main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Was Light (the beginning of the Jedi, updated 12-21-04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
  2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  3. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  4. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh hey RebelMom, I hadn't seen your reply. Probably because it was the last one on the page and sometimes it won't show the last one until you get a new page. I hate it when it does that. Well anyway, here's the next part for y'all.

Jeredi was still feeling the effects of spending time in the hole, but that did not stop him from trying to touch and use that strange energy like he had before. He could feel it. It was ever present and was everywhere all the time. Constant, yet, could not be seen - like air. No matter how often he tried, he could not grasp it again, and every time he tried, he was left breathless.

He sat on one of the many platforms of the higher levels of the construction site, leaning his back against a vertical column. Connor had told him to stay, to rest instead of coming down to get his food and drink. Jeredi didn?t mind. He wanted some time to himself for awhile. He could not stop thinking about Kalisha, about what she must be going through. What would Sireth do to her? He closed his eyes and a brief image entered into his mind of the Dark Lord beating her and making her do things for his own will and pleasure. Suddenly, Jeredi was very angry.

The anger soared through him like the blood in his veins, touching every part of his inner body, then expanded even further as if he were in a growing bubble of pure hatred. Any further, the bubble would pop and he would have no choice but to release his anger on the closest thing he had to him. Quickly, he moved his thoughts away from the image, but his contempt for Sireth remained.

He did not notice when Connor came up beside him, did not notice as Connor tapped him on the shoulder, speaking his name over and over again with curiosity. Or is that concern? What could the look on my face look like right now? He did not bother paying attention; he kept his eyes shut tightly.

The anger would not go away, even as he went back to concentrating on touching that energy. In fact, when he did, his fury skyrocketed, and he could not contain it any longer. He desperately wanted something to throw, and suddenly felt a large box of tools in his hands. The box should have been heavy, and he shook it just to make sure the tools were inside. They were, yet the thing seemed weightless. He paid it no heed, however, and launched it, hoping to send his rage with it.

The box crashed in another vertical column near where the two young men were seated on the platform. The sound of it startled Jeredi, but nothing could have prepared him for the shock he would feel the moment he opened his eyes and realized that he was still seated at the same spot as before. He remembered seeing that toolbox. It wasn?t that far away from him, but it hadn?t been that close to him either. And the thing should have at least weighed a lot more.

The box broke open on impact leaving it totally deformed, absolutely unusable, and scarring the vertical column with a huge dent. The tools fell over the side, clattering on other platforms below. Some could be heard slapping against girders for stories on down. Finally, all was silent.

Both Jeredi and Connor sat there completely astounded at the sight before them. Jeredi wanted a closer look at the toolbox, the only thing remaining on their platform, but the moment he tried moving, his body went weak, and he felt as though he would vomit. He toppled over onto his side, breathing heavily.

Two shocked guards who had been stationed close by now came rushing at them. They too had been startled, but they allowed no fear to show. Instead, it came out as rage as one of them grabbed Jeredi by his jacket and hollered, ?What happened!?

?I don?t know!? Jeredi tried shouting, but his voice came out hoarsely. ?I didn?t do anything!? I don?t think, he added to himself.

?Of course, you didn?t,? scolded the guard, shoving Jeredi back down on the platform. ?Do you take us as idiots? We saw everything, but what caused it??

Connor stepped forward and spoke out. ?He said he didn?t know

5. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Oh no. The guards arn't going to .... Jeredi wouldn't alow that. This is so sad.

Jez

6. Gaveth

Gaveth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2001
    Good post!

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Gwen, this is so amazing! I'm speechless at the dynamic plotline you've created. From the kick-butt badass Sireth, to the beautiful "angel" who is selling herself for extra rations, this story sparks something in everyone.

This reminds me of a book I once read detailing the life inside Prisoner of War camps. It was rough, harsh, and people did anything to get by, hoping the allies would one day triumph. I wonder, have you drawn some inspiration from that or another source?

I continue to stay glued to your works.

Am [face_love]

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you Am. I'd say more but we already talked a lot last night. ;)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is interesting that Jeredi has found the Dark Side before he finds the light side. I really like his determination.

