main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good Jade. Can't wait to read more even if I have already read more of it. So you will have to post fast and write more so I can read more. Stop reading this over my shoulder its not nice and you know what I am writing before I post it. You shouldn't know what I am writing. So stop. *waves hand in front of face like some type of Jedi* You will write more. I will be done soon. I will be done soon. I will be done soon. I will be done soon. Okay I will post now to make you happy.

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay guys, I just want to clarify something for you. Borme has been at my house visiting all throughout spring break this week, so I was reading her reply over her shoulder as she typed it. Just in case you guys were wondering. ;)

3. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    No I really have just lost my mind and Jade is trying to cover up for me being crazy tonight, to much suger today and not useing it. I really just think that Jade is reading over my shoulder.

4. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    You know, Borme, about the whole losing your mind part, I may just believe you. ;)

5. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    If you didn't I would think that something is wrong with you, oh wait there is what was I thinking, But you are right to believe me. *waves hand in front of Jade* Borme is always right. :)

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Mind tricks don't work on me, loser!

7. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    I am aren't I but so are you. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    I think we need a life.

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I think you do too, Bormster ;)

9. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Ok I have been stilent until now. but i think that i need to step in now. things are getting out of hand and i think that BOTH of you need to get a life. Borme I know that you are crazy and Jade you are equally bad, but none of you will beat NOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Who just finished a bowl of ice cream at midnight hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha
    hahahahahahahahahahah)

10. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh yeah, she's visiting too. ;) Okay, we'll stop . . . for now!

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, now I think I know what's happening and it's all good. Hopefully, my good luck at guessing the names will follow on, in relation to the storyline ;)

Am [face_love]

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    That night, Jeredi could tell that they were having one of those occasional temperature drops that his sister had been talking about. Kalisha shivered uncontrollably in his arms. Their breaths came out as a white mist, and neither of them could sleep. His sister?s shivering came to be too much for Jeredi to bear any longer. He hated the Sireth Followers for making her go through this. They were the ones in control of their lives. They made all the slaves live this life. The question was why?

Jeredi tore off the thin blanket that covered him and tenderly laid it across Kalisha so that she had both blankets. Then he brought her close to him again, praying that the extra blanket would do her some good.

?What about you?? she asked in a faint, trembling voice.

?Don?t worry about me,? he whispered back. ?I still have my jacket on.?

Kalisha had hers on as well, being too cold to take it off when they first went to bed. Attempting once again to fall asleep, she closed her eyes, and thought about the hot days of work. Only a moment later, her eyes flew open, wide with pain.

?Jeredi,? she said to get her brother?s attention. Before he could answer, she said his name again, only louder as pain coursed up and down her back. Her body arched backwards as the pain increased.

?Jeredi!? she shouted his name the third time.

Jeredi wrapped his strong arms around his sister?s shoulders, holding her close, and keeping her from arching her body any further. He spoke her name over and over again, trying to calm her down. He wished, almost pleaded that he could take the pain away, but it was something they had been living with for a year now, and probably for the rest of their lives. Ever since the accident where the woman was injured and later killed by the doctors. Ever since she had been flogged for trying to kill them. It struck pain in his heart to see her like this, and wished that it were him instead of her.

She struggled in his arms, but he kept a firm grip on her. As the pain intensified, Kalisha pounded the heels of her boots on the metal flooring of their hut, and her fingernails clawed at Jeredi?s lower arms. He knew that she wasn?t doing this to purposefully hurt him. They were natural reactions to her pain.

It wasn?t until her grip on his arms began to lessen that he knew the pain was beginning to recede. The pounding of her boots became slower until it eventually ceased, and she began to settle down, breathing heavily. Kalisha rested her head up against her brother?s right shoulder. She kept her eyes lightly shut, and when she spoke, it sounded weak.

?Jeredi??

Jeredi had to push back his own tears when he heard her speak. ?What??

Tears had already welled up in her eyes, and she found it hard to speak as she cried. ?I don?t wanna live like this anymore. Will it always be this way??

Jeredi took a moment to think about his words. It was hard for him to see any hope, and he didn?t want to get his sister?s hopes up when he himself feared that they would die as slaves. He wanted nothing more than to take his sister away from this life, but he knew he couldn?t.

