main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And the Children Shall Lead ~ COMPLETED AND TAGGED ~ IVS trailer up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    *blinks* Wow... WOW. What can I possibly say about that... powerful. Very, very powerful. The descriptions of the battle made it seem like I was actually watching it take place (the addition of the holographic galaxy was great). And that last part with Mara... *shudders* Perfect.

Incredible job, Em! :)

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oh no.......you're making Mara evil in this! :( :_| :_| :_|

Good Post

3. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hey, Em! Wonderful post!

At least Palpster is dead now, too.
    What is, if you don't let him reappear as a clone.

As for Mara; there is always hope, what she will fall in love with Luke some years later on.

Poor Luke and Leia, they'll be rushing back to the cell only to find both parent dead.

Nonetheless: Merry Christmas to you, Em!

Vadey

Edit: I nearly forgot happy 1100.

4. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    *begins singing like the munchkins in The Wizard of Oz* Yay, Yay, the Emperor's dead!!! 8-} That was a really great post. I really enjoyed it. I don't want to know what happens when Luke and Leia find out that not only one but both of their parents are dead! :_|. I hope the next post is soon and Merry Christmas!

Amigirl [face_love]

5. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooooooh, the twins took out Palpy! But they managed to tick of a tiny Mara in the process! *laughs evily* Mara vs Luke... just like the good old days. ;)

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, talk about powerful fighting! The twins really work well together!

Palpy's dead! Palpy's dead!

Mara Jade's in the picture. Suddenly the happiness is dulled considerably.

7. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Danni-- Thanks. :) Your reaction is exactly what I was going for, and it's very gratifying that my climactic scene turned out so well.

Jedi_Liz-- You betcha. Mara is evil and getting eviller. ;)

Vadey-- Another pet peeve of mine: I really don't like this whole clone thing. Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

amigirl-- Oh, you'll find out. [face_devil]

wompy-- Of course. What's a Luke fic without Mara at his throat? ;)

bobilll-- Yes, the twins work very, very well together. And yes, Mara Jade is in the picture, and man is she ticked. ;) [face_devil]

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Are you done killing people yet? ;)

Luke and Leia make a great team. A ticked off Mara will make for an interesting encounter later.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    yay!! Palpy's dead! But poor little Mara.. all mad now... And I know from experience that it's never good to piss off a red-head... ;)

Great job Em!

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Mom-- Ummm . . . if I say yes, will you hold me to it?

Miana-- Especially a redhead who's been trained by the Emperor her entire life. ;) [face_devil]

11. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *Merry Christmas all!* :D
    ~~and happy 1100 (not quite as exciting as 1000 posts or a personal 3000 posts, but fun none the less!)

Ok, THAT character death i won't mourn! You are spared from my usual moan&groan session 8-} My Christmas gift to you :)

The twins' merging as one was awesome. I loved the 'see as I see, feel as I feel' idea. It sounds vaguely familiar; was it an original idea or were u influenced by something, like a book or a movie scene?

Yay! A Mara appearance. I love all things Mara; she's kool as a good or a bad character (so long as she's not written wrong like in some of the books, but we wont go there!). It was way creepy when she stood over the Emperor absorbing his powers, a foreboding scene. I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of her wrath; i fear for and pity the twins!!

The image of Luke wielding a red Sith lightsaber unsettles me. I may just be reading too much into things, but that smacks of forshadowing.

Those alarms sounding were a result of Han et al right? I love those guys! I hope none of them are killed in the next posts, i remember u saying there were more character deaths to come, and i cant for the life of me guess who could be next. Its like a game of Star Wars Clue or something!

I dont wanna see Luke and Leia's reactions when they find out what has happened to their parents. Thats going to be TOO sad. I cant imagine what it would feel like to lose 2 sets of parents, and in just one story. Granted Vader's only in the DYING stage, but that gives me little hope. I've learned my lesson on the subject to character death in this story ;)

Speaking of Vader, since he had his little "anger spout", is he considered of the dark or light side? It seems like it could easily be either. And what's Obi up to?

All that, and I only have 2 posts left to have it resolved! Two posts.....
    :::Mutters to self- "i will not cry, i will not cry.....":::

::Windstar Out::

12. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Bri-- Oooh, a mini-essay! This calls for a very long response. :)

The twins' merging as one was awesome. I loved the 'see as I see, feel as I feel' idea. It sounds vaguely familiar; was it an original idea or were u influenced by something, like a book or a movie scene?

