main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't one of the rumors speculate that Kylo would dispense of Snoke relatively early on? If Kylo was to grow strong enough to kill Snoke and assume the First Order's leadership, that would be a twist we haven't seen yet. Yes, Vader did kill Palpatine, but he was back to being Anakin and was saving his son. Kylo killing Snoke to assume leadership would be different, especially if Kylo doesn't have a chance of being redeemed.

2. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Kylo better really make sure Snoke has increased his power a lot through more training then. He wasn't even ready to face a simple scavenger previously.

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Yeah, obviously it was only a rumor. Still, that would be interesting to see.

lawton likes this.
  4. lawton

May 12, 2015

I doubt the scenario happens until Ep 9 but I could see where they have some big confrontation with the force users near the end of Ep 9 and Kylo backstabs Snoke killing him Sith style wanting to take over and then fights Rey after that for the final fight maybe.

JediLight and Darth Smurf like this.
  5. lawton

May 12, 2015

I agree just joking about that ending that still bugs me a little bit despite his injuries.

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    c) Kylo grows amazingly strong and let's Snoke posses him/use his power willingly, with the promise that Kylo will rule everything and be the most powerful force-user ever.

Yeah, Kylo doesn't have the same relationship to Snoke, as Vader did to the Emperor. Vader hated the Emperor, but was obedient. Kylo seems to like Snoke, but doesn't really obey him too much. I get the sense that Kylo is out for Kylo.

Although I can totally seeing Kylo get rid of Snoke to take control... imagine if Snoke is using Kylo and goes all force-vampire on him, and really will throw him away when he's done with him. Imagine Kylo, in the end, drained of his force powers left with nothing. I have no idea how that even makes sense, or logically works, but the idea that Kylo loses the 'thing' that he believes is his, would be kind of interesting.

Snoke being locked away by both the Jedi and the Sith, is interesting too. If Snoke is some sort of vampire-force-draining being, living off the force-blood of his victims, it could explain why the Jedi and Sith fear him. It could explain why Luke is hidden away. He understands that if he gets to close to Snoke, Snoke might be able to just drain his powers or kill him outright. Temptation, which Luke already beat, doesn't even factor into it; Snoke just takes what he wants, he doesn't have to rely on seduction or temptations. That's...dangerous. Being the last Jedi, master or not, it's too risky to be out where Snoke/Dark side could just take him.

7. cbwhu

cbwhu Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 10, 2016
    I said yesterday that we';ve not seen the Sith tradition of Apprentice rising up and taking over from Master and thatI expect Kylo to

PCCViking likes this.
  8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    If Snoke was banished by Jedi and Sith, might that mean they need a Sith to do away with him again? Hmmmmmm

9. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Probably Rey and Ren team up to take down Snoke.

10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Been pondering different ways that Snoke will try to bring Rey to the Dark Side. One idea I had, as part of my Rey Kenobi theory was this:

Snoke tries to drive a wedge between Master and apprenctice, just as he did Ben Solo, utilizing aspects of family, just as he did Ben Solo, and legacy, just as he did Ben Solo. Imagine if Luke's only family tie eventually becomes Ben himself. He thinks perhaps he can save him the way he did his father, who seemed even further removed. He can still sense good in Ben Solo. Rey, instead sees him as a monster, and wants to kill him and it's Luke holding her back from that.

Imagine something like this:

SNOKE: "Periods of balance and imbalance between the Light and Dark have existed since the dawn of time. Every few generations each side believes that they've found THE new leader who will fulfill their prophecy. And... each and every time they've been wrong. My kind have sensed every significant awakening. Every single one. Both Light and Dark. We had visions of Anakin Skywalker over a thousand years ago. Visions, however, can mislead. For in each and every one our visions we saw Anakin Skywalker die at the hands of your grandfather, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and usher in an unprecedented reign of the Light to the galaxy. The Jedi thrived under Kenobi, he met your grandmother, they settled on the lush green planet of Jakku, they had your mother and later you were born. I have been waiting over a thousand years in this Carbonite tomb for your arrival."

REY: "But none of that happened."

SNOKE: "Oh but it has, Rey... You'll understand that with more training. Training that only I can provide. Which is why I am here before you now. It is time for you to complete your Grandfather's destiny and end the Skywalkers. I can give you both of them today. Neither realizes your true potential."

REY: "I can't. I don't believe you."

