main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But it doesn't state if this apprentice is in the past tense, but may be the key words are at least one other...but I feel this is something by the story group for the new EU.

2. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Yes Snoke is not dead, also Luke did not die, Rey's parents will turn out to be somebody after all, Han will be a Force Ghost and will start the new Jedi academy and lastly Phasma is the one that will come back in IX and help Finn turn Kylo back to the good side. Phasma is Rey's mother as well, Hux is related to Rey as well.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Man...I've seen TLJ twice now. I need to see it again. I was sure Snoke was dead! I was all this time hoping Snoke would turn out to be Plagueis, and Snoke being "killed" in TLJ was the single thing I disliked about the film. I mean there was SO much build up about his character-just to off him suddenly at the strangest time, and we're all just supposed to move on and...forget about him?!?!?

I will say though that I personally feel that after him being sliced in half-on a ship that is slowly blowing up, that it seems unlikely Snoke would still be alive. But there are some interesting arguments on this thread, it's given me much to ponder. Part of me hopes it's true, and another part of me is just asking myself if we're all just seeing what we WANT to see. Either way, if it IS true that we see he is Plagueis in IX (although I am much less convinced of it now than I was before) then I will for sure cheer out loud in the theater!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Snoke was not created with what appear to be fatal wound scars for no reason.

If he was able to survive those blows, what is being cut in half?

I would not be the least bit surprised if we see him on the war path to get back at Kylo in IX

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Darkslayer likes this.
  5. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    "We’ve seen dead Jedi come back as blue ghosts. Maybe Sith can come back. And maybe there’s some all powerful Sith that’s controlling whatever the dark side is. We did talk a lot about how the final battle frontier for Jedi might be in the spirit realm. So you have to have a bad-guy ghost." - Johnson on the Sith ghost concept art in TLJ.

I definitely think we could get ghost Snoke in Episode 9. And seeing Yoda affecting the real world, as well as the physical interaction in the force projections, perhaps we'll learn how ghosts are actually able to return to a fully physical form, if the Force is manipulated the right way. I mean, if a body can just turn into nothing by joining the Force, perhaps the reverse is also possible.

Now, I personally don't need Snoke to come back to life, but I wouldn't mind the threat of his return. I also can see it being narratively linked with any Rey / ghost Luke stuff, with Rey wondering why Luke won't get more involved and find a way to come back permanently.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. FilmAccountant

FilmAccountant Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm not completely convinced Snoke is dead. The filmmakers left that door open in TLJ when they showed how powerful Snoke and Luke are at manipulating the minds of others and creating illusions.

It was interesting that Snoke said Luke was very "wise" for going to Ahch-To to die. I'm not sure why he said that. At first I thought it was because Snoke's acknowledging that Luke's plan to die will hurt the dark side, but then I realized that Snoke wants Luke to die, so that can't be it. So maybe what Snoke is acknowledging is Luke's search for the first Jedi temple and ancient knowledge, and that's what is wise about his actions. I'm not sure.

Snoke is also very aware that the Force was going to bring about a strong light-side user to counter Kylo Ren's growing dark-side power. And he seems pleased with himself that he was correct about that prediction. He seems very aware of the moves the Force will make, but still views Luke and Rey as threats that need to be destroyed.

The Snoke entry of the TLJ Visual Dictionary also drops some hints that Snoke rarely shows his true form and keeps his cards close to his chest.

All of this lays the foundation for J.J. to bring Snoke back, or he could leave Snoke dead in IX. I think it could go either way.

From all the evidence, though, if Snoke is still is alive, it seems that his primary goal is keep the Force unbalanced and the galaxy in chaos for some reason. If his death was an illusion to push Kylo further along his dark path, and to take control of the First Order, then Snoke's more interested in this unbalance and chaos more than he's interested in leading the First Order.

Andy Serkis said Snoke was more powerful than Vader and the Emperor. This far into a franchise we're expected to encounter a demigod-like big bad that was always behind-the-scenes and must be confronted with an unconventional way of defeating him.

