Before "And the Darkness Rises" [Darth Plagueis & OC's] Chapter 5 - July 8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: And the Darkness Rises
    Author: darksideyesplease
    Timeframe: 75-100 years or so before TPM ??
    Characters: Darth Plagueis (aka: Troy Nacile II), OC's - , Hyrule Nacile (Troy's brother), Bly Cavin (Jedi), Troy Nacile(Plagueis' father), Lady Maridi Ferole (Plagueis' mother)
    Notes: A story of how Darth Plagueis came to be and his adventures throughout life. Also note, that Darth Plagueis has not yet been born at the beginning of this story.

Prologue

My goal? Our goal?

For the brotherhood of the Sith to return to power.

So long I have waited, we have waited. Yet, it cannot happen just yet.

For the revenge of the Sith cannot be taken through strength of arms. It must be taken blindly, stealthily. For no one must know that we have returned, especially the Jedi.

Their powers have grown strong and their propaganda has reached even the farthest corners of the galaxy. If one knows, they will know. That is why I lie here, biting my anger; biting back the dark side of the force, that so desires to be unleashed upon those around me.

It burns within me, each and every day. Yet I cannot put my powers on display, for fear that the Jedi would flock to me and our secret divulged, far too soon.

Another apprentice I must seek. For all those I have tested have been far too weak and I had no choice but to introduce them to death; for I could not risk them divulging my secret.

The dark side of the force is all but extinguished. Anyone worthy of using the force is greedily snatched up by the Jedi and taken to their Temple.

My resources; you must understand, are limited. But alas, my mind is always conjuring? I?m always planning? plotting; for I will find an apprentice that is suitable to my needs. He will understand the dark side of the force without comprehension of why he knows of it.

The force tells me that what I seek is close. Not physically, but in time, it is closer than I could have imagined. But my journey is not complete. I would not expect it to be so, as the force would never just let such a thing come so easily, for an apprentice to simply fall in my lap.

No, I must seek him out in a way I had never considered. Ah, the dark side is a remarkable thing.

No one is all knowing, but with her help, one could be. She gives me knowledge in the darkest of times. Now I see it. I see opportunity.

Why hadn?t I thought of it before?

How foolish could I have been? Yet, having her on my side allows me to make mistakes. With her, life can be very forgiving and when I see fit, unforgiving for those who do not understand.

Chapter 1

Lady Maridi Ferole smiled at herself in the full length mirror of her lavish bedroom. Soon she would be married to the man of her dreams.

All the invitations had been sent out across the galaxy weeks ago. People were traveling half way across the galaxy to see her wed Troy Nacile of Coruscant.

Troy, a self made wealthy businessman had been born and raised on Coruscant and only left his beloved Capital when business called for him to do so.

The couple had met on Coruscant no less. Maridi?s father had once been a Senator from Naboo and was still very much entrenched in the ways of the Republic and its politics. He of course had given Troy his blessing to ask Maridi to marry him.

Quietly, there was a knock at the door. Lady Maridi stood and turned but the door opened on its own. It was her beloved Troy.

?My darling.? She beamed from ear to ear as she clasped upon him with a hug.

?As you can see, I?m back.? Troy played with her sandy blonde curls of hair.

Lady Maridi was beyond beautiful, as many had come to expect from the young women of Naboo. So many that passed through, with that smile, with that gorgeous look, seemed to be from that tiny system near the Outer Rim.

?Just in time too!? She playfully griped. ?We are to be married in a week.?

?I wouldn?t miss that for the galaxy.? Troy smiled and kissed her fully on the lips.

?Everyone is coming. I hear that the Chancell
  2. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Very good start, my dear. I wonder who her fiance really is though. [face_thinking]
  3. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Very interesting start! [face_thinking] I can't wait to see where you go with this!

=D=
  4. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    FelsGoddess - As you will notice from Chapter 2 below, it is not Troy you need to be concerned with.

VaderLVR64 - Thanks! I have a lot planned for this story. It might start off rather slow, but that's only because I want to take my time with it and not rush it, and really get as much story out of it as I can. But it should be interesting along the way, nonetheless.

Here is Chapter 2! Please enjoy and feel free to comment!

