main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Nice to see you Borme. Thank you so much for you reply Am. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this. :D

2. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    GREAT JOB! :D

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  4. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    More for you guys tomorrow! :D

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    OOPS! Forgot about this! Okay, here we go!

Kalisha couldn?t complain about the sleeping arrangements. They were far better than the ones on P3, though not nearly as luxurious as what the Sireth Followers had. She and the other Tomaj Lai slept on cots with thin padded mattresses, and pillows filled with real bird feathers. The blankets were three times thicker than what she was used to, and they all slept in an actual room where no breezes or wind could flow in and make the night all the more unpleasant. With all the comfort, Kalisha thought that she might have been able to get a better night?s sleep, but she kept on waking up. Her body was so used to continuously waking up in the nights due to the cold, that her mind was psychologically attuned to awaken her.

For the past few days, she had been trying to grow accustomed to a Tomaj Lai?s life style, but so far, it was not working out. The routines were just so different, and it was hard for her to get used to.

As she laid there in darkness and silence, there was only one thing Kalisha could think about: her brother, Jeredi. He had once made a promise to her a long time ago. Her eyes drifted closed as the memory came flooding back.

An eight-year-old Jeredi Coruscant clutched his five-year-old sister tightly as she cried on his shoulder. Word had just gotten to them that there had been an accident at the construction site, and both of their parents had been killed. One fellow slave had salvaged what he could before their bodies were dragged away by the guards.

?I thought you and your sister should have these,? the man had said to Jeredi after informing him of the incident. It was his parents? wedding rings and his mother?s necklace. He held them gently in his right hand now, while his left gently rubbed Kalisha's back as her sobs continued. His cheeks were damp with his own tears.

They sat together in their hut, trying to bring each other comfort. All children under the age of twelve were released two hours earlier than everyone else. They were still children after all. Jeredi and Kalisha had been waiting for their parents to return with the rest of the slaves. It had never even entered into their minds that when they left them that evening, that that would be the last time they would speak to them. The two kids were absolutely devastated.

?Jeredi?? Kalisha spoke up in her tiny, shaky voice.

?What?? Jeredi replied, choking back his sobs.

?What?s going to happen now? Who?s gonna take care of us??

It was at that moment when Jeredi felt a determination, an obligation, and even more, a want to protect his sister. He wanted to personally ensure that nothing bad would happen to her. He pulled her away from their embrace, and squeezed her shoulders tightly. He brought his face close and spoke quietly so that she knew he meant what he said.

?Listen, Kalisha,? he said. ?I'm never going to let anything bad happen to you. You?re my sister, so I?ll take care of you now. I promise.? His voice held such a deep sincerity that it almost took his sister by surprise. As slaves, Jeredi and Kalisha were forced to grow up too fast, neither on of them having a real childhood, but at heart, they had always been innocent children. However, now, Jeredi?s physical appearance stayed the same, but his maturity leapt a few years. He could no longer be the little boy at heart he was before. He had an unexpected weight to carry on his shoulders now, and though he was more than willing to go through with it, he did not know if he was ready.

The look on Kalisha?s face showed that she accepted his promise. She tilted her head down to look at their hands. She noticed the tiny treasures Jeredi held. ?These are Mama and Papa?s things,? she pointed out, her voice now steady.

Jeredi nodded. ?How did you get them?? she asked, looking him straight in the eye.

He shook his head. ?It doesn?t matter.? Kalisha went silent, again looking down at what they had left of their parents. She ran the tip of her finger around

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ohhh nice post there Jadey :)

9. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I love this story. Where do i find more!

10. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    More will be coming soon, hopefully. ;) NIce to see you here! Hehe . . . I love getting new readers. ;)

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Doing my routine up. ;)

12. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
    Great post!

13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    More tomorrow!!! :D

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    The room where the Tomaj Lai slept was not far from Sireth?s own quarters. His personal slaves and bodyguards were always kept close so it did not take long for them to arrive. They gathered in a semi-circle before him. Sireth stood at a small window, looking out into the stars. His face was impassive and he allowed time to linger on for several moments.