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx RebelMom. :)

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I just shipped off the next part to my beta so the next post should be up soon! :D

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Expect an update tomorrow. :D

15. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    YAY!!!! :D A new post!!!! :D

The two guards, Broker and Dagan, carried the now deformed toolbox away from the construction site to the garbage chute. Not much conversation had taken place between them when they left the two young slaves. Both were trying to piece together possibilities of what had happened when the box had been lifted and thrown by some unseen force. Dagan was chilled to the bone, as there was only one thing that came to mind. Broker held a firm and impassive face, but from the expression he saw on his fellow guard, he knew discussion would come sooner or later.

It came after the box slid down the chute and into wherever it led below. ?Do you believe in hauntings?? Dagan spoke just above a whisper, his voice trembling.

Broker rolled his eyes and turned to face Dagan, a look of scorn spread across his face. ?In the name of the Sireth Followers, pull yourself together, man!?

?Then you explain what happened!? the other shouted. Fear flooded in his eyes.

?Any Sireth Follower can do that without breaking a sweat!? Broker replied in the same tone.

?Sireth Followers don?t come to the construction sites,? Dagan countered. ?They stay in the command centers! And anyway, what would be the point of that?? He gestured with his hand in the direction of the garbage chute where the toolbox had recently disappeared. ?There is something going on here. Something,? he searched for the right word, ?unnatural.?

Broker folded his arms across his chest and gave his friend a mocking glare. ?Tell me, Dagan, if this is some kind of ghost, whose ghost is it? And why would it be doing this??

Dagan shook his head. ?I don?t know, but I can find out.?

Broker let off a pitiful chuckle and began walking to his post. ?Don?t think too hard,? he called over his shoulder. ?You wouldn?t want to hurt yourself.?

Dagan stared back, his anger being fed by his fear. So what if one person didn?t believe him? He made a resolve to do some research and find out anything significant to the events that had just played out. He would also go around telling others of what had happened, and he wouldn?t stop until he found people who believed him and would back him up. A satisfied smile crept across his lips. ?I?ll show you, Broker,? he whispered to himself.

Morning came, or at least Kalisha thought it was morning. The door to the room slid open, and a bright white light from the corridor came shining in, hurting her eyes. She squeezed her eyes shut and turned her head into one of her arms. A shadow fell upon her, making it easier on her eyes. When she turned back, she found a silhouette of a man who was clearly Sireth. He stepped into the room and pulled something small out from his robes. She could not tell what it was. In a moment, the answer was given to her as her shackles detached from the slab. Exhaustion overwhelmed her, and her entire body fell to the floor. The thing that Sireth had pulled out was the device that allowed him to control the gold bands for each of the Tomaj Lai.

Pain rushed up and down her arms from the long period in which they had stayed in the same position. She could barely move them, and she knew that it would take some time for the soreness to recede.

Sireth still had not spoken a word, and she had the feeling that he enjoyed seeing her like this. She turned her head around to face forward, and found Sireth?s feet. Painfully, she pulled herself up onto her elbows. At that moment a small metal ring hit the floor, making a clanging sound in room. It rolled a tiny distance then fell over, stopping right in front of Kalisha. It was her mother?s ring.

?I?m giving it back to you,? Sireth said icily. ?But I want no more of this reminiscing. That life is over Kalisha, you belong to me now.?

She winced as she reached out with one of her arms to grab the ring, placing back on the finger where it belonged. ?Why are you giving it back to me, Sireth??

Ignoring her question, Sireth sneered at her. ?Get to your feet. You begin sabe

16. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Oh MY Jade. That was really really good.

Jez

17. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Nice post Jade. You have a way to make Sireth seem so nice *cough cough*. I like how you have him know how to get Kalisha to be the Tomaj Lai he wants. Can't wait to read more lady. :)

18. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    Double post sorry

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm glad you liked it, Jez. :D

And Borme, MAN! That has got to be the most specific reply I have ever gotten from you. Instead of just knowing that you like it, I know exactly what it is you like about it. ;) Thanx! :D

20. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  21. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    I was in a posting mode at the time. Post more lady.

22. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Gwen, that rocks! I enjoyed that conversation, and wondered how the man could address Sireth like that. He seems almost comfortable, which is eerie considering the power Sireth wields. They're spending to other planets? Just like a plague. A plague of dominance.

As per usual, great work!

Am [face_love]

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  25. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.