Chapter 2

The extended Ferole family had gathered in an extravagant dining room within Troy?s Coruscant home. Noticeably missing from the picture was any member of the Nacile family. Most of Troy?s family had either passed away or he was no longer close to them, as his business ventures took up all of his time.

Although he had many friends and colleagues attending the wedding ceremony, they were not in attendance at this private dinner.

The Ferole family had gathered from many sectors across the galaxy. Many from Naboo, while others from planets that perhaps only the Jedi Archives could locate.

Also conspicuous by his absence was Troy himself. Lady Maridi had tried to stall everyone from starting their dinner, but it was a futile effort. Finally she had to give in and many family members she never remembered meeting began to enjoy the classy dinner.

Maridi didn?t touch her plate. She didn?t care if it got cold; she wanted to wait for her husband to be. He was already late; he couldn?t possibly be that much longer. After all, he said he was only going to go pick up his older brother Hyrule whom he had not seen in ten years.

?My daughter,? Maridi?s father, Desik spoke. ?Where is Troy? Won?t he be joining us for dinner this evening??

Finally Maridi?s attention from the large wooden double doors was broken as she turned to face her father who was sitting across from her.

?Yes, Father. He had to personally pick up his brother.?

?Brother? I didn?t know any of Troy?s family was attending.? Desik said, as he continued to slowly eat his food, holding the utensil in his elderly hands.

?I suppose it was a last minute thing. He hasn?t seen Hyrule in nearly ten years. He wanted to see to it personally he found his way.? Maridi explained.

?Ah, well as long as he?s not late for the wedding.? Desik joked.

?Father!? Maridi whimpered.

?I?m sorry, my dear. I know he wouldn?t be late to marry you for the galaxy. Who would? Obviously anyone who gets to marry my daughter is the luckiest man in the galaxy.?

Maridi blushed at her father?s compliment as she always had when he said such things.

?You?re much too kind, Father.?

As desert was being served, finally two men entered the room. The first Maridi recognized. It was her love, Troy. She smiled, until she saw the man walking behind him.

He was taller than Troy, his hair was black with spots of grey. He looked much older than the seven years difference Troy and he held in years. His face seemed to be worn with the horrific terrors of the universe. His eyes though. His eyes were what troubled, yet intrigued Maridi the most. They were not worn like his face. In fact they were almost beautiful in a sense. They were pristine, shiny. Blue in essence, but just as easily could have been mistaken for the color black.

His robes were well chosen, seemingly more luxurious than Troy?s. The blue and grey silks matched perfectly with small patches of what seemed to be real gold along the lining and seams.

Maridi soon noticed she wasn?t the only one drawn to this man behind Troy. Everyone had stopped their conversations and was looking at Troy?s guest.

Troy cleared his throat before he spoke. ?Ladies and Gentlemen, I?d like to introduce my brother. This is Hyrule Nacile.?

Hyrule gave a slight nod to introduce himself.

?Greetings, Hyrule.? Desik stood, parting from his delicious desert.

Desik walked over to Hyrule and extended his hand. ?It?s so good to finally meet a blood relative of Troy?s family.?

Hyrule looked at Desik?s hand. U
  5. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  6. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I think so.
  7. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm working on Chapter 3 at the moment, I'd really like some feedback though. I really thought this premise would be something at least a few people would be interested in reading.

Either way I'm writing this story (which will likely be over 100,000 words when it's finished, if it goes according to my current vision).

So, if anyone is out and has read the first two chapters, feedback would motivate me to pump out 2 or so updates per week.

Alas, I notice the Before forum is very very slow these days, yet that doesn't diminish the fact that I'm a feedback junkie and I need feedback. LOL

Anyways, if you are reading and lurking out there, thanks for at least giving it a look see and check back in the next 24 hours for Chapter 3.
  8. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    **Hope someone enjoys this! Looking for any kind of feedback! Thanks!

Chapter 3

The night before Maridi?s and Troy?s wedding was not so unlike any other. There was a fancy dinner, to which the Ferole family was quite used to. Only this time Hyrule had finally joined them.

Hyrule Nacile had avoided much contact with anyone since arriving on Coruscant just a few days prior. He maintained that he was ill and stayed in the guest quarters for almost three full days, only being disturbed when he was brought medicines and food.

He disposed of any medicine given to him, mostly because he did not truly need it. The façade had to end, otherwise his brother Troy would have most certainly insisted upon him going to the Jedi Temple once again.