Everything I read, write, see, hear, etc, influences me somehow, so I don't know if I got that idea from somewhere else. The way I'm using it, however, is completely original, and will not be revealed in full until the sequel (which I have written five scenes of already).

Yay! A Mara appearance. I love all things Mara; she's kool as a good or a bad character (so long as she's not written wrong like in some of the books, but we wont go there!). It was way creepy when she stood over the Emperor absorbing his powers, a foreboding scene. I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of her wrath; i fear for and pity the twins!!

I really love Mara, and I'm excited to explore her darker side. I'm a little worried about writing her badly, since she's a character I've always found difficult, but I hope I live up to your expectations.

The image of Luke wielding a red Sith lightsaber unsettles me. I may just be reading too much into things, but that smacks of forshadowing.

And you know me too well-- I love symbolism. [face_devil]

Those alarms sounding were a result of Han et al right? I love those guys! I hope none of them are killed in the next posts, i remember u saying there were more character deaths to come, and i cant for the life of me guess who could be next. Its like a game of Star Wars Clue or something!

Yeah, their self-destruct alarm plan worked. Surprise suprise. ;) You never know who I'll kill next. And if you're in this much suspense between posts, just think who will die in the seven years between this story and the sequel. [face_devil]

I've learned my lesson on the subject to character death in this story

I should hope. ;)

Speaking of Vader, since he had his little "anger spout", is he considered of the dark or light side? It seems like it could easily be either. And what's Obi up to?

I won't answer your question, but I'll remind you that Obi told Vader "Your children will redeem you."

:D

13. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ooooh! I had totally forgotten about Mara! Only two more posts, huh? Awesome! It always feels so good to be reaching the completeness level of a story, doesn't it? :)

(I'm not going to mourn the loss of the story, cause I know you said it was part of a trilogy ;))

And Palpy's dead. Muwahahahaha!!! Good riddance to bad (and ugly) rubbish :p

14. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Original concepts are always good; they mean new storylines for me to get hooked on!

Ooh, we have scenes for IVS prepared! :::does happy dance:::
    Do you have any idea when u'll post the first one?

Mara's a enigma alright, but that's what makes her so fun :)
    Sorry if my mini-rant about getting her right didnt make your worries any easier!! [face_blush] Not my intent!
    *hehe* As for my expectations, dont worry, I have every confidence in you!

You never know who I'll kill next. And if you're in this much suspense between posts, just think who will die in the seven years between this story and the sequel.

Ok, thats just mean!! And on Christmas too..... 8-}

Oops! Almost forgot-
    i KNEW that Sith lightsaber was a sign!!

15. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    All right people, I'm sorry I don't have the next post yet, but I'm going to be gone for five days (until Dec. 31st) and will have no access to the internet.

The post should be ready by the time I get back, but things are almost wrapped up, so I don't feel bad about the level of suspense I'm leaving you in.

As for when I post IVS, I really have no idea. I'd kind of like to get it all written and betaed before I begin posting, because I'm doing a lot of going back through the story and making things fit as a whole instead of just scene by scene. However, if I (and you) get terribly impatient, I may start posting it the way I did with ATCSL. We'll have to wait and see. It mostly depends on how much time I have to write once school starts up again.

16. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Ugg, school....dont even get me started

UP!!!

17. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm back and I loved the last two posts!

*inez dances around singing*
    Ding-dong! Palpy's dead! The wicked Sith-lord's dead!

inez

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Back! Thank you all for your patience!

Luke clasped Leia's hand as they ran through the halls. Neither of them felt their father's presence, but the Force led them straight to him. Both twins faltered at the sight of the hallway littered with corpses, and Leia felt the gorge rise again in her throat. Luke squeezed her hand, and they picked their way through the bodies to the dark form that lay in the middle of all the destruction.

The alarms here were so loud that they could barely hear themselves think. A few stormtroopers staggered toward the exits, helmets off, hands over their ears. Ben Kenobi stood over Vader, watching the twins.

"The Emperor?" he asked, when they were close enough to hear.

