main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And Then There Were Monkeys.... (Lenny's Weekly Task #1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Leonard_Shelby, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    ~~Leonard_Shelby's Vital Stats~~

Date of Birth: 01/22/1977
    Height: 5' 11 1/2"
    Weight: 207 lbs.
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Build: Medium to Large
    IQ: 525
    Bio/Profile: Hi Guys and Gals! :)

My name is Sam...but you can call me Sammy...or Sam...or Lenny...whichever you prefer...it doesn't matter to me...Seriously, it doesn't... ;) :p

I hail from the lovely land of Waterloo, Iowa...where the hicks roam wild and free. The corn and beans are vast for all the eye to see....and the cows sleep standing-up. Yep. That's right. They sure as hell do. ;)

I was born here (in Waterloo) during the very cold month of January, on the 22nd, in the great year of 1977 (you all know which monumental and life-changing movie came out that year...a mere 4 months and three days later...), so if my math is correct, that would make me 26 years old....which would probably make me one of the resident "geezers" both here and around the JC....Oh well...I can dig it... ;)

I grew-up in the small town of Aplington, Iowa (also known as "A-Town"...yes..we're dorks...), a town with a population less than most people's shoe sizes. So in other words, pretty damn small... :p While growing-up I learned to appreciate the many things that life had to offer. Cows...bails of hay...beans...corn...cow pies...fields...forests...murky rivers...you know...the finer things. ;) Essentially, Iowa really has nothing aside from beautiful landscapes. So you really have to find a sense of self early-on in childhood. And I found that outlet with writing. (and cow and sheep-tipping...but we'll get into that later... ;) :p ) My passion for writing has resonated deep within me for many, many years. I love to do it. It feels so good to create something...to call it your own. I absolutely love it. :)

Anyways, I graduated from HS in 1995...and attended one year of college in 1996. I'd really like to go back...and I may just do that someday. I'd like to go for a wide variety of things. Writing...Chiropractic...Law...you get the picture. I come from a family that has a background of strong work ethic. My family on my dad's side runs two lumber yards in the area (aptly titled "Harken Lumber"...clever, huh? :p )...and the family on my mom's side is full of rough and tough farmers. So bein' a hard worker is not only something that runs in my families...it's a passion...it's something that we're built upon...

As for me, I had done so many manual labor jobs in my life (lumber yard, farm work, field work, road construction, window assembly) that I decided to get into other avenues of the work force. I'm currently licensed to sell insurance in many lines of insurance...(I know...it's a scary thought that I may try to sell you insurance one day... :p ) including Life/Accident and Health, Property & Casualty...amongst others. I am not currently in insurance anymore (which may or may not be a good thing for some people... :p ), I am currently working for the local newspaper the Waterloo Courier.

As far as my hobbies and such, I have several. I'm really into sports (the big four...hockey, baseball, basketball, and football)...with my favorite teams being the Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, and Dallas Cowboys respectively. I love to play sports too. Particularly basketball. I love to run (that has become less and less lately...tisk, tisk...) and lift weights (ditto :p ). I'm very much into music...(I'd LOVE to be in a band someday) with hardcore/metal being my favorite genre...but I love all kinds of music (except for country, soft rock, most rap, and boy band crap) and I love movies. I'm big into video games as well...I own a PS2 and Game Cube...damn, you GOTTA love that new Zelda game...I have some tats...with my Teletubbies t

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hi Sam! :D Nice to meet you. Wow, I never knew anyone could write so much about Iowa! You plan on ever getting out of there? :p

3. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Thanks! It's great to meet you too, Kasey. :)

[face_laugh]

I didn't think I could either... :p

Well, I actually did get out (or escaped..however you look at it... ;) ) of Iowa briefly...I moved to Colorado and lived there from February 1998 to April 2000...before moving back here... I suppose I could have put that into my profile...//rolls eyes @ self...// [blunt_face]

:p

4. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Ha! Good to know that you got out into the real world at some point in your life. :p

And don't worry, I didn't post my whole life story either. I doubt anyone would be interested. But if you guys wanna hear... :p

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Nice to get to know you Sam, er, Lenny, er....

