main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends And the Force Knew -a collection of vingettes- [Legacy Era, OCs second post 10/21]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by thesporkbewithyou, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Title: And the Force Knew
    Author: thesporkbewithyou
    Genra: angst/drama with a little bit of horror
    Era: Legacy
    Key Word(s): vingette, OC
    Summary: This is a collection of five or six vingettes depicting the lives of men and women under siege

Author's Note: If you like happily ever after, mushy, come from behind stories, then this is not the fic for you. Star Wars is full of those types of stories, but I'm here to tell the one where the little bantha couldn't. If you're intrigued, then I hope you stay with me. Updates wil be whenever I get the next vingette finished. This mini-series was indirectly heavily inspired by Les Miserables.

Prologue

We were lovers once. Kind-hearted men and women who loved to do nothing more than trail kisses up and down our partner?s body, and whisper sweat nothings in their ear.

We were mothers once, and fathers too. Caring people who once sat little boys and girls on our knees and told them countless stories about the bravery of the Jedi.

We were siblings once, and while we didn?t always get along, we stuck by each other through thick and thin.

We were children once, happy and carefree who loved to do nothing more than swing from the branches of trees and indulge in games of make believe.

We were students once, who worked hard to expand our knowledge and gain a new perspective on the galaxy.

We were all those things once: lovers and parents, siblings, children and students with lifetimes ahead of us. But look at us now! Yes, you. I?m talking to you who?ve parked yourself just beyond these barricades. You think I can?t see you out there, staring at me with your beady little hate filled eyes? Because I can. I felt your eyes on us all the time, even through the walls of the barricade.

Look closer, General! I invite you to take a closer look at what your Colonel?s quest for ?order? has done. Now, we have no future. Now, it is a struggle just to stay alive until the evening. I am one man alone now, but the meager supplies I have left are barely enough to get me through the end of the week. And if that?s the situation I?m in, just think how hard it had been to feed the hundred or so men, women and children who made the barricades their home, before they were murdered.

You?re looking away, General. I know you?re going to pretend like this letter never existed after you?ve read some of it. But that?s okay. I know that some day, someone will find this letter and our story will be heard. We will be used as a rallying point for all those who fight for freedom and justice, an example held up and glorified. And you know why? Because we held out to the last. Untrained as we were, we never stopped fighting, even when it got tough. Our futures might have been ruined, but we fought so future generations could once again make this planet their home.

Sometimes, I can?t help but wonder what?s going on in your head. What did you think when you were given the order to invade our peaceful planet and burn whole villages to the ground? How did you rationalize a massacre of men, women, children and elderly? Did you tell yourself that your precious Colonel was only taking precautions, just making extra sure that we weren?t harboring any terrorists?

Let me tell you something General: we don?t deal in terrorists. Top of the line Universities fight to bring our teachers to their schools, and our healing techniques are widely sought after, even by the Jedi.

Did you tell yourself: I?m a good man stuck in a bad situation. But what can I do about it? Did you tell that to yourself when you try to fall asleep, to push away terrible images?

Then I call you a coward of the worst sort; a man who can?t face the reality or consequences of his actions. There is always a way, and if you?re worried about your job, I ask you to think of us.

You?re probably wondering why I?m writing this letter now, too you. And if you are, I commend you because it would be the smartest thought you?ve had yet. Even if you?re not wondering, I?m still going to tell you.

Genera

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can feel them with me now, their spirits surround me and offer comfort and support as I write this. I hope they are satisfied.

This is their story General. The story of men and women who took up the fight for freedom.

Long live the Alliance.

This is amazing! =D= Please PM me when you update.

3. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    this is great! can you add me to the PM list?

PHGS Weyr

4. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    VaderLVR64: This is amazing! applause Please PM me when you update.

[face_blush]Thank you! Certainly.

PHGS_Weyr: this is great! can you add me to the PM list?

Will do! I'm glad you like it.

...you wouldn't happen to be into Dragon Riders of Pern, would you? *points at username*

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hi ya Sporky!

Long time not seen!!!!! [:D] :D

Prologue

We were lovers once. Kind-hearted men and women who loved to do nothing more than trail kisses up and down our partner?s body, and whisper sweat nothings in their ear.

