main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    GO JADE!!! :D

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  3. Jedi-Kiara

Jedi-Kiara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    That's funny, I could have sworn I had posted a reply! Oh well! It's looking great Jade! I want to know what those two sithly sireth followers are up to! POST!

4. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
  5. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Come ON Jade. I need anther post! where are you?

Please...

Jez

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Another post Jez? I'd like to know what you thought of the story. I like specifics too. ;)

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I'll have more posted here either later on tonight, or tomorrow morning. Till then, MtFbwy. ;)

8. Jedi-Kiara

Jedi-Kiara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    YAY! More story soon! *waits impatiently by her computer*

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Kalisha Coruscant found herself in that place just between asleep and awake. Her body felt cold, and she could hear vague, inaudible whispers. Her body felt weak from whatever had made her gone faint, but minute by minute she was slipping further into consciousness. As she became more aware of her surroundings, and her body started to follow more of her commands, she tried shifting her position. To her dismay, she found that very difficult to do. Her wrists were clamped above her head, and her ankles were down near the end of some kind of table that was slanted backwards. As more of her senses returned, she noticed that she was not wearing her usual slave clothes, but was dressed in a tight fitting black jump suit and knee high boots. As she recognized the coolness on her shoulders, she also realized that her new garments were sleeveless. She had seen this same exact outfit on the other Tomaj Lai, though she hadn?t expected to be receiving hers this soon.

Kalisha couldn?t remember a time when it had taken her this long to wake up. There was an icy touch to her cheek that ran a piercing chill down her spine, and her eyes snapped open. Lord Sireth?s face filled her vision, their noses nearly touching. ?You?ve been asleep too long,? he said in a voice that was as icy as his hand.

?Where am I?? Kalisha asked, still a little dazed.

Sireth leaned away and began walking slowly around the table, His piercing eyes never leaving Kalisha. ?You are on board my ship,? he answered. ?The Tightened Grip.?

?What happens now?? she asked, trying to sound submissive, but really feeling uneasy of what lay ahead for her.

?Well, at the moment, you are being fitted with your shackles.?

?My shackles??

?Yes,? Sireth answered as he came close to Kalisha again. ?Gold bands on your wrists that allow me, if needs be, to restrain you whenever necessary. They can bind to each other or to certain places on the walls where I can keep you detained.?

?Why would you need to keep me detained, Milord??

?Sireth,? he corrected.

?Sireth,? she replied.

?You will find, Kalisha, that the road to complete loyalty to me is not an easy one. There are always moments of hesitation or thoughts of betrayal. I must warn you; keep your thoughts in check.? Sireth kept his tone even.

?What harm are my thoughts?? she asked, puzzled.

?Thoughts can quickly turn to actions, and I know exactly what thoughts are going through your head at all times.? He took his left index finger and touched it to her forehead. ?If I sense something I don?t like, you will have to answer to it."

?How am I supposed to keep my thoughts that in control??

Sireth sneered at her as he pulled his hand away. ?You will learn. If you don?t, it can cost you your life.? At that moment, the clamps automatically released Kalisha?s wrists and ankles. As she brought her arms down, Kalisha beheld for the first time the gold bands that would serve as her shackles.

?Do they ever come off?? she asked, never removing her eyes from her wrists.

Sireth could not contain his snicker as he cast his eyes to someone in the shadows. ?They always ask that,? he stated, and then turned back to Kalisha. ?The only way to remove those would be to remove the entire hand.?

Sireth caught on to Kalisha?s obvious disappointment through his new connection to her. He struck her with a firm gaze. ?You will get used to those, Kalisha,? he demanded. ?I will not have one of my Tomaj Lai moping over something as petty as this. Now, you will meet your comrades.?

At his last word, five young women walked out from the shadows. One of them came to stand right beside Sireth, while the rest of them stayed just a couple of feet behind. ?Kalisha,? he continued as he laid a hand on the shoulder of the one next to him. ?This is Ruth. She?s the best Tomaj Lai I?ve had when it comes to handling a saber. There?s a lot that you could learn from her. My only advice to you would be to watch her carefully.?

Sireth walked to the others, and one by one placed a h

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Action, action, action. Plot development! I'm quite fond of the individuality you give your characters, and the profound sense of foreboding supplied. Good post! I found Sireth to be very chilling.

