main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Didn't see a thread for the master of the motion capture so here it is.

I think it's a great choice, he brought awesomely to life creatures like Gollum, King-Kong and Cesar. I can only imagine what he can do with the vast universe of Star Wars.

Who do you think he'll be playing? Hero, Villain, Alien, the AT-AT foot?

Discuss!

ObiWanKnowsMe and whostheBossk like this.
  2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    My guess is sidekick. Hopefully the sidekick Jar Jar was supposed to be, but without the childish humour and more of the Chewie cool.

cdgodin and obsidianknight482 like this.
  3. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Personally I'd like to see him playing a cool trandoshan sidekick with an ambiguous morality, like HK-47 in the KOTOR game.

4. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Trandoshan or Besalisk sounds good to me :D

5. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    He'll be playing the talking baby rancor that Luke rescued from Jabba's temple after ROTJ...

6. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Trandoshan or Besalisk sounds good to me :D

Actually, thinking about it, a Trandoshan could be an interesting dynamic with Chewie involved - that is if the whole Trandoshan/Wookie thing is still canon.

EDIT: Sorry for the repeated information, this post was supposed to be an edit of the one above - DOH! :oops:

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Like I said in the other thread, he'll likely play a dug. Anything less would be a waste of his talents as a mo-cap actor.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  8. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I think he will play a Jedi (Luke's right hand), like a new kind of Yoda but a different sort of species of course.

9. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Im in for Zeb. Didnt they say there would be a connection to Rebels in the ST?

10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Andy has acted in movies as an actual person and not a CGI character, you know. I hope he's used like this, actually. CGI characters make me nervous. Gollum was decent, but still not 100% flawless. The eyes. Nobody does good CGI eyes.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I honestly think he will be the military man. Everyone is just assuming he will be a cgi motion captured character...but after the horrible Jar Jar mess I doubt they will ever go that route again.

Wou;d be all kinds of awesome if he were Thrawn! (I know -not going to happen)

12. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    At first, I was skeptical, but I's say I'll let him surprise me.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wait a minute...he played Kong? I didn't know that.

cwustudent and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It is, since it was used in TCW.

I think Serkis should play a character covered in prosthetics - just to confuse everyone.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  15. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    Andy is an awesome actor, his mo-cap acting expertise is proving to be a double edged sword though, now people think just because he's been cast it would be a CGI character.

but you know he is at the table read, which means his character figures largely. Anthony Daniels is there so at the very least Andy's role is as big as C3P0 if not bigger.

also i think we have to remember that although Ep7 is a send off to the original Big 3 isnt the ST about expanding the SW universe? so there should be more new characters than a rehash of the old ones or one-offs yeah?

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be good to have a non-human other than Chewbacca in the cast

17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'd like to think that Andy would be playing a live action part rather than a CGI creation. He's earnt it. Bloody fine actor. Watching him in the BBC's adaptation of Little Dorrit at the moment - he's very scary in it.

Darth_Thump and Dewback like this.
  18. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    I actually doubt he will play a Mo-Cap character. Call me crazy, and Im not necessarily against it, but I genuinely don't think that's what JJ wants for this movie.
    I think he'll play a character, probably evil, in heavy makeup and prosthetics

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Archibald Haddock, captain of the ship they need to use to get out of a bad situation. They will find him drunk in the Cantina.

adnin.djakaria likes this.
  20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    He'll play a mo-cap Asian woman. Star Wars needs more diversity.

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I posted an idea on the MVS thread....could a combo of Andy and Max be the Inqusitor?

Rebels is several years before ANH so if the Inquisitor survives, he'd be 40-50 years older...perfect age and we don't know how his species ages.

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    You don't employ MVS, in a live action film, just to do a voice over... I can do a very good MVS voice for a fraction of the cost he'll be charging. ;)

23. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    For the record I adore Jar Jar, but I can very easily see them thinking of this as a good opportunity to take that concept and make a more successful and popular version of it. Besides, it wouldn't feel right to me for the new group to not have an alien in it, and with modern mo-cap tech along with the greatest mo-cap actor alive it seems like a perfect fit. That's not to say he couldn't have a live action role as well though... but I wonder if they might not save that for later in the trilogy for some reason.

24. Lord-Dooku

Lord-Dooku Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    I definitely see him as an alien sidekick of some sort.

Let's face it, the prequel trilogy didn't do a very good job of introducing any memorable non-human characters to the general moviegoing audience - they just understandably re-used Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2 etc. after the disaster of Jar Jar, George wisely generally stepped away from attempting to introduce a main character of that ilk.

I reckon J.J and team will be eager to introduce a new Chewie/Yoda/threepio etc. a major alien character that be a central role through the trilogy and become part of the furniture so to speak, and so naturally they've turned to the industry's most reliable mo-cap and CGI character actor to give it a go.

That, to me, seems like the most logical studio and creative thinking.

25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

You think HK had questionable morality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.