main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    :) heh heh. Undertestimate the darkside? Nahhhh, Just fought it a lot.:-D

2. Dallas_Valla

Dallas_Valla Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2003
    What? Dark Side? Homework? GAH!!

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Yes, evil homework! ;)

4. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Homework is of the decil. Decil? How about Deval? Oh...nevermind. I have to many repots to do. GAH!!!

5. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    UP!!

I can't wait until Spring break.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Surprised to have found a lurker are you. :) :p

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Dude! You caught up fast! ;) Or are you caught up? What did ya think? :) :D

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Impressive. When's the next part?

Edit 1: i'm planning a far past story too. perhaps you could help me out with a problem i have with it?

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  10. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    *bumptdy, bumptdy, bump, bump,bump*

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey JS. Just wanted you to know, I've recommended this story to a friend who asked after stories about the beginning of the Jedi and the foundation of the Galactic Republic. I hope he has the chance to read this soon!

Good work: keep it up!

*Derisa*

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    That's awesome Derisa! Thank you so much! [face_blush] :D Have you been reading too? [face_mischief] ;)

13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Next post some time soon! :)

14. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi Jade, another new reader.

Nope, I've not been a lurker, as I only found your fic last week, so I've been playing catch-up.

I love the names of your characters Sireth/Sith, Jeredi/Jedi and his surname Corascant (no, I can't spell ;)) - I take it that the planet P3 is going to become Corascant in the future ?[face_plain].

Kalisha and Jeredi are so determined to suceed in their respective training - I love the contrast in the methods of training between the light and dark.

Deffinitely hope that bully Brock gets his comupance [face_devil]

15. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    YES!!! New reader! :D We are so happy to see you here, Tanith. I am very glad that you are enjoying it. Here's the next part for you guys. Now, in light of the previous comments from the last post, I decided to do something a little special. Let's if you guys can pick it out. ;) And if you do catch on to it, I hope you guys like it. Okay, here we go . . .

?Your training is progressing well, Jeredi,? the Force praised after Jeredi once again completed his course with perfection. ?With each passing hour, your bond with me strengthens.?

Jeredi smiled after hearing the Force?s admiration, and he could not help but feel proud of himself for his accomplishment. ?Shall I run it again??

She shook her head. ?No, it is not necessary. Your trust in me is complete.?

?Well then, what comes next?? he asked, the curiosity in him rising.

No sooner than Jeredi could blink, he no longer found himself in the construction site that had been his obstacle course, but in a simple square room with a padded floor. While stunned at the sudden and unexpected change, he asked, ?What?s all this for??

As if to reply, two sabers appeared suspended in the air between them. Jeredi eyed them inquisitively, then smiled. ?Oh.?

?Yes, Jeredi,? the Force replied sounding sure of herself. ?You?re ready. Take your saber.?

In one swift motion, Jeredi snatch the saber from the air, looking upon it with excitement. ?What do we do first?? he inquired anxiously.

The Force let out a low sigh. ?Do not be too eager, Jeredi. There is no need to rush things; we have plenty of time.?

Jeredi spread out his arms. ?I?m just showing enthusiasm,? he argued.

The image of Kalisha took on a more warning tone. ?Jeredi!?

He still wanted to argue with her, even more, he wanted to stop wasting time and get on with the training. That was when he realized his error. The Force had been right. He was being too eager. What he could not understand was why that was an emotion he had to hold back.

?You must learn patience,? she answered his thinking. ?If you are to be taught in my ways, you must learn to approach any and every situation with calm. Now, clear you mind.?

Jeredi sighed, but did as he was instructed, closing his eyes and concentrating. ?One step at a time, Jeredi,? the Force spoke up more kindly.

Letting out a deep breath, Jeredi opened his eyes again. ?Alright,? he said, more composed this time. ?I?m ready.?

The Force smiled. ?Yes. I know you are.? And with that, she began to lead him in the basic steps.

Kalisha?s training was quickly advancing as she pushed herself more and more. Many nights, she went to sleep with sore muscles, only to awake the next morning feeling stiff. But now, her body had grown accustomed to the level of work it was being put through, and she awoke more refreshed than ever, eager to start the next day. She concluded that even though Kragen had interfered with her training, he had been right about one thing. With traitors amongst them, no one could afford to slack off, especially a Tomaj Lai. Sireth would be the traitors? main target, and a Tomaj Lai was expected to take any means necessary to assure his safety.

Her training in saber dueling was reaching its peak. Her attacks and footwork were becoming less clumsy and more of an art form. Even now as Ruth pushed her with every challenge, Kalisha met it, and pushed back. Sireth had come to watch them duel and evaluate the level that Kalisha was now at.

Ruth attacked with all the force she could muster, forcing Kalisha back. Kalisha parried her moves easily, eventually gaining the upper hand and throwing her opponent into defense. It continued on like this for several minutes, each gaining the advantage over the other and then losing it. Ruth was quickly getting bored and decided that it was time to end it. She swung at Kalisha hard, knocking the saber from her hand. Her fist started to come around ready to make contact with Kalisha?s face, but it only hit air as Kalisha anticipated

16. StevioM

StevioM Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2003
    Well done, another fantastic post. Cant wait until the action starts to heat up a bit. I'm eager for the next bit (then again, I always am!!)

17. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Good post.

18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    :) :D :cool:
    Very good post. I think I noticed that one thing, which was rather satisfying even if it does show Kalisha's becoming a bit vicious herself. The parts with Jeredi were cool as well. Interesting to hear the viewpoint of the Force itself on 'attachment,' seems to be sort of an example of how things can become muddled over a long period of time. I hope I'm not double posting. 8-} [face_blush]

19. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    ?You have to choose which of the two paths you are going to walk. The choices you make are the only times I cannot interfere, but once the choice is made, look to me for guidance. I will always be with you if you but reach for me.?

That was a truely beautiful line! :D Great post!

20. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    That was a wonderful post. It was well worth the wait. :)

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Stevio: Thanx for reading. :) I sure hope I'll be able to push through all the technical stuff soon, cause it is going to heat up a bit. :D

Jauhzmynn: Thank you.

Kahara: Thank you! You caught onto exactly all the things I wanted to show in that post. :D

Riv: Thanx! :D

jacen200015: Thank you for reading. :)

22. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi Jade,

Another fantastic post - the siblings training is coming along well. I like the contrast in the teaching styles between the force and Sireth, punishment-reward, pain-relief, total polar opposites.

Please, please Kalisha, don't fall in love with Sireth junior - I don't think senior would like it, and would cause so many problems for the future when your brother starts the rebellion :(.

23. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx Tanith! And as far as the relationship between Kalisha and Sireth the Younger go, I think everyone's going to find that quite interesting. :D

24. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    YAY!!

*jumps into the air*

Thanks for the PM. The Force sounds a lot like a mother. She's no nursemaid either.

WHEE!! I love this story.

25. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you Dallas! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.