SNOKE: "Do you really believe Luke Skywalker will choose to help you over his own flesh and blood? The Skywalkers have always put their own family interests above others."Do you want to meet your mother and father? I know how to communicate with them. I can give that to you and so much more."

Something like that would be a pretty wild way to try and tempt Rey to the Dark Side.

11. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Are these imprisoned Snoke rumors left over from the Ep. VII Luke is guarding a tomb story?

El_Machete12 likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I like these rumours. That's it, though. I refuse to get attached to anything I like ever again ever since the tomb rumour. I'm still crying about that one.

13. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    So much for those experts who found him to be a ripoff of Palpatine, Voldemort, and someone else I can't remember. A lot of thought was put into his appearance.

14. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I would think so, but if these rumors are true, what will give them the ability to do so?

15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Luke trains Rey and Snoke trains Kylo.

16. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    the power of love?

17. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    because it's a mysterious thing...

18. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I hope there is something interesting about Snoke's origins and his motivation, and all that tying into other aspects of the saga. I don't want him to just be a replacement of Palpatine and the new old leader guy for the new trilogy.

oncafar likes this.
  19. lawton

May 12, 2015

I would be really surprised if he wasn't. Pretty sure Snoke's history will end up going way back.

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. I dig the idea that Snoke is an ancient 'mummy' of sorts that has been sealed away, or reawakened. Or, has been simply watching the Empire's downfall but bided his time.

21. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    There's still something about Gallius Rax that makes me think that Snoke is either pulling his strings in Aftermath or he's about to and they have a close relationship rebuilding the first order. I've quickly gone past Rax = Snoke. It doesn't make sense.

However reading through aftermath: LD recently, you pick up things like Rax (wendig) making it clear to the reader that Hux needs to be brought into the fold because of rebuilding with children, that they need to disappear to rebuild. Hell there is a sentence in the book (can't remember page number) where Rax is about to call the rebuilding effort the "first order".

If we compare where aftermath finishes in life debt with TFA's representation of the first order, snoke has basically implemented Rax's exact vision. Would a competitor do things exactly like their rival? Whether Snoke waited and knocked off Rax after they rebuilt, or he's been in contact with Rax since the fall of the empire, there is a close connection that will surely be explored.

22. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i've seen it mentioned a few times that in the novelization rey hears *snoke* urging her to kill kylo ren (though of course she wouldn't know who it is probably). i don't remember the novelization ever making it clear it was snoke. i'm wondering if there is more to this?

(i'm asking this here because it was brought up in this thread too and whatever the answer, it speaks to the character of snoke and his intentions.)

i had thought that one might in general hear voices sometimes with the force... if you have your opponent at your mercy and you hate this person... the dark side may flow through you in a way you perceive as 'a voice' wanting you to off them. but of course really it is just yourself. or perhaps it is the "will of the dark side" put into words by your mind.

23. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    It's really only the fact that Snoke is 7 feet tall and "humanoid" and that we haven't heard anyone describe Rax the same that's the hang up. Every other element is clear as day. Feels like misdirection to better setup how Rax will become Snoke. Is it through a Force essence transfer? Is it that Snoke is waiting for him on Jakku and that Rax's destiny was to be the primary offering for Snoke to live again and that he can tap into Rax memories, along with many others he's absorbed over the years? That is, to me, where I think things are going.

Let's not forget that knowing only what's provided about how the Emperor looked (basically demon-like and hardly human) in the OT, it would have been hard to imagine his actual backstory as being one involving a regular, well-spoken, cordial Senator who was popular and trusted. But that's exactly who he ended up being and we saw how easily the Dark Side turned him from that to something hideous and non-human like.

The other reason why Rax has to come into this is that he's declared himself leader of what will be the First Order later on and it's hard to imagine how a brand new person would be able to usurp this military that Rax set up behind the scenes for 20+ years methodically and assume power. I think Rax will simply tell his people that he's become more powerful than ever before and is fulfilling the Emperor's plan by becoming Supreme Leader Snoke. He'll know enough about every major player who remains that they won't question a physical change. He'll basically be Rax's mind combined with this ancient Dark Side user Snoke. After all, many knew what Palpatine looked like before and after, too.

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There are hints that Gallius might be force sensitive, if the theory that Snoke is buried on Jakku is true. Then maybe as Rax grew closer to breaking the tomb, he began to hear Snoke's voice in his head ?

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  25. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    These are all the same things that were being said when the going rumors for TFA had Luke guarding a tomb.