stepped forward with a white cushion, made of the same Sacorrian silk as the children's clothes. Bail turned and lifted a ring of silver off the cushion then reached down and took Luke's right hand. "With this ring, I do seal your fate to that of Alderaan, and meld your heart with the heart of your people. When your time comes, my son, remember to love your people above all else except your duty, and serve them as your ancestors have done for countless generations."

Luke lifted his head, his bright blue eyes solemn and determined. "I will serve Alderaan well, Father, as long as it is within my power to do so." Bail slid the ring onto Luke's finger, where it fit loosely. Luke looked at it for a moment, studying the beautiful etchings upon its surface; then he lowered his head and squeezed his sister's hand again.

Bail again turned to the golden droid and lifted a delicate tiara off the cushion. The intricate metalwork was inlaid with gems clearer than spring water, and Mon Calimari pearls in a beautiful, harmonious pattern. "With this crown, I do seal your fate to that of Alderaan, and meld your heart with the heart of your people. When your time comes, my daughter, remember to love your people above all else except your duty, and serve them as your ancestors have done for countless generations."

Leia lifted her head, her chocolate-brown eyes glowing with pride and love. "I will serve Alderaan well, Father, as long as it is

2. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    JadeSaber offered to beta for me, and has done a wonderful job. She is extremely thorough and is the best beta I have ever worked with. Her time is in high demand, consequently, so if posts are sometimes delayed, please forgive us. Quality, not quantity, right? *hugs Jade*

[face_blush] *hugs Em*

That's right... Quality not quantity. :)

And speaking of quality... great post, and a great start! :) *hugs Em again*

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow! Great beginning! I'm ALREADY hooked! There was a lot of hope in the first part of the post with the twins, and a lot of ominiousness with Han. Can't wait to read more!

4. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    (recalls Em's anti PT stance....j/k)

Looks good so far!!

-Tim

5. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Count me in!

So let me take stock:

Luke's an Alderaan too......

Han's working for Boba Fet..... (now that was a very clever idea. I'm anxious to see where it goes from here.

Han'd be about.... what, 23 in this story?

Great start!

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Awesome beginning!!! :D I love this story so far. It's very interesting to see how you are tying in all of our favorite characters here. Great job and keep going! :D

7. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    ::eek:pen mouthed stare::

Wow. *smiles*

From one Emily to another, great job!

8. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow. This is off the an awesome start, Em. Very interesting. Luke and Leia ruling Alderaan, and Han working for Boba Fett? Very interesting indeed...

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I noticed you said EU characters would be in this fic.

[face_hopeful] Mara? Pweese? ;)

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    What is this doing at the almost-bottom of the page?

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Looks very interesting Em. the twins were so cute.

12. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow Em!!! *hugs* Incredible start! You have young Han just as I would imagine him, and Luke and Leia are great! I can't wait to see how this all ties together! :D

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    interesting................ ;)

14. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    This has a wonderful beginning. I am interested to see where you will take this.

15. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Jade-- Thanks. *hugs again*

Kevin-- *blushes* Already hooked? Wow . . . *is impressed with self*

Tim-- Er . . . yeah. *cough* I don't like prequel. Um, yeah. *coughs again* So I decided to, erm, expand my horizons a little . . . *slinks away*

Sache-- *whistles innocently* Yes. Luke and Leia growing up together on Alderaan and Han working for Boba Fett. I'm not exactly sure how old Han is in this, but I was aiming for early twenties. :)

Gwen-- *grins* It ain't fanfic if Han ain't in it. ;) *remembers the other fanfic she is writing* Er, never mind.

Emilie-- *shy smile* Thanks. *hugs* We Emilies have to stick together.

Wompy-- *grins* Thanks, sir. ;)

Emilie-- *whistles* Mara might be in it . . . Or I might just menton her in passing . . . you never know. [face_devil]

Mom-- *is bowled over that the great RebelMom is catually reading her new story* Wow, thanks. :)

Danni-- Thanks! *preens* I've always been told I write a good Han. ;) *ducks rotten vegetables*

Jedi_Liz-- Interesting is good. ;)

Darth_Silenous-- Me, too. *nods sagely* Actually, I have 70 pages of it written already. *grins* And the rest planned out in a detailed timeline that is accurate down to minutes at the end. ;)

Wow!!! Many of you I know and many of you I do not-- regardless, I am ecstatic that you are all reading my story! Those of you whom I know, thanks for dropping by! Those whom I do not, I hope I will get to know you better soon.

Thanks!

16. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Reporting as promised.

Very nice start, and good idea. That is, the "twins together" thing has been done before, but where it looks like its going - some "excitement" courtesy of two of the fans' fave characters - looks to be quite promising.

As before, I can't commit to respond to every post, but rest assured I am always around...

BTW, my sig, which you seem to like so much, is a direct quote from "Elven Star", the second book of the Death Gate series by Weis and Hickman. Check it out if you haven't - they're pretty good!

17. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    HE'S WORKING FOR BOBA FETT???? Mopsy! How could you do that??? Ok, well, awesome start my dear, I am hooked and will be in this for the duration! *cheers at the thought of being in on the beginning of one of Em's fics* ;)

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *sits down to wait for some more*

Popcorn or M&Ms, anyone?

19. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Wow.

I don't think I have read a fanfic where Luke and Leia are together on Alderaan so far. And Han being with Boba Fett... Is he some kind of slave of him? The way he says 'his master'...

Interesting start. You definately have me hooked. Now I just have to be on the look-out for more...

GREAT!

20. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    This story has started up? YES!!! Wonderful start, Em! Great job so far! Ooo! Boba and Han give me the creeps!

The ceremony was beautiful! Was the gold droid Threepio? :)

Can't wait for more! ::AQ grabs a bowl of popcorn and plops down to wait::

:D

AQ

21. ExplosionGirl

ExplosionGirl Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
  22. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    Seventy pages?! *amazement gives way to a deep satisfaction* So...that means a lot of posts, right? *rubs hands together in anticipation* I can't wait....

23. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    Seventy pages?! *amazement gives way to sly satisfaction* So...that means a lot of posts, right?

*smiles sweetly and rubs hands together in anticipation* I can't wait....

24. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *runs in, carrying loose leaflets of paper with S/S madness written on them. A pencil is stuck behind her ear, a pen in her teeth, and crazed glee in her eyes*

OKAY! I'M WRITING, I SWEAR!!!

*pause*

Oh, sorry, I'm in the wrong thread.

*flings S/S papers over her shoulder*

Em, this looks fabulous. But you know I think that. So keep it up, and Big Supporter/Encourager will be right here waiting for you. ;)

25. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Oohhh cute start Em... Prince Lukie... make him grow up fast!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.