main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA And who might you be

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Since we have some new folks on the boards (welcome btw) I thought it might be a good idea to revive something we've done in the past, an introduction thread. Say hello and post your answers.

Screen name
    Name (first is fine)
    How did you get hooked on Star Wars
    How did you find SWAP (or how did SWAP find you)
    Hobbies
    Favorite SW character and why
    Favorite non SW character
    Favorite Star Wars Movie
    Favoirte Non Star Wars Movie
    Favorite TV show
    Favorite Type of music
    Favorite Song
    Favorite Color
    Favorite Food
    Favorite Cartoon
    Favorite game (video, board or puzzle)
    Favorite Book.
    Random fact about yourself

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Screen name Greencat336

Name (first is fine) Christine

How did you get hooked on Star Wars I first saw SW in the summer of 1977. The moment Darth Vader stepped through the smoke and appeared in all his sinister looming evilz, I was hooked.

How did you find SWAP (or how did SWAP find you) I'm a founding member. Back in Jan of 2001, I googled 'star wars pittsburgh' found these boards and folks who were trying to start up a fanforce in Pittsburgh. Been here ever since.

Hobbies Crochet, writing emo dramaz fanfic, reading, spoiling my nephews/nieces, playing on the interwebz, SW and other scifi franchises

Favorite SW character and why Qui-Gon Jinn. Strongly principled, strong willed, doing his best to do what's right even if it brings him into conflict with others, teacher, he's got a dry sense of humor (look at that twinkle in his eye), flawed -- and yeah, the fact he is imperfect is one of the reasons I find him so interesting, and he is nice to look at.

Favorite non SW character Wash from Serenity

Favorite Star Wars Movie A New Hope

Favorite Non Star Wars Movie Casablanca

Favorite TV show I don't have one alltime favorite, although I'm a fan of Doctor Who, Project Runway, Good Eats, Supernatural and The Daily Show.

Favorite Type of music Alternative rock

Favorite Song Red Hot Chili Peppers Under the Bridge

Favorite Color Green

Favorite Food Coffee (Yeah, its a beverage not a food, but its my fav anyway)

Favorite Cartoon Phineus and Ferb

Favorite game (video, board or puzzle) Playing cards (rummy, solitare), Scrabble, RPG. I don't have the hand eye coordination for video games lol,although I've recently become addicted to Webkinz

Favorite Book. Too many to pick just one. Douglas Adam's books, Good Omens, Some of the Valdemar books, some of the spencer detective books, history books are always entertaining

Random fact about yourself I love corny jokes like knock knock jokes and silly puns.

3. PrincessB

PrincessB Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2007
    Screen name: Princessb

Name (first is fine): Elizabeth

How did you get hooked on Star Wars: i've been a fan since I was 8. all of my older cousins at that time constantly watched the movies and played with the action figures. and out of curiousity, eventually I did too.

How did you find SWAP (or how did SWAP find you): a google search about anti-jarjar pictures. i've lurked on the boards since early 06

Hobbies: i'm a student..no time for many hobbies at the moment.

Favorite SW character and why: yoda, he's always reminded me of my grandpa in a creepy kinda way.

Favorite non SW character: agent Fox Mulder

Favorite Star Wars Movie: Return of the jedi!

Favorite Non Star Wars Movie: A Haunting in Connecticut

Favorite TV show: Torchwood and most of the BBC lineup on late saturday.

Favorite Type of music: metal

Favorite Song: I like the new Muse album..if that counts.

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Food: Asian

Favorite Cartoon: Metalocalypse

Favorite game: (video, board or puzzle): Tony Hawk's proving ground for PS3

Favorite Book currently: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Random fact about yourself: I play drums

4. RustedNoodle

RustedNoodle Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2009
    Screen name RustedNoodle
    Name (first is fine) my first name is Charles but everyone calls me Tom

How did you get hooked on Star Wars: when i was little i saw my parents watching ESB and i loved it and my obsession starting growing from there

How did you find SWAP (or how did SWAP find you) i talked to some of you at some of the Pittsburgh cons around the area

Hobbies: i collect video games, comic books, music and movies. i am also a student at itt-tech

Favorite SW character and why: hes from the original trilogy it would have to be han solo just because he is just awesome to many reasons to name

Favorite non SW character: Silent Bob

Favorite Star Wars Movie: would have to be ESB just because it was the first one i saw when i was little

Favoirte Non Star Wars Movie: anything by Kevin Smith

Favorite TV show: ummmmmm.... Rocco's modern life

Favorite Type of music: Metal

Favorite Song: ummmm i have lots of favorite songs i use to work at a record store

Favorite Color: blue green

Favorite Food: lasagna

Favorite Cartoon: Rocco's modern life

Favorite game (video, board or puzzle): Lunar the silver star for sega cd

Favorite Book. the redemption of athlus by David Eddings

Random fact about yourself: ive been to so many concerts and seen so many bands that i can't count them anymore

5. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008

Screen name del(short for Delirium, from the Sandman comics)
    Name (first is fine) Amy
    How did you get hooked on Star Wars? I was born the same year ANH came out, and my parents weren't big into movies, so I didn't see them the first time in theaters. I grew up watching them on TV and playing with SW action figures at my neighbor's house. My friends and I used to pretend we were various characters and act out movie scenes too.
    How did you find SWAP (or how did SWAP find you)? I met them at the Pittsburgh Comicon
    Hobbies? costumes, customizing action figures, comics, video games, collecting toys, flea marketing
    Favorite SW character and why? That changes any given day. Right now I'm in an Obi Wan Kenobi state of mind.
    Favorite non SW character? Once again, that changes. Right now it's either Indiana Jones or Green Lantern
    Favorite Star Wars Movie? I guess Empire Strikes Back
    Favoirte Non Star Wars Movie? I don't have a favorite. I've been watching a lot of Tarentino lately
    Favorite TV show? Of all time, Twilight Zone. Current, I'd have to say Batman:Brave and the Bold
    Favorite Type of music? I like almost all music
    Favorite Song? I have several, but today it's "Big Dipper" by Cracker
    Favorite Color? Green
    Favorite Food? Chinese or sushi
    Favorite Cartoon? Batman:B&B or Clone Wars
    Favorite game (video, board or puzzle)? Final Fantasy 11
    Favorite Book.? Anything by Neil Gaiman. I also like "Repent Harlequin said the TickTock Man," by Harlan Ellison
    Random fact about yourself? I dressed as Ma Hunkel, the Golden Age Red Tornado for this years comicon season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.