main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Doesn't look Pau'an.

I just posted this on another thread about it...

In legends, SoR used Shadow Crowns to communicate and take control over others wearing a shadow crown.
    Now notice not only the queen here is wearing a crown. The samurai guy has a small black crown on the top of the helmet, which is very similar to Nick Rostu's shadow crown when he was controlled by Cronal as Lord Shadowspawn. The other woman has that black helmet with crown like triangles coming down from the ear section.

In legends the SoR Blessed Toxmalb's shadow crown was said to be under his scalp and inside his head lived darkflies that he could attack people with. Here the points of this queens crown appears to come from under her skin and she apparently has parasites which she uses against Han.

In legends the SoR Cronal's shadow crown was was named the "Sunset Crown". Here the guy that looks just like Cronal has a big red circle crowning the back of his head and extending below his shoulders like the sun going below the horizon.

Lastly why is the bald guy the focus of this page and not the queen? Maybe because...Snoke?

2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    TaradosGon the FO has its nazi references too. hux is very much like hitler speaking to the masses before they burn hosnian. also the FO is remarkably similar to the empire in some ways.

TaradosGon likes this.
  3. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

The Empire is more Wehrmacht and the First Order is more SS

TaradosGon and PCCViking like this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm sure there are plenty of brass to choose from (indeed, we seem to see some flag officers behind Hux during his speech). My point is that story-wise, it would make perfect sense for Snoke to deal Hux the ultimate punishment. Can't imagine most audiences being confused about such a decision...

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    *military

What the heck is a Mikita? Typing to fast on the iPhone 7Plus with my big thumbs.

So if he kills Hux, why not Ren? Both failed.

6. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Perhaps the same reason Palpatine didn't kill Vader for his failures. Kylo is an apprentice, and one-of-a-kind. Hux is comparatively dispensable.

7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    yeah you don't kill your best force user, not unless you have a replacement.

8. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

JarJar_IS_Tarkin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Maybe Snoke is not the lord. Maybe he takes orders from the Elephant Man Sith master.

Have you heard the rumour that the Elephant Man Sith Master will return to Staw Wars? I find it highely unplausiple that some stupid named super master Snoke is the lead villain in Star Wars VIII - Jedi's die. No no no. It will be Elephant Man Sith Master.

He was last seen in Return of the Jedi playing piano. Hiding there from Luke. Nobody suspected him to have such great powers. Then Luke killed all Jabba's henchmen and nobody knew what happened to the EMSM.

I predict he will make triuphant return to the Star wars and show everyone he is the ultimate warrior!

What do you guys think?

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Elephant Man? That's funny, because there's a smuggler in Jabba's palace called Ephant Mon. While his name sounds similar to "Elephant Man", he looks nothing like an elephant. ;)

10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    There very well could be an Onimi type character controlling Snoke.

Enash likes this.
  11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Just as I thought. As a troll, you have nothing worth saying.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Max Rebo is the Lang Lang of Star Wars and not a Sith lord.

13. Enash

Enash Jedi Padawan

Feb 24, 2017

I've been wondering that myself. If so, could it be Benicio Del Toro's character? Although, I'd rather see Snoke be the one in charge.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  14. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I have thought for some time that Snoke may not really be the big bad...... In which case he can be just Snoke.... Otherwise I'm still not convinced that he's brand new....

15. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Kind of hard to call someone "Supreme Leader" and have them working for someone.

Palpatine / Sidious was known as the "Emperor" and didn't have a boss.

This is one of those "over-thinking it" moments in my opinion. Snoke is the boss for this trilogy. We won't be meeting "The Force" itself behind a curtain.

TaradosGon and cwustudent like this.
  16. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    True but LORD Vader - Lord is a supreme title.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and, don't forget Pizza Hut's Supreme Pizza. It has supremacy over nothing. Not even freezer burnt Hot Pockets.

18. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Burnt Hot Pockets = Molten Hot Lava.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  19. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm still of the conviction that Snoke is Plagueis, but leaving that aside right now.​
    My feelings towards, Snoke is that he is fairly tame compared to, Palpatine. He appears to be more ostentatious and concerned with wealth related pomposity. Whilst, Palpatine was very much one with the dark side and transcended above corporeal/material needs. This makes, Snoke seem more... normal.​

Darth Smurf and PCCViking like this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Having someone as a puppet is not that hard. They are the Supreme Leader in the eyes of the underlings because they are unaware...

21. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Hopefully we'll get more Snoke in TLJ.. Serkis is an amazing performer (both Gollum and Caesar are amazing characters) and he needs to be used

22. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I wonder if Tarkin had been on a SSD and survived Palpatine's wrath if he had survived. There was a precipitous dropoff in quality in the Imperial High Command after his death. Vader wasn't indispensable. Ask Luke.

23. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Pretty sure Snoke is the big baddie. Also he comes off a lot more as a tyrant in the book where the scenes are expanded.

24. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

That's rationalization and what I would call the Logical Fallacy of "Begging the Question"

It is? It's an honorific at best -- and has multiple meanings that even in the context of Lord Vader means little when you are aware of someone named the Emperor.

Perhaps this is the Base Rate Fallacy? Maybe just Incomplete Comparison.

25. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

JarJar_IS_Tarkin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    No need to resort to name calling even if you don't disagree my theories.

Anyway, I don't want to see straight froward plot. I want interesting plots. Too repetititive is boring. So what a twist would it be if Snoke had a master?

I also theorised earlier that maybe Snoke and Kyle Reese are really the good guys and Luke is on the dark side. Maybe that's the case. What it would be a great plot. Very clever JJ.