Hyrule Nacile was a dark lord of the Sith. His kind had been in hiding for over seven-hundred years. To the Jedi, the Sith were an extinct breed of dark side force users.

But in fact, they had never truly vanished from the galaxy. Only a new rule was invented to govern the Sith.

Two there should be; no more, no less.
    One to embody power, the other to crave it.

A rule given to the ancient order by one, Darth Bane who survived the Sith cult trying to exterminate each other in the name of power. Unknowingly to the Jedi he survived and proceeding on teaching the ways of the Sith to an apprentice.

That apprentice would one day become the Master and would seek out his own apprentice.

This is why Hyrule Nacile, whom had become known only to himself as Darth Treachuous.

He had taken a few under his guidance in the past, but they were simply not strong enough in the ways of the force. Their intentions were what he would have liked to see in an apprentice, but their powers simply could not have stood up to a fully trained Jedi Knight or any other sort of mercenary for hire across the galaxy.

Not that he wanted them to attack the Jedi. That would have to wait, for he knew it would not be in his life time that the Sith would once again be revealed.

But the one he trained must be powerful so that the next he seeks would be just as powerful, if not more so. For when the time was right, a single Sith must be able to take down scorns of Jedi with the blink of an eye.

After all, there were only two?

No doubt the Sith were out numbered and until the time was right would continue to be so. But it was of no matter, the dark side of the force was allowing Darth Treachuous to be this close to the Jedi. He considered that a feat in of itself; that the fabled, Master Yoda could not even feel his presence, even if he was on the same system.

The night went on. The Ferole family, along with Troy and Hyrule drank over priced Champaign?s and alcohol?s late into the evening.

?Oh my,? Maridi began, barely able to speak coherently. ?It?s getting late and we have to be up in just a few hours to prepare.?

Troy closed his eyes and tried to cipher his thoughts through the many ounces of alcohol he had consumed.

?You?re right. Perhaps it?s best if we called it a night. I want to remember everything about tomorrow when you become my wife.? Troy said.

?Ah yes, and all this fun has made me somewhat ill again.? Hyrule lied.

The alcohol had little to no effect on him, as he was able to use the force to keep it from affecting his mind.

?No problem, I?ll walk you to your room, Brother.? Troy tried to stand up but nearly fell over.

?Perhaps it?s best if you just go straight to bed.? Maridi suggested. ?I can see Hyrule to his quarters.?

?Ah, yes.? Troy smiled. ?Good idea.?

With that, Troy quickly exited the room, relishing the fact that his head would soon hit a nice, cool pillow.

The rest of the Ferole family poured themselves another glass and continued about their good time, not paying much attention to what was going on around them.

Maridi led Hyrule down the corridor towards his bedroom. It was dark in that part of the large apartment and Maridi nearly ran into a wall. She was just able to catch h
  9. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Very suspenseful ending there.

Great update.
  10. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Sweet dang!

The prologue is what dragged me into this stroy - it was very chilling. And after reading the prologue I couldn't stop reading. I must say that that Hyrule is a nasty character...then again all Sith are. This is great so far. PM me when you update?
  11. Qui-GonSolo Jedi Knight

Always wanted to see a fic about Darth Plagueis. I like it so far.
  12. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    FelsGoddess - Don't worry, I won't leave you hanging for too long.

Meredith_Kenobi - Thanks for reading. The prologue is my favorite part that I've written so far, but trust me, I have a lot of exciting and good things planned for this story, so just stay tuned. I'll be sure to PM you, no problem.

Qui-GonSolo - Glad you decided to check it out. More coming very soon!

I'll be updating this afternoon. I have the first part of the new chapter written, I'm going to finish it up after work and post. We get a little small flashback into Hyrule's past, just as a little teaser.
  13. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 4

A hooded man stood aimlessly on a plain, flat landscape on an undetermined system in the Outer Rim. The wind whipped his black cloak into a furious swirling motion, back and forth. The wind changed directions almost as if it had a mind of its own.

The man felt the presence of another. Another he knew very well. It was his apprentice of nearly nine years, Darth Treachuous.

?Are the stars beautiful tonight?? The hooded man asked.

Treachuous stopped approximately a meter behind his master. ?I wouldn?t know.?