?I wish I could say no, Kalisha,? he began, his voice full of sorrow. ?But I can?t imagine how we could ever get out of this.?

Any hopes that Kalisha might have had, died at that moment. She squeezed her eyes shut tighter, and Jeredi?s shoulder was quickly becoming very damp with her tears. ?I?m sorry, Kalisha, I?m sorry,? was all he could think up to say.

?Mama and Papa never should have had kids,? Kalisha spit out.

?Don?t say that,? said Jeredi, raising his voice in anger.

Kalisha met his tone. ?And why not??

?Because I particularly don?t like to think of myself as worthless, and quite frankly, my life wouldn?t be worth much without you.?

?Oh my gosh,? Kalisha replied scornfully.

?What??

?Man, you?re one to talk. You should listen to yourself.?

?What??

?You?re the one who?s always talking about being able to use this power that the Sireth Followers use, but you don

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Nice,very nice. Seems as though he'll have to choose soon, otherwise she will make him choose. Hehehe... :D

Am [face_love]

15. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  16. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I know that more people read this story than that. ;)

18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    The horn blew, announcing the mid day break. Jeredi and Kalisha disconnected the safety lines to their harnesses and headed for the turbo lift that would take them to the bottom levels. Connor was already waiting for them.

?Last beams coming in today, right?? he said, starting off a light conversation.
    ?That?s right,? Jeredi said, as they all pushed themselves into the already crowded turbo lift.

Knowing that his conversation with Jeredi wasn?t really taking off anywhere, he sat down on the floor of the turbo lift and motioned Kalisha to do the same. When she did, he looked on her with concern.

?Jeredi told me about last night,? he started.

Kalisha sighed. Connor was much like a second brother she never had. He worried about her and loved her nearly as much as Jeredi did. It was a shame they lived in different hut villages. His presence always uplifted her.

She looked down at her twiddling thumbs in her lap, and her face became sad. ?I don?t know what?s wrong with me. Jeredi and I used to think that my back pains were just in my head since my punishment damaged more than just my back, but it?s been a year, Connor.?

Connor placed a hand on her shoulder and gently massaged it. ?Don?t worry, Kalisha. Things will be better for us one day.?

Kalisha looked up at her older brother who had his back slightly turned to them. ?Jeredi doesn?t think so.?

Connor nodded thoughtfully. ?Well, Jeredi has got a lot of things he needs to worry about, mainly being you.?

Kalisha didn?t know how to answer to that, so she decided not to say anything at all. The rest of the trip to the bottom level was done in silence. As soon as the turbo lift opened, all the slaves piled out and got in line to receive their nutrition roll. It took them forty-five minutes to finally get back up to their level, their rolls already eaten, and fifteen minutes left in the break. They rested on a part of the skeletal structure of the building that already had sheathing laid out. By this time, the conversation had picked up again with a small game the three of them played since they were kids.

?I?ll have a three-story mansion,? Connor began. ?A nice green lawn, and a large blue lake.?

Kalisha shook her head. She stood in between each of the two young men who were both sitting cross-legged. Jeredi didn?t seem to have much interest in the game, as if he was in deep thought about something else.

?Connor, you always have a lake,? she replied.

Connor merely shrugged. ?Hey, my parents used to talk about them to me all the time, and one day, I?m gonna see one.?

?And what are you going with a three story mansion??

Connor stretched out his legs and leaned back on his shoulders. ?Anything as long as I don?t have to build it.?

With a smile, Kalisha went to go squat in front of Jeredi. ?What about you, Jeredi? It?s your turn. If you were free, what would you want??

Jeredi gave a heavy sigh, and looked off to the side sadly. ?I don?t want to play this game anymore.?

Kalisha frowned at that. ?You haven?t played for over two months. Is there something bothering you, Jeredi? You?ve seemed kind of out of it today.?

Jeredi grimaced and shook his head. ?I?m okay, I just have this weird feeling.?

?What kind of feeling??

He looked straight into his sister?s eyes. ?Like someone?s watching us.?

Kalisha shook her head. ?I wouldn?t worry about that Jeredi. We?re always being watched by someone.?