And Iowa can't be that bad. I was raised in Arkansas. Clinton was governer for most of my life. I'm scarred for life.

6. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Ha! Good to know that you got out into the real world at some point in your life.

Thanks. It was good... :p

And don't worry, I didn't post my whole life story either. I doubt anyone would be interested. But if you guys wanna hear...

Sure, why the hell not? :D :p

Nice to get to know you Sam, er, Lenny, er....

Thanks, man. Nice to meet ya too. :)

And Iowa can't be that bad. I was raised in Arkansas. Clinton was governer for most of my life. I'm scarred for life

Hmmmm....you have a point there...//shudders//

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey Sam! :) I must say, I like your alter ego. Great movie, Memento. :) At least I think that's where it's from. . . ?[face_plain]

Jae Angel

8. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi Lenny! [face_love]

I grew up in Illinois and my sister went to the University of Iowa so I remember trekking out there quite often. :D

9. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Hi, Jess! [face_love]

Thanks..and yep, it's from the movie Memento. I love that movie. Glad to hear you like it as well... :)

Hi Lenny! [face_love]

Hi... [face_blush] .... [face_love]

I grew up in Illinois and my sister went to the University of Iowa so I remember trekking out there quite often.

Kick ass! It's cool to know that we grew-up in the same area...or near it anyways... :D :p

So when did your sis go to Iowa? :)

10. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Wasn't Leonard Shelby (from Momento) an insurance rep? Does your life resemble his in more than just one aspect?

I heard there was a murder once in Iowa that was never solved, but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you Sam?

11. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm sure Sam knows many things about the mysteries of Iowa, John. Many, many things.

So when did your sis go to Iowa?

Oh geez. Let's see. She's 12 years older than I am...I was born in 1968...so it would have been around 1975 through around 1980 or so. She went to their school of Nursing.

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe, heya Sammy. :)
    I'd ask questions and such.. but... well, I know you pretty well already.. so... :p

~ James

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Your alter ego's sexy [face_love] ;)

I don't know if I can call you Sam, Lenny. Especially not Sammy. I'll think of you as an old man in black an white :p

14. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Wasn't Leonard Shelby (from Momento) an insurance rep?

Yep. He was a claims investigator... ;)

Does your life resemble his in more than just one aspect?

Most definitely. I have tats, a poor memory, I'm tough as nails.....I have psychotic and serial killer-esque tendencies... ;) [face_devil] :p

I heard there was a murder once in Iowa that was never solved, but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you Sam?

Nope. I know nothing... [face_devil] [face_mischief]

I'm sure Sam knows many things about the mysteries of Iowa, John. Many, many things.

You have no idea... ;)

Oh geez. Let's see. She's 12 years older than I am...I was born in 1968...so it would have been around 1975 through around 1980 or so. She went to their school of Nursing.

Wow. That's way cool. So where is she at now? Is she still in Iowa? :)

Hehe, heya Sammy. I'd ask questions and such.. but... well, I know you pretty well already.. so...

:p

Your alter ego's sexy [face_love] ;)

Why thank you, Rachel... [face_blush] [face_love]

I don't know if I can call you Sam, Lenny. Especially not Sammy. I'll think of you as an old man in black an white

[face_laugh]

Call me what you wish... ;) :)

15. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Well, I actually did get out (or escaped..however you look at it... ) of Iowa briefly...I moved to Colorado and lived there from February 1998 to April 2000...before moving back here... I suppose I could have put that into my profile...

Stay there! Colorado kicks ass. :cool:

Nice to know you, Sam. :)

16. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Hey Sammy! can I call you that? I think it sounds cute ;)
    Iowa sounds nice, btw :D nice bio/essay thing ;)

17. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Hey Sammy!

Hi! :)

"can I call you that?"

Of course. :D

"I think it sounds cute"

[face_blush]

"Iowa sounds nice, btw"

It's not too bad...can't complain...and thanks... :)

"nice bio/essay thing"

Why thank you...thank you very much... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.