main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

definitely a hint. I personally always wanted to see a Dug sith lord who twirls around a double bladed lightsaber in his legs. I can still hope.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    question:
    If he does use a lightsaber, which would be a better fit for Serkis: Jedi or Sith?

3. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Serkis won't be doing mo-cap for Yoda, right?......... RIGHT?

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well seeing as though Driver, Lupita, Brienne and Ming the Merciless are all rumored to be villains, I'd like to see Serkis play a good guy so Jedi for me.

5. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    That was erroniously reported. He said future Star Wars movies will be using his company when they need Mocap

Dewback likes this.
  6. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    He specifically said ALL star wars projects.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/0...-mo-cap-character-in-star-wars-episode-7.html

CairnsTony and Immortiss like this.
  7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    If they do have cloaked stormtroopers, I could see some motion capture involved in that for using weapons.

8. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    That's an example of the incorrect reporting. He didnt actually say that. And he talked about a little clearer in a different interview

9. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Since we aren't sure Sydow is playing a Villain , I could totally see Serkis as a Sith.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Or another monkey. :p

starocean90 likes this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I actually agree with your sentiment about Serkis and von Sydow. I love them as individual actors and agree that it would be great to see and hear both of them in the flesh, and especially Serkis as a Motion Capture character. I think Star Wars fans might be in for a real treat with Serkis and his specific and unique talent, considering the genre.

With that said, my dream would be Serkis Motion Capture Darth Plagueis and von Sydow as his voice. I think it only justified if the character were to be by nature and stature a momentous occasion in film and in the Star Wars Universe. That is, if the part were integral, immense, profound and of saga spanning import. It has some precedence with Prowse/Andersen playing and James Earl Jones voicing Darth Vader. Although this would be the introduction of the latest methods, with the best in the business.

But like I said, I'm being circumspect and largely wishing druthers. Who knows.

I will say that Serkis describing his part as a 'cameo' (which I think is a bit understated), not having been on set by mid-July, preferring lightsabers to blasters and the absence of MVS in the initial casting read through encourage my particular speculative dream. Of course it will probably never happen.

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It would be awesome if Serkis was Luke's first apprentice–and is now Daisy's teacher.

Rabs and starocean90 like this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Hail Darth Caesar

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Revanfan1
    shouldn't Leia be Luke's first padawan?:p

16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

It should be Darth Koba. Caesar is a Jedi Master

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Sounds like Serkis will play some kind of alien Jedi.

That's cool, but I could see him as Zeb, too.

Han Drolo likes this.
  18. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    we definitely need more alien jedi. Prominent alien jedi. We had yoda and a bunxh of background characters.

19. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    No, seriously...I have been wondering and wondering about Serkis in Ep VII, as we all have...there is no doubt in my mind that he will be playing a mo-cap character -- even if they give him an additional live action role.

But his mo-cap performances are usually too simian to be playing a sapient alien species: King Kong, Cesar .... even Gollum was "degenerate" in the way he moved about...more bestial than human-like. I just couldn't picture bothering to use Andy's mo-cap talents to play some run-of-the-mill Rodian. I thought, perhaps, he might bring his simian talent to playing a Wookiee or his particularly adept bodywork to play a Gungan, but those didn't sit right with me. Any lumbering seven-foot-tall basketball player does just fine in a furry Wookiee suit. And although the idea for Jar Jar Binks was to hire a very physical performer to capture that goofy gait, I just still felt that while Andy could undoubtedly pull it off, Abrams wouldn't seek out his talents for a Gungan character. I will admit that there was that little voice the back of my head that said, "Well, if anyone could redeem Gungans in the eyes of prequel haters, it would be Andy Serkis." But I still felt Andy's talents would be applied in some other way.

And now it has hit me. EWOKS. Those little cannibalistic human-eating* buggers are arguably more bestial than sapient, and they would be well served to be portrayed with a simian gate. Also, there are a lot of Ewok haters out there (Anthony Daniels included). I could totally see Andy performing the mo-cap for multiple Ewok characters, and perhaps making them more palatable for older audience members. He did say he didn't have a prominent roll, and I could see an Ewok or three appearing somewhere in Episode VII for just a scene or something. That's my theory. I think Andy's mo-cap work will be for one or more Ewok characters.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd like to see him be one of Luke's first Padawans and already a full fledged Jedi Knight in the film. And I hope he's a really bad ass Mo-Cap character.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Well written post and I'm not sure if we'll see Ewoks. I will say there are plenty of mo-cap actors to play various roles. Why not Jawas? Surely Serkis is meant for something special.

I did want to point on that Serkis said he had a cameo, not that it wasn't prominent. The role may be small and prominent. Unless I missed something.

22. RobShanti

Jan 6, 2009
    Good point. Thanks for that clarification.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I could see him doing mocap for a noghri, though I doubt any noghri will be in Ep7.

24. RobShanti

Jan 6, 2009
    Yeah, I doubt that too.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope the Noghri come back into canon eventually.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.