main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The suspense is building. Very nice.

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Oops, almost missed this one. Now, I'm not a bright cookie. A lovely chunk of action there, Jade.

Am [face_love]

5. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
  6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Sireth hadn?t seen the other boy coming. From the angle he had been standing at, he didn?t realize someone else was there until he already had the girl by the arm. Once the boy pulled her up, he had been tempted to give the both of them another little push, but decided against it. He had already seen what he had come here to see. Now, as he let up the other boy, both he and his Tomaj Lai began to leave the construction site. Just before leaving, Sireth turned back to gaze at the girl, and found that she wasn?t there.

He spotted her and the other two boys hustling out of the turbo lift wishing to leave the compound, probably. He came closer to eavesdrop on the conversation taking place between them and the guards.

?My sister needs medical attention,? said one of the boys, who was supporting the girl so she could walk.

?No slaves are to leave during working hours!? one of the guards bellowed. ?Now get back where you belong.?

Sireth could feel the hatred rising within the boy, but it was quickly covered up. None of this was necessary. The girl had already proven her capabilities, and she earned a rest. He stepped out into the light just barely enough for the guard to see. The guard noticed him immediately. Sireth nodded.

The guard turned back to the slaves, nodding his head. ?Alright, she can go.?

The boy started to help his sister out of the construction site, but the guard slammed his hand on his shoulder. ?Not you,? he growled. ?Only the girl.?

?I?m not leaving my sister with the likes of you, or any guard.?

?Jeredi,? the girl spoke up. ?It?s okay, I?ll be fine.?

Jeredi. Sireth planted the name in his memory. The boy was still uneasy about letting his sister go.

?Are you sure, Kalisha?? he asked.

?Yes,? the girl confirmed, and started to hop away, receiving help from a guard. She turned back to Jeredi. ?See you soon.?

The boy nodded. Sireth turned away to leave, keeping to himself, and disappearing into the shadows.
    Kalisha.

As the doctor finished bandaging up her ankle, Kalisha couldn't help but think, Why him? The doctor assigned to repair her ankle was the same doctor she had attacked after the accident a year ago. The incident she had been whipped for. He had been the one who shot the woman and killed her.

?There we are,? the doctor said, taking the end of the bandage and tugging it, hard, making her ankle jolt. By this action, he pretended to tighten the bandages, but purposely causing her more pain. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to take the agony of her wounded ankle. The doctor seemed to see it as humorous. Kalisha ignored it though. She would not allow her anger to get the better of her again.

?Thank you, Doctor,? she said through clenched teeth. ?Your service is always,? she paused not wanting to give the piece of dung heap a compliment, ?appreciated.?

The doctor only sneered as he moved away and allowed Kalisha to hop down off the bed. Instantly she felt a small sting of pain as her left foot hit the floor. ?How long before I can walk on it again?? But the sound she heard was not the response she had been expecting. The door made a clicking noise as it swung shut. She turned to see the doctor locking it.

His back still facing her, she hobbled over to him. ?What are you doing?? she demanded.

Suddenly the doctor spun around on one foot and backhanded Kalisha in the face. The force of the strike was so powerful, she fell to the floor.

?Don't speak,? he bellowed. ?Just do as I say, slave!? He grabbed a fist full of her shirt, and threw the upper part of her body on the bed, backside down. He pressed his body against hers and brought his face close. ?I have waited a year for an opportunity like this. You know, when they dragged you away to be whipped I felt considerably satisfied, but I wanted more than that. I not only wanted to watch you suffer; I wanted to watch you suffer at my hand. That privilege was denied me.?

He pulled her off the bed and slammed her back against

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  8. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Ooooo I hate that Sireth! He's just horrible! I can definitely see where the Sith get it from!

This is certainly interesting. I never even thought to wonder how the Jedi/Sith orders began. Keep it up Jade!

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you padawan feline, it's always nice to get new readers. :D I'm glad you like it. :)

10. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, Sireth is creepy. Looking good.

11. Jedi-Kiara

Jedi-Kiara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    (BTW-I've changed my screen name. I got sick of the old one. I used to be padawan feline. But yeah...anyways.)

Why hast thou not postethed another post young lady?! Hmmmmmm?!

