main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    I believe Snoke is definitely force sensitive, as he makes reference to feeling the awakening... and can sense his apprentice still feels the pull to the light (which ben/kylo was telling vader's mask) so.. He is force sensitive. I believe Leia knows him as the supreme leader, but I also believe snoke may be explained as luke's first apprentice, and presumably snoke would have been at the training area with kylo, and the rest to be able to seduce him... As for the bigness of his personage.. I think its the chamber they erected to him on the planet and has nothing to do with him. He is the SUPREME LEADER... which in a world of order as the first order believes (see Gen Hux's speech) would make sense... its a shrine for all in the first order to worship..

As for him being Plagueis.. im not entirely sold on it.. because where was he for 80+ years? Just chilling somewhere? letting his apprentice, who murdered him just rule? Doubtful.. that's not the way of the sith...

2. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I think Snoke must have been in a position somehow close to Luke and his Jedi Academy or at least part of the Alliance/Resistance.

Odd thing is that Andy Serkis said that this guy is really old and has watchd the conflict of the OT, to me that sounds like that he is "Yoda old". So how does an unusually old character suddenly pop up and gets close to the Skywalkers?.
    In any case it's incredible that The Skywalker family has once again lost a kid to yet another Uber evil character. They are far too trusting :D

3. TheFett18

TheFett18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2015

Plageuis was alive for hundreds of years before appearing to Palpatine as a young boy and turning him to the sith, having him murder his parents as a showing of loyalty (sound familiar) Plageuis was wise and cunning, which makes him more dangerous than Palpatine who was more powerful but also very arrogant. Plageuis was the one who hired the trade federation to start the fall of the Jedi, a plan that took hundreds of years of manipulation and posturing. He had an alias and was great with money and finances and used this to help Palpatine rise to power. When Palpatine became chancellor he poisoned plageuis' drink and used force lightning on him in his sleep. So if Plageuis somehow did survive he would be severely crippled and damaged, and would go into hiding and watch things from far away. He is almost as old as Yoda and a guy called
    Plageuis the wise would be extremely patient and willing to sit things out till the fall of the empire.

4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Any
    Any talk of Plagueis needs to be made in the Plagueis is Snoke thread. Read the opening post! You guys have your own thread, use it.

Big Boss and cwustudent like this.
  5. Ord'ika

Ord'ika Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    I believe that during the time period of TFA, Snoke is effectively a poser like Kylo Ren. He seems to have vast knowledge of the dark side, but also has that crazy skull fracture going on, and I don't think physically he is quite all there yet. Otherwise it would seem a bit odd that he would not have trained Kylo Ren in person, or simply gone after the resistance himself with his vast amounts of power.

morrison85 likes this.
  6. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014

As much as I love that book, none of it is canon anymore, which is so disappointing. But what you're saying would fit in so well and makes lots of sense for Snoke to be Plagueis.

7. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Once again, Plagueis has his own thread, post about him in there.

8. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'd like to see Kylo Ren kill Snoke during his training. We've never seen an apprentice take out his superior with evil intentions before.

While I'm mostly against the Sith returning, I'd have to say that I'd be intrigued if Kylo Ren killed Snoke in anger and declared himself a Sith with a Darth title. Most of episode #8 would be to recruit an apprentice and we all know who Kylo Ren would actively be recruiting...

Rey.

9. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I think we will see Kylo towards the end of his training. I think Snoke will try the old switcheroo with Rey but Ren will see it coming. Snoke might meet his end by the end of 8.

DL44Jo likes this.
  10. KalThor

KalThor Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015

Not true at all. Kylo Ren was wounded several times prior to his battle with Rey and he was unstable. Also, he still has much to learn and I think Rey is more complex than we know (like she has had some training but then lost her memory).

11. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Also according to the book Kylo realizes who Rey is during the fight. This could be really messing with him also. Snoke's training could change everything though. I have a fealing we are going to see what Vader could have been if he didn't get physically destroyed on Mustafar.

Big Boss likes this.
  12. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    Snoke's likely from the Beyond i feel, the source Sheev was searching for and sent people out to look for.
    in saying this, the movies wont expect people to know this from the EU, so, there needs to be an easier explanation, which im not so sure this one. "Snoke is from outskirts of unknown space, he's been informed of the sith, knows events that happened with the ancient jedi all the way through to the fall of the Empire" doesnt really sound like something we would hear on screen. theres got to be something we are missing.. Leia knows, Han knows, Sydow's character implied he knew him, but i wonder in what capacity they know him.

i love how this is a zero plagueis tolerant thread, that always stifled discussions.
    i do think he wont be all he's made out to be, however, he looks physically weak, however is in no doubt a strong dark side user, if he gained control of the fallen empire, Ren fears him, he can sense awakenings, etc etc. what i think TFA alluded to was that he will go after Rey. i wonder whether or not he will pull a switcheroo with Rey and Kylo, because that was purely a Sith thing "only 2" (and it was confirmed there were no Sith in TFA, where Kylo and Snoke both featured), and i think that would infuriate Kylo, possibly pushing him to destroy Snoke, which i think he could do in the right circumstances. i do think Snoke wont be like Palpatine where they save him for the final episode, i think we need something different and Kylo killing Snoke would be an amazing opportunity to cement Kylo as a feared villain, because as much as i liked him, others didnt and didnt feel he was all that powerful (which i disagree with).

