Indi, IN ...And then Harry Potter and all of his friends burned in hell!! Yeah!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by The_bald_ewok, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_bald_ewok Jedi Knight

star 1
    Man...I hate Harry Potter...
    I hate that its number 2 on the list...
    I hate that its still making a killing again at the box office...
  2. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Harry can go, but I like his friends
  3. DroidboyB9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You Star Wars freaks really need to get a life.

Gregg
  4. Periidot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Those Potter flicks give me the heebie jeebies. (shudder)
  5. NyghtFyre Jedi Master

star 4
    The movie is definately not a little kids one...there are a lot of "scary" moments in it. I would recommend that parents with younger kids go watch the movie first and decide if they want to take their youngsters to it. (Heck- I was hiding my face behind my scarf for some of it! :p)
  6. Beldar Jedi Knight

Really, it IS!

The movie was really good, and stayed close to the book like the first one (and with no need to go over backstory and explanations of the wizarding world, more room here for things to actually happen).
    HOWEVER, some scenes may be distressing to small children, and arachniphobes of all ages. The giant spiders don't look fake.

But Harry in hell? That's not supposed to happen until book 7, isn't it? ;)
  7. DarthAcroyear Jedi Master

star 1
    I have never seen the first one and have even less interest in seeing this one. I would rather save the money and go see The Two Towers a few times instead.
  8. Jedi_Gepper Jedi Master

star 3
    It's a good film, I thought, though it seemed a bit long. What I want more than anything (besides the fifth book) is to get to the fourth book as a movie. However, if they even try doing that one as PG, well, I'll be more than a bit vexed.
  9. Shadow-Knight Jedi Knight

I know that it won't be for a few years, but I think the planning should start now...I am going to invade the next Potter pic in full costume, hopefully with a helpful contigent of Stormtroopers and show these measely Wizards a Jedi smackdown! Who's with me??
  10. Noval Jedi Knight

star 2
    If anyone watched the episode of South Park last Wednesday when the boys were playing LOTR, Cartman summed up the Harry Potter lovers in one word...

It's probably not appropriate to post so you'll just have to watch the episode. Suffice to say Cartman is NOT a fan of Harry and his buddies.

Noval
  11. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that Cartman quote is reflecting exactly what I think of Harry Potter! :D
  12. The_bald_ewok Jedi Knight

star 1
    Come on everyone lets pull for Die another day to beat out that miserable puke of movie Harry Potter
  13. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    Yeah, But when does Nemisis open?
  14. Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Knight

star 3
    :eek: :eek: You mentioned a Star Trak movie on the Forums. I'm tellin'
  15. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Somebody get the tar & feathers!
  16. Noval Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah and he still can't spell! :p

17. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    Yeah well huked on foniks werks onlee sumtimz.

And I prefer goose feathers for that soft feel.

I know I have a probelm. I have sought counciling but to no avail. I must live with this disease until paramount runs out of ideas, should be about next week.

Thanks for your support
  18. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I've got a cure for your Trek infection:

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/fan-art/banhammer.jpg]
  19. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Star TrEk opens Dec. 6th.
    And as I believe in respectful diversity, I am not ashamed to admit I like Trek.
    I still wish Harry would die. However, the best part of the movie will be the General!
  20. DroidboyB9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have you guys ever thought of intense therapy? I mean really. Does the fact that a SW movie makes more money than a HP make it a better movie.....NOOOO!

It seems ya'll suffer from Potter envy. Let's face it. Who would win for best writer.....GL or JKR.....JKR hands down.

Best director....GL or Chris Columbus. Chris Columbus hands down.

This whole trend is so discouraging. It's frustrating to see this whole beat the box office thing. Personally....I think GL has more money than he knows what to do with, and while I like the movies...I am not out to make his wallet fatter. I get nothing out of it...and it sure doesnt make it a better movie because it made more money.

By this logic Titanic, while a good movie, would be the best movie ever made...and quite possibly ever to be made. If that were the case I sell my tv, never see a movie again and shoot myself in the forehead hoping at very least to cause permenant brain dammage.

Therapy people....therapy.

Gregg

21. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gregg, you ignorant slut.*

Of course rabid Star Wars fans hate Harry Potter. They hate Spider-man, they hate Titanic, they hate all things NOT Star Wars. Therapy won't do any good for these people. It is the way they are, and we should accept them as such.

Why did Titanic do so well? Everyone knew the outcome, there were no surprises. It is because of the human factor in the greater disaster. It is all about the HUMAN STORY. That is all it ever will be about. Any movie without the human experience will not win popular appeal. Look at Episode I. Lots of pretty stuff to see, but little substance regarding characters. Episode II, we begin to get a taste of Anakin's flawed human self, of which he himself can not conceive. He is rushing headlong into failure, blinded by his own ambition to be the greatest Jedi ever, NOW, not in time with experience. Episode III will ( I dearly hope ) open his soul to us, make us feel like we understand his motivations for ignoring everything he's ever been raised to believe, destroy those he loves, and make his transformation from human Anakin to machine Vader. I want to see and feel the angst that causes this. I want to see Sidious' machinations towards the foundation of the empire. I want to see and feel the hopelessness of the "good guys". I want to see the dark film George Lucas promises us.

But before that, I'm going to see a couple Harry Potter movies, and Star TRAK!

(steps out of pulpit)

*tip o' the hat to Saturday Night Live

22. Noval Jedi Knight

star 2
    I liked Spider-Man. [face_plain]

Noval
  23. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    Ummmm, what's this Titantic that everyone is talking about?

Oh for the love of pete I hated ET for the longest time because it out grossed SW, but that was then.

You have to love the finale music of ET, mayt possibly be the best piece of music williams has done (ducks and watches for steaming tar)

I like HP, I like LOTR (though I haven't seen the 16 hr super extened deluxe ultra collectors DVD version yet) I like Tron, I like TREK (ducks again) I like Starship Troopers for heaven's sake.

Coming soon the ultimate sci-fi crossover movie Nightmare on Tatooine:Freddy vs. Darth Vader
  24. RavingMad Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is not wise judge an individual episode by itself. Hasty hasty.
  25. The_bald_ewok Jedi Knight

star 1
    I still hate harry potter

and its not because I am a SW fan

Afterall, I dont like NBA, but not because I am a SW fan. I just dont get HP, like I dont get Star Trek. Its all JUNK!!

By the way Star Wars rulez!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.