main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Especially when....

1. The Visual Dictionary says Snoke always concealed his true self even from those who had contact with him -- so did they kill a body-double. Or did he also create that illusion in their minds, that he was able to manipulate all movie.
    2. JJ Abrams has said IX will tie all three trilogies together -- that must mean Plagueis, he's the only possible option from the PT
    3. Rian said something like, "I didnt want Snoke to explain who he was, saying something like I am Darth Plagueis, because Rey wouldn't understand what that means, oh, and im not saying he's Darth Plagueis".....in saying Darth Plagueis first thing in his mind, suggests it is Darth Plagueis. He could've said, "Prime Jedi" or "Whill" instead, but chose Plagueis. Kind of like a Freudian slip.
    4. JJ's working title for IX is "Black Diamond" which Snoke wore on his ring finger.

Those kinds of things hint Snoke could be really alive, and, that he could be Plagueis.

Or, it's another red herring to keep us talking for two years :p

2. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    and when snoke/plagueis comes back...the remaining jedi will realize that this type of enemy cannot be defeated through combat, or a force 'challenge'...and in keeping with the idea of balance...the Jedi will realize they are the cause for the manifest evil in snoke/palpatine/plagueis....and that the only way to rid the universe of such evil is to go ghostly and join the force...using the force itself and the ensuing vacuum would draw all the evil power out of snoke, allowing all of his otherwise mortal wounds consume and kill him.

We also saw where yoda, albeit a force ghost, was able to affect the physical world..via lighting to tree. Now that it has been established that force ghosts can physically interact with the real world...opens up so many possibilities.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's a little more than that, the blue hue effect from being a Force-ghost disappeared and he seemed to become whole again. He brought down the lightening strike and whacked Luke on the head with his gimmer stick.

Everything you thought you knew about Force-ghosts and the netherworld may be next to nothing, Yoda and Luke as well as Snoke may have evolved into Force-wielder like beings.

Darth Caliban, RKR and Darth Mikey like this.
  4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I don't want Snoke to return as a major antagonist, but maybe as a vision or hallucination to Kylo. He is 99% certainly not Plagueis at this point, so I'm content with what we saw in the films. I'd be interested in a novel explaining his origins (I think it would be cool if Maz or Yoda was his Jedi Master once, that's just me) but I want Kylo to be the big dark side user in IX.

5. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    Of course! It was staring us right in our faces.....

---------------

So at the end of the film Kylo and Rey have another mind-skype.

Wasn't it Snoke linking their minds?

There you go, JJ, perfect loophole saying Snoke lives!

6. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    That’s true. I thought Yoda looked weird, and not transparent. Even though they have ascended into what is believed to be the greatest possible power for a Jedi or Force user, becoming a Force Ghost, perhaps there are even higher planes of existence. Lucas toyed with the idea of Kenobi becoming flesh again through the Force. Maybe they’ll go with this, and Yoda learned it post death. Perhaps Snoke knew it all along. He wasn’t afraid of Kylo killing him, because he would come back even more powerful. Imagine the shock of Kylo sitting on the throne, and suddenly Snoke walks in

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There's been rumours for such a long time now about TCWs Mortis arc being used as a template for future films, it was never explained how and what they'd do but it leaves open an opportunity to go beyond what the audience thinks they know.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    if you think of it we only saw force ghosts occasionaly in the OT. One minute of Force Ghosts, that's a bit short to fully understand it and what they can do or how it works. Who knows what being one with force really meeans? It's another plane of existence...The Mortis arc is a good example. With the spiritual world of the Force you can take things in many directions if you dare. It's not because we didn't see it in previous films that it can't work. Remember people in 1980 saw force ghosts for the first time in TESB and some may have thought "hey there was no force ghost in Star Wars! WTF is happening!!!! They ruined the previous film and SW lore!!!!"

Darkspellmaster and Darkslayer like this.
  9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting detail about Snoke the Bloke.

Plagueis isn’t the only possibility of tying everything together. How about Anakin? And what about Kenobi, especially with a possible Kenobi film coming out a year after IX? But that’d be tricky to have a Kenobi Force Ghost.

If tying everything has to do with a character, Anakin is a better choice. Plagueis is refered to once in ROTS. Big deal. Anakin is Luke’s father, Leia’s father, and Ren’s grandfather. TFA Art book had the Anivader Force Ghost. Time for Anakin and Luke to tell Ren he effed up. And time for the Skywalker lineage to end—too powerful.

