main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hmmmmmm. Maybe I should have put a post up BEFORE I went to camp. Oh well, I'll definately have more for you tomorrow. :D

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Connor handed a wet rag that he had gotten from one of the water girls to Jeredi, who immediately began wiping the sweat and blood off his sister?s face. Kalisha was squirming away from him every time he attempted to bring the rag close to her skin.

?Knock it off, Jeredi. It?s not that bad. I can do it myself.? With that, she took the rag from his hands, and dabbed it across her face.

Both Jeredi?s and Connor?s faces were streaked with concern.

?Who did this to you, Kalisha?? Jeredi asked.

Kalisha rolled her eyes at her brother. ?As if you could really do anything about it anyway, Jeredi.?

?I don?t care,? Jeredi countered loudly.

?Kalisha just tell us,? Connor pressed.

Kalisha did not want to talk about it. How was she supposed to explain to her brother and her best friend that not only had the doctor tried to whip her, but that she had also seen Sireth? Her back pains had caused her more trouble that morning, she?d nearly gotten killed during work that resulted in her ankle injury, and almost got flogged, again. She had stared face to face with a dead man, and then face to face with Sireth himself, who had also inflicted pain on her through his beating. She wanted it all to be over.

Once Sireth was gone, she would feel safe. Just the possibility of running into him again scared her. No other slave had ever or would ever come close to the fear she had felt when she looked into his eyes. For a brief moment, she wondered if that was how the Tomaj Lai had felt when they first came to be in his service. It was a sad life to be a slave.

?Kalisha.? The sound of Jeredi?s voice brought her back to reality. She stared into his eyes in response. ?Who did this to you?? he asked again.

Kalisha took a deep breath before speaking. ?A couple of people actually.? She paused, gathering her words. Both Jeredi and Connor raised their eyebrows, silently motioning her to continue. ?The doctor . . . who bandaged my ankle was . . .? Kalisha trailed off when a lump got stuck in her throat.

Suddenly, Jeredi understood. ?Him??

Kalisha nodded, as tears began to fill her eyes.

Contemplating the information, Jeredi?s brows came together. He didn?t want to ask her this question, but he had to know. ?You didn?t . . . um . . . try to, again . . . I mean--?

It took Kalisha a moment to figure out what he was trying to ask her, but when she realized what he was getting at, she abruptly interrupted him. ?No, Jeredi,? she answered firmly. ?I did not try to kill him. He wanted revenge for when I did try.?

A single tear streaked down her face. Jeredi and Connor waited patiently for her to continue. Jeredi placed a hand on her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze in encouragement, and Connor softly rubbed her back.

Taking a couple more deep breaths, Kalisha continued. ?He . . . tied me down to the bed. And then he pulled out a whip.?

Jeredi?s expression rapidly changed to something that was in between stun and horror. He turned his head to Connor, hoping for some kind of support, but only getting the same response as he.

Kalisha stuttered her words as she struggled to keep herself composed. ?He tried to . . . he was going . . . to . . .? She couldn?t verbalize, her emotions distraught, and the tears began to flow.

Jeredi pulled her closer, squeezing her body against his, offering comfort. She welcomed his embrace as she cried more openly on his shoulder. Connor also came closer, bringing up his hands, and placing one on Kalisha?s shoulder, the other on Jeredi?s.

Connor let them stay like that for a moment and waited for Kalisha to calm down. When she finally did, he asked, ?He didn?t whip you, though??

Kalisha turned her gaze toward him. Letting her head rest on her brother?s shoulder, she shook her head. ?He would have, but he didn?t get the chance before somebody came in and stopped him.?

Jeredi looked at Connor in confusion and asked, ?Why would somebody care about a doctor beating on a slave??

Although the question was not directed to her, for th

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Bout time you updated... I have a bad feeling bout this ;)

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yes, you should have a bad feeling. These people in charge are not nice.

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx you guys. :)

7. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    That was good Jade but you need to post more. :)

8. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Despite the constant struggle both Jeredi and Kalisha put up, they could not break away from the guards. They were dragged all the way to the place where the slaves had been assembled to meet Sireth only a few days earlier. Sireth?s shuttle still lay there, only this time it was in beginning preparation for take off.

