main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I was a little annoyed that they did this, as I'll admit to being responsible for posting a lot of the "Snoke is Sim Aloo" speculations in various places online. It would've been so easy to do- all they'd need was one passing line about how he escaped the Endor battle or saw Vader and the Emperor die. Luckily, there's nothing stopping them from doing this in IX. If nothing else, it would provide some appropriate backstory.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    One thing that is now lost is any sort of explanation as to why his injuries were so similarly placed to Anakin's.

They may give some narrative backstory but something like the 1:1 injuries is now certainly just a questionable design choice.

CEB likes this.
  3. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    I agree about Snoke, but Ren is not a good no.1 villian ... I hope he proves me wrong in ep IX ..

4. JoeWarner

JoeWarner Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2018
    Snoke is dead, end of story. His overconfidence was his weakness, he went out worse then the Emperor.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Worse than Boba :p

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He at least outperformed Zuvio!

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [face_frustrated]

8. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    They are not 1:1. They are not even 5:1. Yes, they both have a gash on the head, but last I saw, Snoke had arms and legs...and is also not a human. The only thing they have in common is that the letter "K" comes fourth in each of their names. Seeing 1:1 is a just a wee bit of a stretch of the imagination...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. Conspirators09

Conspirators09 Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2018
    His story is done. I loved how Serkis played him and his death was easily the most shocking development of The Last Jedi.

10. Davrum

Davrum Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    Snoke's story cannot be relegated to the past yet if the ST is to be seen as a complete work for two main reasons:
    1. Snoke's story is an integral part of the stories of Rey, Ben, Luke, Leia and Han. They could barely be any more intertwined. Everything the Big Five have experienced in the ST has been due to Snoke. Without the telling of his story their stories will never be considered told in full.
    2. Rey's task is, essentially, to confront the works of Snoke. The First Order is Snoke's work. Kylo Ren is Snoke's work. The fact Kylo Ren defeated Snoke does not change that. And anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size knows that one must know thine enemy. And I believe there is plenty of evidence Rey has an IQ higher than her shoe size. She would have to be an utter buffoon not to learn all she can about Snoke before going head to head with Snoke-made Kylo Ren and his Snoke-made goons again. And maybe it's just me, but I don't believe Rey is an utter buffoon.

ETA: Yes, when I refer to shoe-size I mean on an Earthean shoe-size scale. I also mean IQ on the Earthean IQ scale. I realize this is Earthist of me, but what are you gonna do ... nobody's perfect.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    oncafar likes this.
  11. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    These are exactly my thoughts as well.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Unless he's not dead and just became very sleepy after being cut in half. After sufficient nap he was back to his old self minus his legs.:p

13. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
  14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    After seeing it a few times and more deliberation (not to mention as well as hearing many others' theories), I voted the Plagueis option. I would love if it were true, but I have almost completely lost hope. I almost voted "he is done," but I couldn't bring myself to-cos him being killed was the one thing I really did NOT like about TFA. I could ultimately wrap my mind around everything else, but that one I just.....couldn't accept. So I will stubbornly (and perhaps childishly) hold on to my last remaining glimmer of hope that he might still be Plagueis, like I had thought ever since the 2015 Celebration panel...

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Snoke's out of the picture now, so there's no reason for him to return. TFA dropped the ball on providing any exposition on him, and TLJ didn't follow through either. Kylo has always been the more compelling villain anyway.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Flashback about early interaction between Snoke and Kylo please.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about Snoke showing young Ben how to fly a starfighter properly
    [​IMG]

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If the internet was around during the OT Boba Fett never would've become a cult favorite. Everybody would've just complained that he didn't do jack and then comically died.

19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'd like to learn more about Snoke but it seems like the moment has passed (at least in the ST).
    Maybe they could bring him back if they wanted to have some sort of spiritual confrontation between Snoke and Luke whilst Kylo and Rey had their confrontation in the real world?

20. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Since I can't recall the 2015 panel you speak of, which part of the 2015 celebration are you referring too that made you think Snoke is Plagueis? (can you elborate?)

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Snoke won't be back, he had to split...

22. TKLS

TKLS Jedi Padawan

Sep 10, 2017
    I’m hoping for Plagueis—to tie the three trilogies together. And it would make Maul’s survival after being cut in half mean more.

23. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    With

Time travel being introduced as a real thing now in Rebels,

Anything is possible. Although, the cutting in half of Snoke's body does make that tougher.

run_luke_run likes this.
  24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That issue is being blown out of proportion, IMO. The Clone Wars had the Father and the realm of Mortis, which pushed the franchise into different directions. But that's where it remained. It was relevant to the story they were telling and was self contained. The Father's body vanished and Mortis disappeared.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I bet you anything that when we finally do get Snoke's back-story (in the form of novels and comics, more than likely), he will be depicted as being quite angelic in appearance.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.