?And why is that, Lord Treachuous? For I cannot see with my physical eyes, but alas, you can.?

This was another small test that his master often gave him.

?A Sith does not distinguish between beauty and unsightliness.? The apprentice answered. ?The only beauty that is to be beheld lies in power.?

?Ah,? the dark and very blind man turned; Treachuous was still unable to see his face. ?Power is beautiful to you then??

?Very much so.? Treachuous didn?t hesitate in his response.

?I concur.? He said, finally lifting his head so that his apprentice could gaze into his evil eyes.

His eyes were devilishly yellow, as they always were. He was so drawn into the dark arts that he could no longer hide them through the force. The dark side flowed through him too wildly, untouched, and untamed.

?I?ve come to take the power that I crave.? Treachuous spoke confidently but did not move for his weapon.

?Your buoyancy is unparalleled; my still, very young apprentice.?

?I do not seek your permission.? Treachuous remarked, almost seething.

His master took a step forward and stood beside him, facing the opposite direction as he continued to talk with him.

?Your confidence is only matched by your impatience. You know that one day you are to be the master and you are the one to pass along my teachings.?

The apprentice snarled in annoyance at his master?s serene approach towards the situation. ?That time is now!?

?As your mentor, I would suggest against this move, young Treachuous. As you are not yet powerful enough, nor skilled in the ways of the dark side to defeat me. If you attempt to strike me down now, you will be killed and I will be forced to seek out yet another apprentice. For I am not ready for this life to end, I am not ready to become one with the force.?

Treachuous? master began to walk away from his apprentice. He bowed his head and was nearly ten meters away before the man once known as Hyrule Nacile turned to speak.

?It is not for you to decide when you shall parish.? He informed him.

The master stopped, but did not turn to face his apprentice. ?Then, my apprentice? prove my advice erroneous.?

The familiar sound of a lightsaber igniting from its hilt filled the cool night?s air?

When Lady Maridi woke up the next morning, she found herself lying next to Troy, whom seemed to be struggling from the previous night?s events. She on the other hand felt fine. She couldn?t remember coming into Troy?s room, which she would soon share.

Maridi was immediately disgusted with herself. She was still wearing the same clothes from the night before. She rolled gingerly out of bed, as to not disturb her soon-to-be husband.

As the hot water washed away any of the sleep that remained in her body, she nearly shrieked when she realized she would be a married woman in the next few hours. Her heart began to thump inside of her chest to the point she thought it might explode.

The wedding went off without a hitch. It was by all means, perfect. It was exactly what Lady Maridi had dreamt of since she was a little girl, playing in the meadows of Naboo. She now had her ?prince?. He was loyal, handsome, and wealthy. Above all else, she had little doubt in her heart that he truly loved her.

The reception immediately followed in a large ballroom that Troy had rented out months prior. It was decorated just as nice as the wedding ceremony; plenty of food, and an assortment of drinks for anyone?s taste.
  14. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Yoda better watch his liquor intake there. :p

Great update.
  15. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    The familiar sound of a lightsaber igniting from its hilt filled the cool night?s air?

wow. This whole sceme was very chilling. =D= =D= =D=

Way cool update. =D= =D= Thanks for the PM. More soon? [face_praying]
  16. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    FelsGoddess - Figured I throw a little humor in there, because there won't be much more.

Meredith_Kenobi - Yep, more soon. Thanks for commenting on the opening scene, I was proud of that. The story will be more character invovled and more dialouge as we get more into the story. Our new jedi friend, Bly Cavin is going to become a huge role in the early parts of story.
  17. Darth_Abtranor Jedi Master

star 1
  18. Qui-GonSolo Jedi Knight

19. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the replies, at least someone is reading.

I'll be updating this week and it will get a lot more interesting, with Bly Cavin coming into the picture. I have something extra special planned for him and Troy.
  20. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 5

As dust drew near, the well-wishers and guests of the wedding headed home or to their guest rooms. Troy Nacile and his newly wedded wife, Lady Maridi Ferola-Nacile entered their lavish apartment on Coruscant. As they entered the living area, they saw Hyrule sitting on a black leather sofa just staring at darkening wall.

?Hyrule?? Troy spoke, as he stepped away from Maridi and towards his brother. ?Hyrule!?

