main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Whatever happens to KOTOR, I hope that SWTOR stays far away from canon. SWTOR ruins both the movies and KOTOR in my humble opinion.

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Never had a chance to play it. Every KOTOR fan wanted a 3rd. Instead, we got a story that took place 3 centuries later. We wanted more Revan. Instead, we get an absurd storyline with Revan imprisoned while being consumed like a blood bank to a vampire for the entire time. That's Lucasarts for you. Give the people what they didn't ask for instead.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

I really really liked the noghri, i couldnt recall specific details about them but what i do recall is their allegiance and loyalty was unrivaled for a party that at first was loathe to have them. Calling Leia Lady Vader freaked her stuff out. Her coming to grips with that and the noghri characters were just excellent as far as im concerned.

That said...i would like that concept of her fathers mionions/creatures/servants/ect coming back to haunt her (in the mental way as illustrated in the original eu) but in the end its worth it. Problem is i see that as something that occured while her knowledge of who dad was is still fresh in her mind - Having this experience 30 years later - im sure it would be a cool experience but probably not as powerful as if it had occured in the first 5-10 years or so after ROTJ. The Noghri definetly were a mo cap project but Leia having bodyguards 30 years later actually might make more sense in the fact that shes getting older, but at the same time i expect her power in the force to be much stronger by then. If not on film, i hope the story group considers keeping or doing something similar for Leia after the new novels start coming out for the period after ROTJ.

As for KOTOR...i played the first one if thats the right name...go to the hangar, go walk all the way to the other end. walk back to ship. go to planets, walk all the way to other side of map. walk back. walk back and forth 5 times on 3 different doorways of the same planet. Then go back to 4 planets and do it between planets.
    That just killed me..it was all go here and go there and no action or voice box balloons. the only game i liked was that one with the lightsaber you could throw jedi outcast or academy or something like that. But that game didnt inspire any movie or anything for me..

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We also got an absurd retcon that says that Revan and Malak were possessed while they were "Sith". What happened to "I chose to continue down the dark path"? What happened to the whole concept of the Sith (people who chose to be evil)?

5. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    A lost hope. You're reaching far with this one. Lol

6. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Touché.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    O.K......Imagining......imagining......imagining........

.....Yes, my conclusion is that that would be completely and utterly badass!

Import_Jedi likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Exactly ;)

9. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

And now Revan returns, again, as some totally evil nutjob against both the sith AND the republic. At this point I kinda hope Revan is reintroduced into canon and taken out of Bioware's hand. Of course Serkis probably has nothing to do with Kotor even if it IS reintroduced into canon. Unless he plays HK-47

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If he does only have a cameo and his role doesn't grow in the next film what kind of cameo would they hire Serkis for? I think it would have to be an important role even if it wasn't large. He himself said he prefers a lightsaber to a blaster so that definitely points to him being a Force user of some kind. We've heard rumors that in Lucas' story he had Luke going all the way back to the beginning and studying the origins of the Sith. We've heard rumors of flashbacks in the film but does it really make sense to have flashbacks to OT characters they'd have to recast? And we've heard that Darth Ruin plays some type of role in the film. Maybe Luke tells the history of the Sith to Daisy or someone and as he's telling his story we see scenes of Serkis as Darth Ruin as he succumbs to the dark side and slowly becomes more and more monstrous because of it.

I think that would be a cameo worthy of Serkis' talents. And just for fun, here's Serkis a month or two ago:

[​IMG]

And here's a pic of some of the ancient Jedi:

[​IMG]

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Andy Serkis will be the younger version of MVS character ;)

12. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I would prefer him to have his own character. I could get behind him being flashback Ruin.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

You cannot lose something that never was.

Satipo, Dewback and darklordoftech like this.
  14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's not how I see it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

How you see it is not rational. You are bent over something that you personally built up on your own.

Dewback and darklordoftech like this.
  16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

What's interesting is that the background resembles Skellig Michael [face_skull]

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Actually, it doesn't. That "mountain" is a dead fell beast, the Witch-king's mount. This scene is taking place on completely flat fields. :p

Darth Malgus likes this.
  18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

[face_thinking] [face_worried] :oops:[face_tee_hee]:*

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

There is a more positive approach. All the Legends comics, books, etc. are still there and you have all the memories associated with them - I can still remember first discovering the "EU" by finding Heir to the Empire quite by chance in a bookshop, didn't know it was coming out at all, and the Christmas reading The Truce at Bakura, etc..

Now. we are going to get new memories and new stories all over again.

Doubly blessed, I say.

Regardless, it doesn't look like Skellig - no matter what the "mountain" is. ;)

TheBBP likes this.
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    For the love of Salma Hayek, stop with this canon "Duck Season/Wabbit Season" nonsense. Seriously. If you really REALLY REEEEEALLY wanna continue arguing about what is and isn't "canon," we have a lovely section of the boards just for that. It's called the Unban Request Forum.

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Bugs: "You got me, Doc? Would you like to shoot me now or wait to you get home?"
    Daffy: "Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"
    Bugs" "Ohhh, you be quiet. He doesn't have to shoot you now."
    Daffy: " I insist that he shoots me now."
    E. Fudd: "Ohhh, I'm so confused."
    Bugs: "You heard him Doc. He insists that you shoot him now."
    E. Fudd: BLAST!
    Daffy: "You're dissssspicable!"
    [​IMG]

On topic: I hear Andy Serkis loves Looney Tunes. I wonder if this will inform his SW7 mo-cap performance?:p

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I can so see Looney Tunes influencing Andy's mo-cap work both the physical side and the voice work. Andy said his audition for LOTR was inspired by his cat coughing up a fur ball , but if you watch it, you can see some LT inspired facial work.

Jedi Merkurian and Immortiss like this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Who doesn't love Looney Tunes?:confused:

;)

Immortiss and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  25. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    They are going to expand on Revan in the next expansion and give him an actual story. Probably to make up for them glossing over him in the vanilla game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.