This sounds really good! ? :) *sighs* ;)
    Bad thing it is past :(

Long live the Alliance.

Hah!

Great start, Sporky
    It has a lot of emotions in it ? superb catch =D=
    Like the idea to write from the view of those unknown persons :D

- Mags

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Author's Note: If you like happily ever after, mushy, come from behind stories, then this is not the fic for you. Star Wars is full of those types of stories, but I'm here to tell the one where the little bantha couldn't. If you're intrigued, then I hope you stay with me. Updates wil be whenever I get the next vingette finished. This mini-series was indirectly heavily inspired by Les Miserables.

Sounds interesting :D

We were all those things once: lovers and parents, siblings, children and students with lifetimes ahead of us. But look at us now! Yes, you. I?m talking to you who?ve parked yourself just beyond these barricades. You think I can?t see you out there, staring at me with your beady little hate filled eyes? Because I can. I felt your eyes on us all the time, even through the walls of the barricade.

*Averts gaze with my beady little eyes* :p [face_blush]

Let me tell you something General: we don?t deal in terrorists. Top of the line Universities fight to bring our teachers to their schools, and our healing techniques are widely sought after, even by the Jedi.
    Did you tell yourself: I?m a good man stuck in a bad situation. But what can I do about it? Did you tell that to yourself when you try to fall asleep, to push away terrible images?
    Then I call you a coward of the worst sort; a man who can?t face the reality or consequences of his actions. There is always a way, and if you?re worried about your job, I ask you to think of us.
    You?re probably wondering why I?m writing this letter now, too you. And if you are, I commend you because it would be the smartest thought you?ve had yet. Even if you?re not wondering, I?m still going to tell you.
    General, I?m writing this letter because someone has to. Someone has to get our story out there, and if I don?t do it, then the opportunity will be lost. Everyone is gone, General. All my friends and family, and the men and women who occupied the barricades with me. All gone.
    I can feel them with me now, their spirits surround me and offer comfort and support as I write this. I hope they are satisfied.
    This is their story General. The story of men and women who took up the fight for freedom.
    Long live the Alliance.

Wow =D= This was really moving, Sporky. I assume this is LotF-era and not LEGACY-era, and the Colonel is everyone's favorite psycho Jacen Solo.

Such a great idea to see the people Jacen's regime has put in internment camps and get their point of view. Very original. I wish the canon books would give us a gimpse of stuff like this.

Can you PM me when you update?

Great post! :D

7. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Maggy: Long time not seen!!!!! hugs grin

[:D] Yah! Too long. But I've been having some computer problems, including not having internet access and then having my laptop stolen while my family and I were away for the weekend...

How're things with you?

This sounds really good! ? happy *sighs* wink
    Bad thing it is past sad

Uh-huh. That's the sad thing about writing a fic when the event already happened. You already know how it's going to turn out and there's nothing you can really do to stop it. Kind of the way I felt after reading Revenge of the Sith for the first time.

Great start, Sporky
    It has a lot of emotions in it ? superb catch applause
    Like the idea to write from the view of those unknown persons grin

Thanks much!

Wes: *Averts gaze with my beady little eyes* tongue blush

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Wow applause This was really moving, Sporky. I assume this is LotF-era and not LEGACY-era, and the Colonel is everyone's favorite psycho Jacen Solo.

Such a great idea to see the people Jacen's regime has put in internment camps and get their point of view. Very original. I wish the canon books would give us a gimpse of stuff like this.

Can you PM me when you update?

Great post! grin

Yup! Since I don't really read the comics (though I really should), the only Legacy era I write in the the bookverse.

He really is everyone's favorite psycho, isn't he? :p

So do I. Sometimes I just get tired of fluff filled stories, but my need for horror and gore goes unfulfilled. Partly because I'm too chicken to read any hard core Stephen King type stuff...

Sure thing!

Author's Note: Okay folks, here's the next installment. You should just know that I had every intention of putting something else here as the first real post, but when I finally got around to putting pen to paper, Needa's story just came flowing out.

PMs will follow in the morning.

Edit: PMs sent!

Enjoy!