So we might find that Snoke (or whoever he is or whatever he is) is still alive, he grew and lead the First Order until passing it on to Kylo while simultaneously faking his death, and his ultimate goal is keeping the Force unbalanced and the galaxy in a state of perpetual war or total domination. Not sure what the motivation for that might be. Maybe just the feeling of being a god?

Even if he's not Plagueis, if Snoke is alive in IX, it seems that his character was at least influenced by the Plagueis character.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Siphonophore likes this.
  7. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    @FilmAccountant I assumed Snoke was saying Luke was "wise" for wanting the Jedi to end. Hence the following line "we will give him and the Jedi Order the death he desires".

As for his potential motivation in keeping the galaxy in perpetual conflict and chaos, perhaps he can "feed" off it in a sense (like Abeloth from Legends)? Perhaps he is planning some arcane Dark Side technique to draw upon the dark side energy such conflict/chaos will facilitate (like Vitiate from Legends)?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    FilmAccountant likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Really the chances of Snoke appearing in 9 are slim to none for me.

9. FilmAccountant

FilmAccountant Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    That went right over my head. I thought there was something more to it than just that Snoke was agreeing, "Yes, the Jedi Order needs to end." I keep thinking that Luke has other motivations for ending the Jedi Order other than that he just thinks their teachings are fundamentally flawed, but that may just be it.

10. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Possibly, but what you have in mind? If he had motivations beyond being completely disillusioned with the Old Jedi Order, I don't think he would've seemed so dejected, distraught and purposeless in the early parts of TLJ

11. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    For me, the chances of Snoke appearing in epiosode 9 have been cut in half.

12. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I'm hoping it turns out that not only is he not dead, but that he's actually several Porgs standing on top of each other wearing a silly mask and robe.

Or...he's the Smoke monster from LOST.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    [face_clown]

Darkslayer and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So, will we see the legs or the body again?

Darkslayer and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Was it Snoke's left hand that was severed from his arm, which then fell from the throne and onto the floor? If so, was the ring still on the hand? That might be difficult to spot, especially if the hand is facing the wrong direction to spot the jewel. Perhaps the ring somehow works in conjunction with the oculus.
    I can't remember who said their sister theorized a possible body jump into Hux....... just minutes before reading that theory yesterday, I was thinking about who I thought Snoke would perhaps possess and hide within, and I thought Hux could be a possible option.

16. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they put Snokes hand next to Lukes hand and show it together in a vitrine in IX as an easter egg.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe we will also see Anakin’s hand from Episode 2 :p

Darth Smurf likes this.
  18. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Not to forget this one as well.
    Would be fun if the upper part of Snoke is still alive, wakes up and slaps Hux with all those hands at beggining of Episode IX

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's it! We have a winner! Let's close it up!

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  20. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I would like to learn more about Snoke. Do you think he'll return in some form for Episode 9 or will his backstory most likely be explored at some point in a novel or comic?

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh I hope not...

Avnar likes this.
  22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The purpose of his death was to give more room for Ben Solo as the bad guy and to prevent Episode IX from running into the same situation as Return of the Jedi. Him staying dead doesn't prevent IX from giving more information or having him appear in some sort of flashback, but a proper return doesn't fit into the story.

23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Yes! Kylo Ren will start feeling weird one day after drinking a worm filled blue milk and vomit up this sith beast with snoke's face on it, which will slither away.....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This poll is going the exact way I thought it would.

25. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    If he is Darth Plagueis and he's alive it would be a twist for sure. It would also connect 9 to the saga like they wanted to. Should he? I guess not since he would get in the way of Rey and Kylo's story, but at the same time I feel like Rey needs a bigger threat than Kylo because we all know she will take him down easily. Plus his return could have Luke face off against him, but idk people say its redundant, and I agree, but if done well I wouldn't mind it.

I'm torn either way. If he's not in 9 fine. I just hope his history with Kylo and where he came from is explained. That's all I need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.