main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"...and you will be rewarded."

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand-Moff-Tarkin, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    When Luke is using the Jedi mind trick on Bib in RotJ, he tells him that he serves his master well and that he will be rewarded. Why does he tell him that? What does he mean that he will be rewarded?

He's already used his mind trick to get Bib to take him before Jabba, so what's the point in adding on that last part? By reward did he mean die? Not much of a reward in my opinion.

2. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Yeah prolly mean die...LOL...

i mean he would not know any better because he is under the mind control trick...besides they all die in the end...so in a way luke was right,if he meant for them to die :)

3. Darien_SabreHawkke

Darien_SabreHawkke Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2005
    what Luke said was true, from a certan point of view [face_devil]

4. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    What else would a sleazoid like Fortuna respond to? Altruism and crime bosses NEVER mix!

5. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    Especially on Tatooine. Remember what Watto said. Mind tricks don't work on me, only money!

I'll bet Luke was just throwing in that bit about a reward for good measure.

6. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Ya know, we never really see what happens to the guy. We only guess that he dies.

7. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    According to the books he fled back to palace and got his brain put in a jar by B'Ommar Monks.

But if we just look at the film, well, everything blows up.

8. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    what mystery

9. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    "Reward meaning Death"

Another connection to the PT with Anikan. Maybe at this time luke was skitting close to the dark side or something.

10. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i am sure that luke always comes close the the darkside but always turns back at the last minute...like when he versed vader...he could have gone to the dark side and killed him...but he did not

11. JudasJonny

JudasJonny Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I think he's just securing what has already been a complete sucess - the manipulation of a weaker individual - and by doing so, it's a little message to Jabba. Kind of like taking over some of his property to let him know that he's not to be underestimated

12. Lord_Amustar

Lord_Amustar Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I think Luke said that because he wanted him to feel that he would be important for delivering the rogue/wanted Jedi to Jabba's hands. And money is quite a valuable asset to people of Tatooine, people do fall helpless to greed.

But then again, you are quite right--that it was not important.

13. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    Also the whole escape was kind of plan B anyway, so you could say that plan A was to simply pay for Solo and everybody walks away happy,
    in which case, the reward might have been literal,

I mean Luke had no way of knowing 1) Hutts are resistant to a Jedi mind probe
    2) that Jabba wouldn't be happy with a pay off

they had no reason to prefer doing it the hard way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.