And the Twain Shall Meet

I had to put my stylus down after I wrote that preamble, and take a slow walk around the barricades to clear my head. There were so many stories clamoring to get out onto the flimsy, General, and I just didn?t know which of them to choose. All of the ones swirling around in my head were appropriate for this project, yet I only had space and time for just a few of them. This is where the ghost spirits came in handy. They floated around me on that walk, guiding me and whispering in my ears. They told me all about themselves ? about their pasts, and their hopes and dreams. In those few hours I learned more about those people, even some I had never spoken a word to in the barricades, than anyone could in a lifetime. Never in my life had I felt such overwhelming support.

You?re probably thinking that I need to be locked up in a mental institution, instead of executed. But I?m telling you that the ghosts were there. I could see them clearly as I could see this flimsy now.

Even the Jedi have some concept of ghosts.

Yes, the Jedi.

You can deny it all you want General, but it is a well known and documented fact that you Colonel was one of them. Is one of them. And he still believes in the Force.

Yet, I almost wished that those ghosts hadn?t been there. A half-fulfilled desire is far worse than one not fulfilled at all.

Among the ghosts, there was a Twi?lek woman-child who?d lost her parents during the Yuuzhan Vong war, and then lost her guardian during the Killik crisis. She came to our planet to be in the care of her guardian?s grandparent while her guardian was away at war, and she never left. After hearing an elderly man?s tale of woe and sorrow she burst into hysterical tears and disappeared for a good while. I felt her pain so acutely that I wanted to do nothing more than hug her real tight, like I did with my own daughter one night after she woke up screaming from a nightmare.

But I couldn?t.

And that hurt.

Needless to say she came back after a few hours

8. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    That was so heart wrenching!

Really good job!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

9. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    PHGS_Weyr: That was so heart wrenching!

Really good job!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

You're welcome! Thanks for reading.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Needa nodded, then ran inside.

?What is it?? she asked, slightly out of breath. But her face fell when she saw the expression on the older woman?s face.

Wordlessly, she took the letter and began to read.

To whom it may concern:

We regret to inform you of the passing of Karos Soprin?

Needa didn?t have the strength to fight off the comforting arms that surrounded her

:_| So sad! But wonderfully written! =D=

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late [face_blush]

This is where the ghost spirits came in handy. They floated around me on that walk, guiding me and whispering in my ears. They told me all about themselves ? about their pasts, and their hopes and dreams. In those few hours I learned more about those people, even some I had never spoken a word to in the barricades, than anyone could in a lifetime.

I really like this idea and you described it very well.

Among the ghosts, there was a Twi?lek woman-child who?d lost her parents during the Yuuzhan Vong war, and then lost her guardian during the Killik crisis. She came to our planet to be in the care of her guardian?s grandparent while her guardian was away at war, and she never left. After hearing an elderly man?s tale of woe and sorrow she burst into hysterical tears and disappeared for a good while. I felt her pain so acutely that I wanted to do nothing more than hug her real tight, like I did with my own daughter one night after she woke up screaming from a nightmare.

:_|

But they couldn?t keep all of the bad men away. One of them was able to grab her but this time Mama couldn?t do anything. She saw something hit Papa and he fell down and didn?t get up again. Needa started crying but the bad man put a hand over her mouth.
    ?You?ll make someone a pretty gift one day,? the man told her. His voice was rough and hard like Papa?s when he was angry and she wanted to close her ears. ?I?d hate to have to do something that would ruin the merchandise. Keep quiet, you little brat, and I won?t hurt you.?

Creepy [face_worried]

You certainly know how to make us fear for the safety of a character.

?I might not be your Mama or Papa, but would you like me to be? You could live with me when we get off this ship.?
    Needa nodded again, and cried for the last time.

I hope this works out [face_praying]

Neither of them could realize that he would never have the chance to fulfill his promise.

:(

Wordlessly, she took the letter and began to read.
    To whom it may concern:
    We regret to inform you of the passing of Karos Soprin?
    Needa didn?t have the strength to fight off the comforting arms that surrounded her.
    I don't know where Needa Soprin's soul rests now, but I hope it has found refuge in that great castle in the clouds among her family.

:_|

That was really sad :( Poor Needa has been through so much at a young age.

Great post, spork. Can't wait to see the rest of Needa's story, though I don't think it's going to end well [face_worried] Post more soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.