DL44Jo, beetzello and dlbates like this.
  13. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Only reason it's a zero Plagueis thread is cause they have their own. Crying about how they need a thread were they can discuss him without being made fun of well you can't have your cake and eat it too.

DarthHavok likes this.
  14. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I have a sneaking suspicion Snoke may not be seen again until ep9, although I'm sure we'll learn a lot about him in ep8.

Snoke already made his intentions for the next movie clear: complete Kylo's training. Therefore he's not really needed unless a character directly confronts him, and I don't see that happening until way later.

When Kylo steps onto the screen in ep8, we'll be able to infer a great deal of info about Snoke based on Kylo's upgraded characteristics. Snoke himself isn't really required in this instance. In fact, it might be best to make ep8 100% Kylo's movie (much like Vader in ESB), and focus on building up Snoke's character via high quality exposition and inference for ep9.

DARTHSHAME and Algnosis like this.
  15. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    [quote="DarthCeltic, post: 53001028, member: 1366710"I also believe snoke may be explained as luke's first apprentice[/quote]

Snoke apparently saw the empire rise and fall so that makes that theory impossible.
    The Banite Sith are gone with Vader and Sidious dead, Snoke is something else, older that stems from the old days from the age of the first Jedi. Maybe Luke found something interesting in the first Jedi Temple that relates to snoke?
    As for the Plageius theory, Palpatine calculated and planned everything in his life down to how many steppes from the fridge to the bathroom. I dont think he would let his former super powerful master live so he could one day overthrow him.

DL44Jo, DARTHSHAME and darklordoftech like this.
  16. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Right. The daughter of his old master :>. And I don't mean Luke(as in his master). I mean her mother was his master, he was her apprentice.

17. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015

I really like this idea. It also gives a reason for his horrible, horrible name, even if it is in a "Master Ima-Gun Di" way.

18. KalThor

KalThor Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015

Where do you get that idea from?

19. LastJediKnight

Dec 19, 2015

If you listen to the dialogue between Han and Leia, the point of contention between the two is that Han objected to Luke teaching Ben about the Force. Leia wanted Luke to teach Ben, Han didn't. Han won. Its also likely why Ben felt his father failed him, in not allowing him to be taught by his Uncle the Jedi Master, and instead was pawned off on someone else. That someone else was likely Rey's Mother.

Also, think about this.. if Ben Kenobi had a child he didn't know about(Rey's mother) and was covered up by say.. Yoda... it would finally close the circle on 'No. There is another.'. Maybe he wasn't talking about Leia at all.

I also don't buy for one minute that Ben slaughtered kids. That's an Anakin thing and seems out of character until after he say.. kills his father. Before then, he's enormously conflicted and goes out of his way not to kill people. I have a feeling there could be misdirection here in that he didn't 'kill' the students in a literal sense, but instead turned them to the Dark Side and they formed the Knights of Ren. Those people in that vision you see as the KoR *are* the students of the academy.

Granted, they could end up writing this.. however... but the killings being literal is so beyond the pale for that character at that point in his training as to be silly. Leia wouldn't be asking Han to bring their son home, she'd be asking him to kill him. Only one person should have actually died, and that's Rey's mother, which is who Luke is mourning over.

morrison85 likes this.
  20. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    THIS would be a great plot twist.

But where does that leave us with the dude who got a lightsaber through his chest?

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  21. LastJediKnight

Dec 19, 2015

Hmm.. I've looked at the album of images that I found and originally I thought he had swung, killed, and was run through.. but its pretty clear Ren got him mid-swing.

http://imgur.com/a/2JNFX

I really don't like the idea of Ren being the one to have dropped her off on Jakku, as both should clearly have remembered the other during the torture scene. He would have been the last thing she would have seen as he took off and left her. That's some awful convenient forgetting. I suppose they could claim he mindwiped her, but I really don't like the idea of that, as it becomes too convenient a plot point to be able to explain bad writing. This doesn't work, too many holes... uh.. mindwipe? Just write it proper in the first place. Humans shouldn't be on the level of essentially droids. Its one thing to have a Jedi Mind Trick.. its another to just start wiping out memories wholesale.

22. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    There's precedent for mindwipe thanks to TCW Mortis Arc but the one doing it is basically a god so yeah Kylo doing it seems too much.

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Somehow the deformations on the burned helmet of Darth Vader could fit to the injuries on snokes face. ... just a thought....

24. GG.exe

GG.exe Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2015
    I love this scene so much. Would be so sweet having say a twisted deformed tall Snoke standing there screaming in silence, slow-mo, as he rips apart a whole bunch of Resistance fighters.

25. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think Snoke is from the Sith tradition...the way he describes the Dark Side, his references to 'awakening' and his instructions to Kylo Ren to essentially cleanse himself of his identity by destroying his emotional ties to Ben Solo's family feel like a perversion of Zen Buddhism, and the achievement of Nirvana.

Unlike Palpatine, for whom the Dark Side was all about personal empowerment, Snoke's brand of evil seems to be a kind of Dark Side puritanism.