12. Jedi-Kiara

Jun 3, 2002
    Ahem. I am growing impatient! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I beg of you! :D

13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh no, this is too much fun. ;) I'll have more tomorrow, same with "A Dangerous Obsession". :D

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Lanx Tade had been tense constantly since Lord Sireth?s arrival. The reason for his presence was still unknown, and it agitated him. Sireth kept order among his followers by striking fear in them. Nobody could tell what he was going to do next. The man was unpredictable.

Tade had been in his service since he was sixteen years old. He came from an aristocratic family of which there were many on the three planets that made their system. There were many families who did not want anything to do with the Sireth Followers, and were wealthy enough to stay out of slavery. Many times these families would have sympathy for the slaves and help them by bringing them food at the very least. Several families had been caught helping the slaves escape and disguising them in fancy clothing. As per the agreement with the Sireth Followers, aristocrats could buy their freedom, but any kind of aiding to the slaves was forbidden and the penalty was either death or slavery.

Tade was from one such family, but instead of throwing him into slavery, Sireth found it amusing to make him one of his Followers. Tade always assumed that it was because of his age, or because he really didn?t have anything to do with his parents? interference with the slaves.

Now he stood in the video observation room doing his routine checks to make sure everyone was doing their job.

?Commander Tade!? Sireth?s voice suddenly bellowed.

Tade turned to see Sireth and his Tomaj Lai enter the room. He had gotten used to hiding his anxiety. ?Yes, milord??

?My business is nearly complete. I shall be leaving soon.?

?If you had told me what your business was, I could have acquired some help for you.?

Sireth waved a hand in front of his face as if to disregard the suggestion. ?No need, Tade. This was my own business. However, now, it does require your assistance.?

Tade nodded. ?I offer my services any way I can, milord.?

?Good. Then bring up the screens for construction site 32.?

Tade nodded and gave the order to the men at the video screens. Instantly, over two dozen screens came up of the site at all different angles. He saw several people beginning to line up, getting into order by the guards. Many more people stayed off to the side until it was their turn. ?The slaves are about ready to leave for the hut villages,? he announced.

Sireth stepped forward to observe the screens. It didn?t take long for him to find Kalisha. She had found her brother, Jeredi, who was looking over her bruised and bloodied face with concern.

?I require a replacement slave, Tade.?

Tade wanted to burst our saying, ?Is that all?? but instead, he merely nodded, and said, ?Very well.?

Sireth pointed to Kalisha on the screen, and said, ?This one.?

Tade?s eyebrows went up. ?That one??

?Yes, she is the one I want.?

Tade stuttered as he tried to choose his words. ?Um, my lord, I feel it necessary to warn you that . . . that one . . . well, let?s put it simply, she?s a fine worker, but she?s also an atrocious trouble maker. She nearly killed one of our doctors last year.?

Sireth turned to Tade, annoyed. ?Yes, I know the story, Commander, but she is the one I want.?

Tade got the message and nodded his head. ?Very well, milord, I?ll have a couple of guards take her to your ship now and--?

?No,? Sireth interrupted.

?My lord??

?I don?t want the guards dragging her out of here. I want her to come willingly.?

Commander Tade finally understood Sireth?s intentions. ?You want her for a Tomaj Lai.? It was not a question.

Sireth raised his eyebrows. ?Haven?t you noticed that I have only had five Tomaj Lai with me instead of six??

Tade was quick to bow his head in respect. ?My apologies, milord, I?ve been busy.?

Sireth nodded. ?I?m sure you have.? The comment had been more of a rebuke rather than a statement of understanding.

?How do you plan on getting her to come to you?? asked Tade.

Sireth turned to the screen again and pointed at Kalisha?s brother. ?He?s the key.?

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Ooh, this is heating up! Oh, I love Sireth. Perhaps he might be interested in a romantic relationship in the future. More please! Sorry for not replying sooner. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again, only if you promise to post again. Deal? :D

Am [face_love]

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Darn, double post... :p

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Plot is thickening. :)

18. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Ok so my new user name isn't working for the moment, but I wanted to reply anyways. :)

Oooo I don't like this Sireth! He's a horrible human, (he is human right?) being! I hope Jeredi starts realizing his powers soon! Sounds like Kalisha could use a Jedi Knight!

Post more ASAP! :D

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Am? You LIKE Sireth? How is this accomplished? ;) He's the bad guy.

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Meaning, I like sexy bad guys...

Am [face_love]

21. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
  22. Jedi-Kiara

Jun 3, 2002
  23. Jade_Skywalker