main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    He is the Prime Wookie.

Darth Caliban and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I think him being too similar to Palpatine is what bothers me the most. He is really just a generic Emperor with no story or substance. I hope he does return in 9 to fill in some of that substance we have been missing. Yeah Palpatine showed up in 6 with really no backstory or where/who he was, but he got a PT to show us all of the answers. In 9, we aren't getting a PT to the ST so I hope something is resolved. At least show how he met Kylo or his connection to anyone in the OT era.

Gobi-1, Shadao and DARTH_BELO like this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ...Or at the very LEAST, be allowed to know SOMETHING about him-at ALL. And not have to be resigned to reading it in some obscure one page blurb in some book or other...

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    A strange decision taken in which they felt the First Order, and Snoke in particular were in no need of any kind of explanation and backstory.
    All it required was a few sentences about how the Emperors contingency plan was discovered and just what it entailed.
    And how the Empire remnants have returned from the Unknown Regions reorganised as the FO, led by a mysterious Supreme Leader who remains elusive..

BalanceOfTheForce, Gobi-1 and Rodie like this.
  5. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Right? That’s all Hux had to say to an imperial worker in TFA. Now going forward it really doesn’t fit in episode 9.

6. My Palpatine Eyes

My Palpatine Eyes Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2018
    I'd be happy to see Snoke come back, but I'm not expecting it to actually happen. I'll just wait to learn about him in books or comics.

7. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Snoke was clearly not more powerful then palpatine as his death proved

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Exactly. This could have been a line or two from Hux in that grandiose speech, or just dialog between Kylo and Snoke.

The Emperor had battalions of armed forces and scientists exploring the Unknown Regions of the galaxy. Palatine also has a base there where he keeps his Sith artifacts, Jedi lore, etc. His own "Temple"....These Imperial explorers whereabouts were unknown, though, to most, and the new Republic couldn't find them after taking over. The hidden Imperials waited 10 years after Endor, secretly preparing to fight back and reorganize as the First Order...Not only that but they return with a mysterious man they found in the unknown regions whose powers are unmistakable and who has seized control from the Imperial admirals....How hard would that have been? And what a novel or animated series that could have made!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    DARTH_BELO, Jcuk and KSennia like this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    In my mind it unquestionably needed something akin to this. You’re following on a full 30 years after Return of the Jedi. These characters..the Empire remnants, the New Republic.
    Ok I’ll admit that as the film ticked over you began to get a fair idea of just what had happened.
    But still no First Order and Empire words though. Which was a mistake

10. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    You kidding? They had him just toy with Rey and Kylo like they weren't even in his league pure force power wise. Palpatine was powerful but never showed pure force power like that.

My guess is they will explain it eventually by him tapping into some power source in the unknown regions.

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    it seems the new eu is showing how powerful Palpatine truely is by the clone wars and rebels. to the point that i ask way snoke seems so weak in comperison

12. lawton

May 12, 2015
    We just see it different then. They had Rey showing crazy raw force power and Snoke just toys with her like she isnt even there.

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    may i ask have you seen rebels and clone wars. But yes i guess we see differently

lawton likes this.
  14. lawton

May 12, 2015
    Yes I have seen a lot of him in that.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  15. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Palpatine was thrown down a reactor by his 50 year old Ashmatic one handed apprentice

moxlox and lawton like this.
  16. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Am i the only one who was able to read the short description of Ren's character before it was taken down? It came out about a year before the force awakens. It didn't even have his name or that he was a Skywalker. It stated he was a dark side apprentice who would overthrow his master sooner than expected. It also called him an anti-Luke. Snoke was never meant to be more than a stepping stone. That's what's cool about Ren. He's not just another Vader who is chained to a master. He is the master now.

DannyD likes this.
  17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    darth vader was more then that

moxlox likes this.
  18. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I don't think JJ will bring him back, he might not even be mentioned. His story is done, born to die.

dlbates and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Even if it's a bit frustrating, killing off Snoke so early is what allows the story to get past the usual dark side master/apprentice dynamic of previous SW movies. Bringing back Snoke would make no sense from a narrative point of view.

DannyD likes this.
  20. lawton

May 12, 2015
    The last movie really limits what can be done with Ep 9 (Snoke etc.) unless they decided they were just going to change some stuff which I doubt they do.

21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    What does it limit? You mean about about Snoke? In that case yes since he's dead. But for the story it opens it since se never saw the apprentice killing the master and taking over for good.

22. lawton

May 12, 2015
    I thought it should have been saved for part of the 3rd movie along with the other death. I just personally don't see how they will make a real compelling 3rd movie now with both of those things. I guess he might could save it a little with a few flashbacks maybe. Just my opinion on it.

23. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Hello darkness my old friend...

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Glad to be rid of the CGI villain. CGI villains have just never worked for me.

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In TFA and TLJ we hear Leia and Luke mention Snoke by name. What did they really know about Snoke? Did they have personal interactions with him? Does all of Luke and Leia's knowledge of Snoke come from Luke reading Ben's mind in the hut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.