While Jeredi was held tightly by the two guards cleaving to him, Kalisha was thrust to her knees by her guards. Jeredi still struggled even as a dark, cloaked man emerged from the shuttle. As the figure came closer, Jeredi realized just who he was in the presence of, and immediately ceased his struggle, casting his eyes to the ground. Sireth came so close, Jeredi could feel his cold breath on his forehead.

?You have much strength, slave,? Sireth spoke menacingly. ?Let?s see if we can put it to good use.? Then Sireth thrust his fist into Jeredi?s stomach. With the wind completely knocked out of him, the guards allowed him to fall to the ground. Sireth snickered and glanced at the guards. ?Take him aboard.?

Kalisha watched in shock as they followed their lord?s commands, and raised Jeredi to his knees, trying to drag him to his feet. ?Wait,? she screamed before she even realized the word had left her mouth.

Sireth turned to her, pretending to be surprised. He knew that she would not be able to bear watching her brother being taken away. As he turned his attention toward Kalisha, he raised his hand to the guards who stopped what they were doing and left Jeredi on his knees.

?You dare to speak up against my orders, Kalisha?? Sireth asked with an eerie sort of calm.

Keeping his head turned downward, Jeredi spoke, ?Kalisha, how does he know your name??

For intimidation purposes, Sireth showed off more rage than he felt when he spun to backhand Jeredi in the face. ?Silence, slave!?

Jeredi?s body collapsed to the ground only momentarily before he was hoisted up on his knees again. Sireth turned back to Kalisha.

?I ask you again. Do you dare speak out against me and my wishes to take whatever slaves I wish to work for me on my ship??

Kalisha had heard about the labor that Sireth put his slaves through on his ship. The labor itself wasn?t that bad depending on where one was stationed. A slave could be an engineer, electrician, or a cook. It was the Sireth Followers that supervised the slaves who were ruthless. They would find any reason possible to give any slave a few slashes on the back. Every once and awhile, for their own amusement, they made two randomly picked slaves fight each other to the death. Slaves never made friends with other slaves there. Everyone was an enemy. It was a survival of the strongest. ?I beg of you my lord,? Kalisha said. ?Please don?t take my brother away from me.?

Sireth glanced at one of her guards and made a slight gesture with his chin. Suddenly, Kalisha felt the guard?s fist hammer into her back, between her shoulder blades, and she collapsed, putting her hands down to keep her up. Sireth bent down on one knee and brought his face closer to her. Kalisha kept her eyes to the ground.

?What gives you the courage,? Sireth said icily, ?to give me a request in which you have no authority to make??

Kalisha did not answer. She kept her head drawn toward the ground contemplating on what to do. Attacking was a definite negative. That would only get them both killed, but as much as Jeredi had always protected her before, she felt that she needed to protect him now.

While these thoughts were still running through her head, Sireth got up and turned to Jeredi and the guards who still grasped him by the arms. ?Take him aboard,? he ordered.

No sooner than Kalisha had thought it, she blurted out, ?No wait! Take me!?

?Kalisha, NO!? Jeredi shouted which only awarded him getting kicked in the stomach.

Sireth smiled wryly, but it disappeared before he turned back to the girl. ?You?? he said scornfully.

?I am just as hard a worker, and just as able to do any kind of labor.?

?I?m sure you are.? Sireth?s tone held n

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  10. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    Nive post Jade. Can't wait to read more. :) :)

11. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh my. Poor Jeredi and kalishna.

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  13. Jedi-Kiara

Jedi-Kiara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Yay you posted!

*sniff*

That is so sad! That she had to basically guve her life to Sireth to save Jeredi! I hope this anger in him won't lead him to the Dark side as well! Hopefully he'll find a way through the light, as his name would suggest. :)

Post more soon! That was awesome! :D

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh of course he won't go to the darkside, but it is tempting isn't it? ;)

15. Jedi-Kiara

Jedi-Kiara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    *Wipes sweat from her brow*

Phew! I was beginning to worry! ;) I suppose it would be tempting. But he's Jeredi! The ultimate Jedi, (in the future) ;) He'll be strong, and resist. I just know it!