Kalisha grew uneasy and looked to the other young women hoping to exchange the same confused look. When none of them met her gaze, it only made her agitation grow further. Was this a common thing or-

?They?ve learned patience, Kalisha,? Sireth interrupted her thoughts, and for the hundredth time since becoming a Tomaj Lai, she had to remind herself that he knew her every thought.

Sireth finally turned away from the window, and laid his eyes directly upon her. ?Step forward.?

Without hesitation, Kalisha obeyed, and moved to stand in front of him. He peered down at her almost as if he was looking into her very soul, finding answers that he desired. She did not allow her gaze to turn away from him. As much as she wanted to, for his look still drove a shiver down her spine, her eyes remained focused.

The silence was so uncomfortable and so eerie that she nearly jumped at the sound of Sireth?s voice. ?Your past haunts you, Kalisha,? he spoke calmly.

When Sireth paused, Kalisha got the distinct feeling that she was supposed to understand the meaning behind his words, but she didn?t. ?I?m sorry?? she asked.

?Did you heed none of my warnings?? he asked, taking a slightly darker tone. He slowly began to circle her. Her eyes followed him, but she kept her body facing the same direction. Sireth continued. ?Your thoughts must continuously be in check, for I will not have any of my Tomaj Lai distracted with such insignificant matters.?

A small feeling of bitterness ran through Kalisha as Sireth came around to stand in front of her again. His face held no emotion. It was just a hard, solemn gaze. ?I see that you resent the fact that I consider the memory of your parents? death so insignificant,? he said. ?Am I to understand that you will not give this memory up??

A look of surprise came over Kalisha. ?How do you know about my parents??

Looking down, Sireth sighed heavily with frustration and clasped his hands behind his back. His voice was low but harsh. ?Still you do not realize the depth of the Tomaj Lai bond.? He raised his head up to look at her, his eyes piercing. ?I know everything Kalisha. Every thought, every emotion, every,? he paused for a moment and then emphasized, ?memory that runs through your mind.?

The answer finally dawned on Kalisha and her shoulders slumped as she let off a sigh. Sireth continued in the same tone. ?Now you understand why I called you here.?

?It was just a dream, Sireth,? Kalisha protested. ?It doesn?t mean anything.?

?Oh, but I disagree, Kalisha. You see, for you to say that your dream means nothing is to say that your parents and even your brother mean nothing to you, yet I know that is not true. If you allow these feelings to remain, they will only serve to bring about your death.?

The more Sireth spoke on the matter, the more distressed Kalisha felt. ?They?re my family, Sireth, I can?t just forget them like that.?

Sireth raised his voice dramatically. ?Your parents are dead, Kalisha, and your brother remains on P3!?

Kalisha?s eyes flooded with tears. She tried hard to control them, but they fell freely. She turned her head away to hide her pathetic behavior, but knew it was pointless, for he had already seen and felt it.

Sireth?s tone grew more piercing and harsh. ?You will never see him again. I suggest you get used to the idea. Always remember Kalisha, you gave yourself to me.? He allowed a moment?s pause as the young girl composed herself and brought her gaze back to him. He brought his face uncomfortably close and again, his eyes looked into hers, finding all the answers he needed as he read her thoughts. ?Your are fifteen years old, your

15. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Jade, that was really good. Post more soon.

Jez

16. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you, Jez, and thanx the reply in "Obsession" too. :D

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    oh, come on, up!

19. Gaveth

Sep 28, 2001
  20. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    It's let and I have school tomarrow but I staded up to read this. It was very good Jade. Can't wait to read more of it. Keep it up!! :)

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx, Borme, that means a lot. :)

22. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  23. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, I finished a really hard part in my other story, "A Dangerous Obsession" and I have the next part to this story all planned out, so it shouldn't take that much longer. :D

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry for the delay. I'm caught up now. Poor Kalisha. I really dislike Sireth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.