main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL And then Real Life bites you in the a$$...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Annya_Latoure2, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    As I stated in an earlier post, my younger brother had a motorcycle accident on Thursday 5/20. He took a turn on a LOL road a little too fast and lost control of the bike, landing him in the grass VERY hard.

He is 44 years old, had a by the job employment, but has no insurance, no regular place to live, and only family,(with very limited resources and other health issues) to deal with, and a 9 year old daughter, that he must pay child support for, who lives with his ex.

Michael, separated his pelvis, tore all the ligaments that hold the pelvis together and had some internal bleeding, which they hope is stabilized. He did NOT break his back, neck or suffer any head injuries or any skin abrasions to speak of, or as far as they can tell, do any major damage to any internal organs. The MD's are waiting until Tues or Wed to do repair surgery on his pelvis and ligaments to be sure that internally he is completely stable. He is recieving pain medication through a pump that he can activate on his own, but it really only dulls the pain and knocks him out for brief periods of time.

Of course his motorcycle was impounded by the FHP and we have to follow up on those issues on Monday. My name is on the title as owner. Ohh boy!!

He is resting somewhat uncomfortably, in traction, at UCH on Fletcher & Bruce B Downs. The MD's will make a determination early in the week whether they can do his surgery there or to transport him to TGH where they also have a very fine rehab center. I am kind of torn on my feelings about that because TGH is such a difficult drive to go visit him.

He will unfortunately be at the mercy of the State and donations to pay for his care and rehabilitation. Our family is still currently dealing with my mother's long bout with pnuemonia and a serious bactrial infection. My sister and I are just about worn out from juggling our own responsibilites and the added demands of helping out our family. Of course we both are financially incapable of dealing with any of the upcoming expenses my brother will incur and over the years we have not been as close as we should be. Conflicts have arrisen many times.

Anyway, long story short and cut to the chase, we will be asking for prayers and any other assistance out there to help with the 3rd trauma this year in my family... The "FORCE" is really testing us and we just pray for the stamina and means to deal with these situations. Oh by the way, if anyone sees that SITH Murphy...I want to tear him up because he has been wreaking havoc in my world far too long.

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    :_|:_|

[face_praying]

~Neszis~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.