So maybe it’s Anakin. Or R2. Lucas one time, IIRC, said the droids would be the only characters in all 9 films. And it’s R2, IIRC, who told the Whills the story of the Saga.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  10. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I really don't think Snoke is alive and will be a big twist in episode IX. The story they are going is extremely superficial, no big baddie that will tie up all the movies.
    I'm not saying i liked what they did with Snoke in TLJ, the character is just awfully written. But bring him back, appear for a few minutes and die once again doesn't make sense.

11. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    My guess is that Snoke is the first Jedi/Sith, referenced in that mural in the first Jedi temple. He can wield both sides, including the ability to become a Ghost, but also the ability to abuse the balance of the Force and the cycle of life and death to create life, for himself. Clues to this knowledge will be contained in those first Jedi texts, perhaps with one key page or text gone missing, maybe obtained by Maz Kanata, a collector of Force relics.

Even if Snoke doesn't come back to life in 9, I still think we could learn things about Snoke that are relevant to the overall story at hand, or perhaps the threat of him returning could be a part of it. (Also, Snoke being a ghost would mirror Luke and the other remnants of the Skywalker saga, and so I could see Episode 9 ending with all the Force Ghosts returning to the Force forever or something, bringing an end to the 9-part Skywalker saga)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  12. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm in the camp that believes there is more to Snoke and Rey's parentage than was revealed in TLJ. I am excited to see what happens going forward. I think there are a number of hints in the visual dictionary and the like that simply cannot be ignored. It's an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan.

13. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003

I Agree, I doubt we will see a reborn Snoke in any form. We may see Snoke in a Kylo Ren flashback scene that alludes to his origin. Snoke as Force ghost is possible, but I doubt it. I would rather see an evolved more powerful and confident Kylo Ren over a Snoke reincarnation.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You misspelled "worst."

:p

15. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    my spider sense keeps telling me, Kylo is seriously conflicted between the light and the dark...heck, he keeps needing 'help' to keep on the path of the dark side. I also cant imagine spending the time that was spent to create the Snoke character....just to have him go down like such a punk. Someone who has been around for as long as he has...and clearly has been killed or almost killed, many times before...i dont think is that easy to truly kill.

I do believe he is Plageuis...if only because all of the info we have, that seems the most likely answer. If snoke were anakin/vader...we know how arrogant he was, he wouldnt keep the fact that he is vader to himself...vader has too much galactic street cred to not use it. I will say tho, i would love to see light side anakin as a ghost contribute in the last film....where we can see a truly 'saved' anakin finally do his thing and bring balance to the force.....Qui Gon....told us he was the one....I trust Qui Gon. :)

"You !dont! understand the power of the darkside" -how many times have we explicitly been told this....maybe its true. :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    This is a good point. How will Kylo handle this internal conflict without a master guiding and honing him? He surely falls of the deep end.

FilmAccountant likes this.
  17. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Not a loophole. Snoke created it. His death doesn’t necessary close the portal.

Darkspellmaster and EzraSnoke like this.
  18. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I think we'll learn Snoke was a great student of the Force and Kylo raids all his research materials... He certainly won't want Snoke back..... but he may well become LIKE Snoke, i.e. his features twisted.

19. Anna H.

Anna H. Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2017
    I hope Snoke doesn't return. I mean, the plot, characters and lunacy of what the force is capable lately feels like a Frankenstein monster stitched together desperately trying to stay alive. This might sound taboo, but I absolutely can't stand Andy Serkis. I think he is terrible with motion capture. Where motion capture tried to capture very natural movements to make the creature believable, Andy has this awful habit of purposely trying to move himself to look very soft and animated... It's as if he is trying to *act* like CG rather than recording normal human movement. He did it in Lord of the Rings and he did it as Snoke. Please! No more!

20. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    I assumed he was just there to hold space until Kylo could rise to the throne. I think people got carried away with Snoke theories.

21. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    He can’t wield both sides. He’s darker and more powerful than Palpatine and Vader.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

Dandelo likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I think there's a good chance that we'll learn that Snoke has a twin brother which has everybody freaked out at first but then it'll come to light that his twin is an all around cool dude who's retired and stays at home and watches pod racing and drinks beers with his feet up so everybody's going to be all, "phew! We dodged a bullet with that one".

Siphonophore and EzraSnoke like this.
  24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    https://media.giphy.com/media/AEMyf9Oj6MpS8/giphy.gif
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  25. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I still have a feeling that it'll be the Eternal Empire if not Plaguies. All signs at least point to the idea of a body jump. That's not to mention the apprentice that they put in in regard to the souvenir guide about him.

KSennia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.