main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Navarre

Darth_Navarre Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2014

You're mostly correct, but let me correct one detail (based on what we know, or think we know, at this point in time):

The cyborg with Vader`s helmet = Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) after being hurt BADLY by Luke at the end of the movie.

They guy sitting on the throne and the guy hugging Rey = Luke in seclusion. Possibly "pulling a Yoda" on unwanted guests (i.e. pretending to be crazy/evil).

The guy lightsaber dueling Rey = "Uber" (a "placeholder" design for him - he of course may turn out looking completely different - either human or alien).

So, all that we know for "sure" is that Uber may engage in a lightsaber duel with out heroes, presumably near the end of the movie (on the Ice/Snow Planet). I'm sure his role will be a lot larger, though, rather than just a cameo like the Emperor in TESB.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Are we certain that the difference in design in the concept art is due to no finalized design being settled on at the time the art was produced or is it confirmed to be 2 different characters? Yes... I know that there will be 2 separate villains in the film... I am speaking specifically about the character(s) appearing in the concept art.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    We know it is Kylo Ren who fights Finn and Rey on the snow planet. Serkis is rumored to have a cameo role and, story wise, does not make any sense to have the master fight the apprentices on the first movie. Plus, the cyborg hugging Rey must be Ren too, as we know he is rumored to be injured by Luke and transformed into the new Vader.

4. Salacious Crumbs

Salacious Crumbs Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2014
    Maybe Ren is injured early on. The were rumors of an opening space battle featuring Driver's character. Would explain the pilot duds.

nightangel and Njfritz like this.
  5. Njfritz

Njfritz Jedi Master star 3

Oct 2, 2014
    That...actually makes complete sense.

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

But what about the rumours he is injured by Luke at the end of the movie? Or he suffers more injuries later on?

7. Salacious Crumbs

Sep 25, 2014

I dunno. Supposing he's injured and goes full cyborg at the end of the movie, what about the cyborg-y concept art that seems to take place earlier, the one with Rey?

8. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    How can one go "full cyborg"? That's an oxymoron.

9. Salacious Crumbs

Sep 25, 2014

Ah, you caught me being silly. I just meant "becomes a cyborg, whatever that entails." I was not suggesting that he completely replaces every bit of his body with cybernetics or anything like that.

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

So we are probably gonna see a Anakin transformation combining his injuries from episode II and III in one movie now with Kylo? [face_thinking]

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  11. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    We know there is a part in which he is already a cyborg and has Daisy. We just don´t know the order of the sequences. Is Luke already free from his own darkness by the time the fight on the snowed forest take place?.

My bet is that Kylo Ren is pictured as a cyborg in the concept arts but he is not a machine until the last act.

nightangel likes this.
  12. Salacious Crumbs

Sep 25, 2014
    Yeah, I mean it seems that he's completed his transformation by the end of the movie. So I guess we're gonna get the villain's origin story in 7, and he'll be back in 8 and 9 for further villainy.

nightangel likes this.
  13. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    The most intriguing part for me is what is going to be Serkis role in terms of importance. If he is, as Mizzlewump claimed, Palpatine´s lost apprentice, I can totally see what he claimed about Kylo taking control of the power dynamic between the two of them. Maybe then Serkis is just in for the first movie and Kylo Ren is the big baddie of the trilogy.

Mind Palpatine was never defeated by Luke directly. It was Vader who did it, and had to caught Palps with the guard down, as on a direct conforntation either Luke or Vader would have been able to outpower Palpatine. But, if Serkis is a villain that is going to stay as the most powerful baddie along the trilogy, then we ight need Luke to confront him, as the newbies will probably have to take down Kylo Ren.

If Serkis is not the main threat in IX, maybe Luke is not around until that late neither.

14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

would be really strange if such a big baddie is taken out of the game too early and noone is pulling the strings from behind.

Darth Malgus likes this.
  15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think Luke and Kylo Ren were deformed in a battle against each other that took place years before the movie starts similar to Vader and Kenobi.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The main villain will have been taken out in the opening crawl. Succinct storytelling.

17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Like slashed each others hands off simultaniously?

18. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Why does Ren have to be a full Cyborg? I want a bad guy who isn't all messed up and breathing like he has asthma. I want to see a Sith Lord who isn't held back by a bunch of robotics. Don't get me wrong, a robotic arm isn't bad, but a dude in a walking life support suit has been done (Vader). I think it was explained somewhere in the EU that he couldn't use force lightning cause of his mechanical body.

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I agree with dlbates, Why must there a full cyborg for Ren? I'd like him and Serkis' characters to stand on their own with very little Vader/Palpatine influence if possible.

dlbates and Darth_Bertie like this.
  20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I think MVS is going to be the only cyborg with lots of cybernetic parts. I'm not convinced Ren will be a cyborg at all, and I don't believe Luke will be anymore cyborg than he already is. As for the character Serkis is playing, I like the idea of him being zombie-like, kinda like Darth Sion from KotoR II, more so than him being any kind of cyborg.

21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The guy with Vader`s helmet is clearly a cyborg..

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No, it's Robocop.

Rookhelm and Darth Malgus like this.
  23. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    As far as we can see, he has a robotic hand and half of his face injured. He could have damaged just those two areas and avoid the whole "if you remove the suit you die" theme that was present with Vader.

24. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I thought MSW said recently that he seen concept art of what was clearly suppose to be MVS & he had no visible cybernetics?

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I must have missed that or at the very least do not recall reading it. If this is the case then I withdraw my previous ponderings regarding MVS.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.