main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Well thought if Andy read his script personargem will use voice it also discards the merger with Max von Sydow

2. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    How do you get either way from the table reading that its CGI or himself as the character ???

3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    He gives away a fair bit in recent interviews. Worth checking them out in the 'cast quotes' thread. :)

4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Personally speaking I hope he plays a flesh and blood actual character. But I just can't see it. He has been quoted as saying his role is more of a cameo than anything, but that could be a smokescreen? Why read a script for a cameo? I believe he's actually playing more of an integral role than he's been letting on so far. The cameo quote initially raised my suspicions. No actor has divulged the importance of the roles they're playing so far. Why would they let Andy say such a revealing thing? Answer is? They wouldn't.

5. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I wonder if he just means it's not as major a role as we've seen from him, at least he's not as heavily featured as Caesar, Gollum, and King Kong were. He could still be the "Chewie" of the ST, where the character is a part of the main gang but with limited screen time.

Jcuk likes this.
  6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I do believe he has indicated the possibility of being in the entire trilogy. I don't know if that's a recurring role or simply mo-cap Imaginarium role(s), but I would imagine it would be a singular and important mo-cap role, perhaps growing as the trilogy progresses. He is a fine actor, but I think him a revolutionary actor as well, and I think his revolutionary talent lends itself best to the fantasy genre of SW. I imagine TPTB wanted him specifically for that specialty and it will serve them and us well.

CairnsTony, Hogsquattle and Jcuk like this.
  7. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep, I agree with that. But in my eyes playing a 'cameo' role pretty much means it's an 'in and out' type deal. That would be a catastrophic waste of Andy's talents. My instinct tells me he's got a major role to play..

8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Catastrophic? Really? Ruin the movie? Sink his career? Cause earthquakes and tsunamis?

9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    No not as in ruin the film and sink his career! Lol. I mean as in terms of maximising the mans brilliant talent. 'We've got a little cameo part for you Andy. No more a few minutes of screen time. Mo cap stuff". That's a waste.

10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Why would they hire an actor of Serkis caliber for a cameo?

Jcuk likes this.
  11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Maybe he is the main antagonist and is only faetured shortly at the end, but plays a much bigger role in the next episodes...

Immortiss likes this.
  12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    For all we know he could be playing the new Yoda of the sequel trilogy. Just because he says his role isn't big doesn't mean he can't show up in future episodes.

13. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    A cameo wouldn`t be at the script reading. Either he is downplaying his role or there has been a huge mistake.

klooney and starocean90 like this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he's playing THE Lead, Caesar Skywalker (he was sitting next to Luke).:p

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Really...? Because freakin' Kitster was at TPM's wizard script reading.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    is that true?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is. In the "making of" documentary released with Episode 1, he is at the script read-through.

Go to the 23 minute mark:

Immortiss, markdeez and starocean90 like this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but why did they have an actor with a minor role at the table read?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It isn't really all that uncommon of a practice. Hence, the possible inference to the size of Andy Serkis' role.

starocean90 likes this.
  20. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    What about Terrence Stamp?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    What about Mas Amedda? Who cares? The point is that Kitster... Kitster... was invited to a script reading. Anything goes.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Wait... what if everyone at the table read will have minor roles and the main actors will be announced later on? :(

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But you're forgetting that Kitster was really the true phantom menace. Wizard.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He's gonna be bugsquat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.