Now post! :)

16. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    Great post! :) Up!

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Sireth Followers were continuously at work, carrying out their duties. There were various locations where one would be, depending on his responsibilities. Some were on the planets, keeping the slaves under control. The rest were either located on ships, or at the space station in the middle of the system. Barely having a moment to relax, they were to fulfill all of their duties to their best ability, never stopping, with the exception of the basic bodily functions such as eating and sleeping. However, even though the work was a bit exhausting for them, the sleeping arrangements were luxurious and the food exquisite.

They spent the majority of their time in their work. Some were pilots; others were scientists. The Sireth Followers were always obtaining new recruits, so many spent their time training the young, newer students in the arts of saber play. Every Sireth Follower was required to carry a saber, though few hardly ever got a chance to use it. They had a government of control, and the slaves were, more often than not, frightened to take any stand whatsoever. Sireth demanded it, however. He insisted that one day, they would need the sabers. Though Sireth rarely ever explained his orders to his followers, no one ever questioned him. What he said was the law, and those who did not abide by them received punishment. And so it was declared that everyone would master the saber, especially his Tomaj Lai. They would have to know in order to protect their Lord.

The Sireth Followers left to maintain control amongst the slaves on the three planets that made up their system usually had their hands full. P1 was where all the food was grown. The slaves picked, sometimes not too pleasantly, fruits and vegetables, and killed the animals that supplied the meat. It was rumored that most of the other slaves on other planets were envious because their task was so simple, but every job has its risks. Many of the food needing to be picked were attached to vines that had poisonous thorns, and the animals that had the best and most preferred meat for the Sireth Followers were from some of the most vicious. The record for the least amount of slaves that it took to kill one of these beasts was ten men.

P2 was the mining facility. The planet was rich in strong metals. The slaves mined for the ore, melted it, and shaped it into beams that were immediately shipped to P3, the construction site. P2 also crafted the sabers under careful observation of the Sireth Followers. It was rumored that one old slave tried to turn on the Followers just after finishing the sharpening of a saber. The old man fought courageously, with such spirit that it touched some of the slaves, and a riot was started. Once the Sireth Followers had everything under control, the old man was dragged away and never heard from again.

On P3 were the construction worker slaves. They spent their time building high-rise skyscrapers, and had no idea where the city was going to end. Perhaps it would not end at all. Perhaps they would be forced to keep on building until the city covered the entire planet.

The Sireth Followers had a normal routine that they would adhere to at all times. So when one single man was left waiting in one of the dark corridors of the Tightened Grip, he felt very agitated. He fiddled with his dark attire to try and relive some of the tension. If anyone would see him like this, in would draw suspicion, and that was the last thing he needed. It would only complicate his plans further. He had a meeting with a fellow Sireth Follower, who was already ten standard minutes late. Finally, he spotted a slightly overweight man with white hair, though the darker man remained in the shadows. ?What took you so long?? he said, the agitation beginning to decrease.

?I had to be extra cautious,? whispered the white-haired man. Had the area been brighter, the darker man would have noticed the beads of sweat forming on his comrade?s forehead. ?Sireth has returned.?

?So??

?So he knows about us.?

The darker man?s eye

18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    And the plot thickens.

20. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx RebelMom, UP! :D

21. padawanangel

padawanangel Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    ooOOOoo!!! So there are a few Sireth followers that aren't so loyal? Gee I wonder why! ;) I guess even in the beginning the Sith were plotting against eachother for power!

This is great Jade! Keep posting! :D

22. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    Good post Jade can't wait to read you next one. :)

23. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    Good post Jade can't wait to read you next one. :)

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx Padawanangel, it's always nice to see new readers. :)

Thank you "two" Borme. ;)

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Ooooh, very exciting. I'm on the edge of my seat now. The storyline is advancing much faster now, and I'm developing some ideas of what might happen.

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.