Connor chuckled. ?Yeah, boy ain?t that the truth??

Kalisha smiled and looked past Jeredi at the other young man. ?Are they keeping their eye on you, Connor? Have you been a bad boy again??

Connor put a hand over his chest, and tried to look innocent. ?Who me? I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

Jeredi smiled. ?Yeah right,? he said. He looked back at Kalisha. His smile was still present as he brushed a lock of hair away from her eyes, and cupped his hand on her cheek. No words were spoken between the two, nor did there need to be. He was amazed at what a beautiful you

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Awesome post! I can see why they had to create that little game. Imagine locking them up their whole lives and treating them a slaves. I can tell the next post will be good

Am [face_love]

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Boy, you never miss a post, do you Am? ;)

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm the brightest cookie in the cookie jar now ;)

Am [face_love]

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
  24. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
  25. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Jeredi and Kalisha stood opposite of each other on different horizontal steel girders of the skeletal structure of the building. The crane was lowering down one of the last beams. They stood leaning against vertical columns in which the horizontal beams were connected to, waiting to help place the descending beam in its place.

Jeredi couldn?t tell what happened next; everything happened so fast. All he knew was that suddenly the beam was coming down at such a high velocity that he was barley able dive away on time. When he landed stomach down along the steel girder, away from the accident, he gripped the sides of the beam hard as they shook from the crashing beam.

When the line snapped, and the beam came down, Kalisha had been forced to do the same as her brother, but something else was wrong. The line that was connected to her harness felt too loose. Glancing back at it, she realized that the line was somehow cut. The violent vibrations from the beam gradually moved her body closer to the edge, and with all her strength, she willed herself to stay where she was.

Finally after a matter of seconds that somehow seemed longer, the vibrations ceased, and Jeredi pushed himself up onto his feet. Gazing across to the steel girder where his sister had been, he found that she had not yet brought herself to her feet, and was still clutching to the beam tightly.

?Kalisha,? he called.

She turned her head to him and called back. ?I?m alright, but my line?s been cut somehow.?

Jeredi glanced and found that she was right. It didn?t make any sense; none of this did. He looked back at the crane and found that the line holding the beam had snapped. It was very peculiar. They had never had a problem like that before. Those lines were meant to be strong specifically for that reason. Then to add to all the strangeness, somehow Kalisha?s rope had been cut.

Jeredi turned back to his sister where he found that she was now standing. He began to unbuckle his harness. ?Kalisha, don?t move,? he called. ?I?m gonna toss you my line.?

Kalisha nodded. ?Okay.?

Normally, Kalisha wouldn?t be so agreeing with Jeredi on something like that, but she was too shaken to argue. Jeredi launched his harness into the air, but before it could reach her, Kalisha suddenly felt a push, as if an actual living being was standing on front of her; assaulting her.

Her body began to tip backwards, and she could feel herself losing her balance. She instinctively reached out for the harness, but the harsh reality flew over her when she realized that the line wouldn?t be there in time to save her.

Kalisha squeezed her eyes shut and prepared for the inevitable. Time almost seemed to slow for her. She could hear Jeredi shouting out her name in horror, and she felt certain that this was the end.

Naturally, Kalisha felt relief when she suddenly felt the harness entangle with her fingers. She thrashed her fingers through it and gripped hard. The line was short and was quickly becoming taut. Her feet were just barley over the edge as the rope caused her to swing upside down. Her left leg became pinned under the line at the side of the steel girder. Her foot never made it completely off, and also got caught underneath the line, bending her ankle at a very painful angle. She knew she had heard as well as felt something crack.

Pain soared through her leg. Half of her screamed at her to let go of the harness, and relieve herself of the pain, but the other half knew that if she let go, her life would be over.

Jeredi?s bones were frozen solid. In a matter of seconds, he had watched his sister cheat death, and the whole time, he could not move. Her endless screams brought him back to reality, and he rushed to help her. He moved swiftly along the horizontal steel girder, but didn?t get very far when he felt someone from behind push him down. His body flew forward, and again he had to grip the sides of the beam. Frantically, he tried to rush to his feet again, but something pressed against his back, refusing to let hi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.