main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC And then the murders began

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Mar 3, 2017.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Mr. & Mrs. Brown first met Paddington on a railway platform. And then the murders began.

It was love at first sight. And then the murders began.

I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o'er vales & hills, when all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils. And then the murders began.

Honestly, this is obviously the best:

That somehow makes that incredibly funny opening line so much funnier and also somehow makes it incredibly creepy.

But what's so great is how much I now want to read some of these books. Horton discovers that the whispering voices he hears may hold the key to a series of brutal murders? Somebody write this book.

ophelia and Sarge like this.
  2. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I like to imagine that the moocow is the murderer.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The river was wine beneath our wings -- dark royal June Wisconsin wine. And then the murders began.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast. And then the murders began.

The problem lay buried, unspoken, for many years in the minds of American women. And then the murders began.

Sarge and Ghost like this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. And then the murders began.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sherlock Holmes took his bottle from the corner of the mantle-piece, and his hypodermic syringe from its neat morocco case. And then the murders began.