Am [face_love]

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanks Am! I glad that your enjoying this. I was hoping that I would get Sireth across like that. ;)

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sireth is just plain creepy.

13. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
    More soon?

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    up,hope so.

15. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  16. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
  17. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    UP!!!!
    ;) Come on Jade. "Please sir, i want some more."

Jez

18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I'll have more for you guys tomorrow, until then, UP. ;) :D

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, I always try to keep my promises so here you go. :D

As punishment for his defiant behavior around Lord Sireth, Jeredi spent three days in ?the hole?. ?The hole? was just that - a pit dug twenty feet into the ground. A slave would receive no food, very little water, and no sanitation facilities. Anyone who spent time in the hole came out sick and weak. Despite it all, they were still expected to work at the same capacity as everyone else. If they didn?t, they received another day in the hole.

As such, when the rope to haul Jeredi out finally came down, he barely had the strength to hang onto it.

?What?s the matter, slave,? one of the guards called mockingly. ?Feeling a little bit under the weather??

Jeredi finally got a good grip on the rope, and began to climb up. When the guards saw this, they kicked down the dirt and threw rocks. Jeredi eventually fell back in, and erupted in a symphony of coughs.

?Come on, slave,? the same guard called sarcastically. ?Can?t you do better? We?re here to help whenever you need it.?

Jeredi?s pride refused to allow him to receive any assistance from them. He sat down in the hole again to rest. He was angry; he could feel the rage desiring to fill him, to make him slash out at everything in sight. Then, he remembered the look on Kalisha?s face just before she accepted the life of a Tomaj Lai. There was so much love there for her brother, yet there was also fear. Despite it all, she pushed away her fear and gave herself to Sireth.

Thinking about Kalisha warmed his soul. It helped remind him of a promise he had once made to her. He promised never to let his anger get the better of him like it had with her a year earlier with the doctor. He let his eyes drift shut, and slowly began to relax. The guards cursed and yelled at him to hurry up, but he soon found their voices blocked out. As the last bit of his anger went away, he felt an incredible, overwhelming feeling; a sense of peace that he never known before. He had spent three days in the hole, and his body had been chilled to the bone, but now, he felt warmth, and he even felt his strength begin to return.

When he opened his eyes again, the feeling was still there, and it stayed with him when he got up and grabbed the rope. Again, he began to climb. The guards noticed his sudden change of status, and were astounded by how quickly he had gone from barely being able to hold onto the rope, to climbing the rope like it were no task at all.

The guard who rebuked him grew angry. He snatched another nearby rock, and thrust it at Jeredi?s face. As it hit the side of his head, he felt the warm feeling of peace begin to drift away, and his strength wavered. His feet slipped beneath him, then the whole front of his body slammed against the side of the hole, and his body began to go through a state of panic. His head throbbed and the special warm feeling vanished. His fingers slipped from the rope. Quickly, he forced his mind to clear, and searched for the warmth he had had only moments earlier. He found it again, though it wasn?t as intense, it was enough to help him.

The last bit of his strength was spent pulling himself out of the hole. He collapsed as soon as he was completely on the surface, laying flat on his stomach. The calm he had established within himself was still there, but his strength was gone. He couldn?t explain what had just happened to him; he was too weak to think.

Outraged, that same guard came up to him and kicked his booted foot into Jeredi?s stomach. A single grunt was heard from the young man. ?Come on,? the guard said to the other. ?Let?s get this piece of dirt back to his station.?

Taking each of Jeredi?s arms, and slinging them around their shoulders, the two guards dragged him the rest of the way to the construction site. They took him all the way up to the higher levels where he usually worked.

Connor spotted Jeredi immediately when the guards dragged him off the turbo lift and dropped him there. ?Jeredi,? he called frantically. The

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, Jeredi is going to get his sister back. :)

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx RebelMom. :D

22. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    yeah jade, you finally posted! good job!

Jez ;) ;) ;)

23. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
  24. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Nice post Jade, now I order thee to post more because you made me think you did finish reading the book :p

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    You mentioned romance and the introduction of two relationships a while back, and with the aid of this new post, I?ve pieced together a theory for one of them. I do wonder who this sudden ?angel? is ? but I?m confident she?ll appear again. A rebellion? Now we?re cooking. Thoughts like that could either lead to disaster or freedom, and let?s hope Jeredi will give this some serious contemplation.

Well done!

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.