Hyrule suddenly snapped out of his trance. ?Sorry, my brother.?

?What?s bothering you??

?Nothing, I was just thinking.?

?I haven?t seen you in ten years; you think we?d have something to share in our lives with each other. But you haven?t had a real conversation since you?ve arrived. If you are ill, then you are ill, but you need to see a healer.? Troy persuaded.

?I assure you, I do not need a healer. For, there is nothing to heal.? Hyrule stood up and brushed his robes of any wrinkles and began to leave.

?Why do you speak this way? It?s as if you are mad.? Troy accused.

?You don?t know mad?? Whispered unconsciously into Troy?s mind.

Troy shook his head, and tried to gather where that voice had come from. It sounded real, as if it were whispering seductively in his ear.

?No matter, a healer will be here shortly. Then after I know something, me and Maridi will leave Coruscant. But not until I know you are better.?

An idea sprung into Hyrule?s head. ?You would really look after me, if I were sick??

?You are my blood. The only blood I have left. I have Maridi now, but I?d like a brother too.?

Hyrule turned and faced his brother. It was astonishing how sincere one could be. Hyrule had no capacity for that; only to deceive.

?My dear brother.? Hyrule cried. His deception and ability to lie as well as act was just as compelling as Troy?s sincerity.

?What is wrong? Can you tell me now?? Troy asked.

?I?ve been too stubborn to ever find out what ails me. Perhaps this healer can be of some help.?

?Oh, he can help, alright.? Troy said reassuringly. ?He?s a Jedi and has the backing of Master Yoda. They can help you, this is what they do.?

The term Jedi, flickered a kindle deep inside of Hyrule. He never thought he would again come across another Jedi in his life. The only other Jedi he had ever encountered never made it back to the Jedi Temple. Now one would be walking right up to him. This could work to his advantage, but he must hide his hatred deep down; any smoldering of hate could alert the Jedi to his dark attributes.

Maridi was beyond disappointed. Troy entered their bedroom where she was sitting in front of a vanity mirror taking off her earrings. As Troy entered the room, she let him know of his disgust by throwing the precious jeweled earrings on the counter top.

Troy stopped in mid stride knowing she was upset. ?I?m sorry. It shouldn?t take long.?

?This is our wedding night Troy. I?ve been dreaming of this day since I was a little girl on Naboo, and now we have to entertain Jedi.? Maridi sternly said.

?It?s only for a few minutes, I assure you. Then, the apartment will be quiet; we can turn the lights down and be with each other. Just think in two days we will be on our honeymoon for an entire month. No work, no family?? Troy tried to console her anger.

Maridi rolled her eyes and stood up, still wearing her wedding dress; she stumbled towards the large frame of the bed.

?No work? Troy, you might not be here on Coruscant, but I know better than to believe you won?t bring your work right along with you.?

Troy rubbed his eyes in defeat. He knew there was no winning this argument. He hadn?t imagined he would feel married so soon.

?I?m sorry my love. But I promise you the time of your life. As little interruption as possible.?

Maridi sighed as she sat down on the bed, then falling backwards carelessly, letting herself relax in the uncomfortable dress.

?I?m sorry, Troy. He?s your brother and if he needs a healer.? Maridi apologized.

?No need to say you?re sorry.
  21. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    ?This is our wedding night Troy. I?ve been dreaming of this day since I was a little girl on Naboo, and now we have to entertain Jedi.? Maridi sternly said. Someone's in for it. :p

Great update.
  22. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Very cool. Slightly confusing, but it's suppsed to be that way 'casue we're not suppsed to know exactly what's going on. :p

=D= =D= =D= More soon!
  23. darksideyesplease Force Ghost

star 4
    this is true, because Hyrule isn't sick at all... the question is, does Hyrule even know what he's doing at this point.

He's being sort of reckless, contemplating going to the Jedi Temple, when he knows there is nothing he can do, as far as fighting the Jedi and reveiling who he is.

Although I can assure you, he is in perfect health.

but soon things will clear up and you will see Bly's true purpose...

It is going to take a bit longer before we see young Troy Nacile II (Plagueis) as all of this build up will be important when you see what happens between Bly, Troy, and everyone else.
  24. Qui-GonSolo Jedi Knight

Dang, there's a lot going on here. Looking forward to when Plagueis does appear.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.