"Dead," Luke said shortly. He did not want to remember the events in the throne room.

Ben nodded, seeming to understand this. "Your father is dying."

Luke swallowed and hurried to Vader's side, dropping his sister's hand to kneel by the dark helmet. Leia mirrored him. "Father?" he whispered, choking on the word. Vader did not stir.

Luke looked up at his sister, sensing the same fear in her. He reached out and took her hand, then touched his father's mask. Father?

My children. Vader's body was too broken to respond, but he could still communicate with his children on this level.

Father! Leia leaned forward and pressed her lips against the cheek of his mask. Don't leave us!

I cannot help it now, my children. He seemed to hesitate, then, Please. Take my mask off. The machines that keep me alive are no longer working, and I wish to see you one more time.

Luke met Leia's eyes, and they nodded. Each undid the tiny clasps on the side of his mask, then lifted it off in unison. A pair of bright blue eyes met theirs. They needed neither words nor the Force to interpret the love and pride shining out at them.

"Father," Luke whispered, his voice cracking. "Don't leave us!" He touched the cold, pale skin of their father's forehead. The twins' tears fell on his ravaged skin.

"I . . . love . . . you . . ."

"Hush! Don't try to talk! We're going to get you out of here!" Leia said brokenly.

"No . . . leave me . . . with my . . . angel . . ."

The blue eyes caressed each young face once more, then with a tortured release of breath, Anakin Skywalker became one with the Force.

Luke felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Ben, tears pouring down his face and glittering like gems in his beard. "He's gone, children. He's gone to be with his mother . . . and his angel."

19. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    High, Em.

I wish you a happy new year! Where I live it is freshly born already.

Isn't Ben couragous enough to tell the twins that their mother is dead too?
    Is thaz why he referate to her as Vader's angel?

Post reminds me to the end of the Death Star II. Good post.

Vadey

20. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    To comment on the sadness of that post would be to dampen my New Year's party high, so i wont :D

I just love the way posts in this story mirror the movies, esp the 3 of the classic trilogy. They parallel, and thus compliment, nicely, and it always makes a story easier to read when things flow.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!
    Now b4 i become drunk w/ merriment and cyber champagne-

21. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow Em, nice work. You write lil Luke and Leia wonderfully.

Ok, so the Emperor is dead, Vader/Anakin is dead, as well as Padme. But Obi-wan is alive... interesting. Can't wait to see what you do with that...

Now where are Karde, Han, and the handmaidens?

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A sad post. I could feel the emotion. The parallels were nice too.

Happy New Year.

23. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    [face_shocked]

So tragic! Poor kids, just found their parents and already orphaned! Poor, poor twins!

24. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

5 months, 12 days to graduation!

Vadey-- Heya! Thanks for asking that; I guess I need to go back and clarify it. I was assuming in my head that they felt Padmé die, but I just realized I never specifically showed that. Thanks for the help!

Bri-- Yeah, as I've written these I realized that the trilogy is going to be an alternate Trilogy, not just an AU. That which happens in the OT will have to happen in some way, but just differently.

Wompy-- Han and the handés are busy with the self-destruct alarms, remember? ;) Obi-Wan will take a position of prominence in IVS, so I hope you enjoy that. And thanks for the compliment! I've been really nervous about writing the twins in this story and in IVS, because their lives have been so different, it's difficult to see how the circumstances would have changed them. But they got a lot of nominations in the Awards, so I guess I'm doing all right. :D

Mom-- Thanks!

bobilll-- Yeah, I know. I'm mean to my characters, aren't I? [face_devil]

Well, folks, there's only one post left and I will put it up as soon as the beta gets it back to me. Thank you all for reading. I've had a blast writing this, and I can only hope that you've had half as much fun reading it. I will begin posting another story, Breaking Through the Silence, a few days after finishing this one, and I hope you will all also check out the sequel, In the Valley of Shadow, when I get around to posting it. I will put an announcement on this thread with a link when I do begin posting IVS, so if you'll just check it every now and then, you won't miss it.

25. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    "No . . . leave me . . . with my . . . angel . . ."

*cries* That was so heartbreaking. And yet, it helps that he's going to be with his wife and mother. Poor Luke and Leia... poor Ben, too.

Wonderful job, Mopsy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.