1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) -Episode 8/9

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

1. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    Skywalker Saga, not just Skywalkers. New, unconnected bad guy corrupts a Skywalker is not Episode 7, it's Episode one of something new.

As I said.... for my taste.....
  2. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    but he's not unconnected. he knows too much about what happened between vader and the emperor. he knew ben solo was vader's grandson and luke/leia vader's kids. he shouldn't have known this, yet he does. he is connected somehow. leia knows who he is. luke does if leia does. han apparently does.

and i think snoke seems to know too much inside info about the emperor.

some have suggested he could have been the emperor's secret apprentice. or he could have been the dark thing calling the emperor from the UR. he may be an incredible force psychic. he may have access to the "observatories" or something similar that the emperor used and that could be how he knows so much inside info.

snoke is like a dark thing that's been waiting for its chance. he's the boogie man. and they may not explain much of this in TLJ.

but i am sure snoke has or will have a backstory whether told in the movies or through other materials that will show how this all happened and how he is connected.
    Dra--- likes this.
  3. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    We don't know how connected he is.
    oncafar likes this.
  4. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    we don't really know anything about him, so yes we don't know. but it remains he knows things and he got close to ben. so obviously there are some connections.
    Dra--- likes this.
  5. Orochi Oni Jedi Knight

star 2
    Other than being Kylo's master, I don't think Snoke necessarily needs to connect with the Skywalkers in any way. But it's not an idea I'd be against, as long as they made it interesting.

I just hope Snoke fits into the Star Wars saga as a whole in some way. That's why I feel it's important for us to learn where he was and what he was doing during the events of Episodes I-VI -- they need to make him fit. Him just popping up out of nowhere wouldn't be very satisfactory at all.

Going back and watching the older films, knowing that Snoke's presence is looming closer than we might currently think could be pretty cool.
    All_Powerful_Jedi likes this.
  6. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure.
    oncafar likes this.
  7. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    often in stories when one defeats one evil, another rises up. it's because of how power is arranged. there are evils waiting for their chance at power. competing against the emperor for that would have been a fool's errand possibly. but i would find it interesting if snoke was calling the emperor from the UR to deceive, confuse and weaken him. as the emperor becomes more obsessed with this call, he loses focus and is easier to take down.
    Last edited by oncafar, Sep 10, 2017
  8. Artoo-Dion New Films Manager

Manager
    star 5
    As long as Snoke's origins feel suitably mythic (e.g. he was a dark force discovered in the Unknown Regions), I'll be happy.
  9. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, but that doesn't require Snoke to be new.
  10. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    PH says he is new and that's why i take it as fact. he's not deceiving or giving a non-answer. he's saying this is a new character and it is not plagueis and not human. i see no reason not to accept what he says about this. this doesn't spoil snoke's identity, it just tells us his identity isn't a previous character.

sometimes something is just a fact and one has to deal with it. i mean we could say that PH is lying but why bother in this case?
    Last edited by oncafar, Sep 10, 2017
    Dra--- likes this.
  11. LunarMoth Jedi Master

star 4
    We shall see. I'm not saying he is lying or not lying. Right now Snoke is new because we hadn't seen him nor heard his name before. It might stay that way. It might not. We know almost nothing about him at this point, which I think is great.
  12. All_Powerful_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah, I think all it really needs to be is some rich dark sider taking in what was left of the Empire and amassing an army for a gigantic push to conquer the Republic.
    Last edited by All_Powerful_Jedi, Sep 10, 2017
  13. Wildcatbarry Jedi Master

star 4
    What is actually up with Snoke's black gem ring?
  14. Mungo Baobab Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A Snokey development. Of sorts.

@pablohidalgo How did Snoke even took over the first order after the battle of jakku? Why is that part of the story not explored yet?

Pablo Hidalgo @pablohidalgo

Replying to @SighartKlaus

I guess it's not time to tell that yet. But I'm sure it will someday.

2:22 am · 11 Sep 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/pablohidalgo
  15. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
    I hope so, maybe they'll reveal more in episode 9.
    DaddlerTheDalek and Wildcatbarry like this.
  16. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    i've started reading the phasma novel trying to get a sense of things :(

anyway, i suspect that when snoke showed up the remnants of the empire were divided between sloane's more ethical version of the empire and snoke's nasty vision which appealed to certain people like armitage hux. something happened to sloane and her fellow leaders. i don't know if it was convert or die, or what.
  17. All_Powerful_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think this means it's really not that big of a deal and that we probably won't get an answer. I think this is Sifo-Dyas all over again. A mystery that's there in the movies about something that happened between films, but one they don't think is important to talk about on film because it's so far in the rear view mirror.

They don't seem to be too concerned with how they got there, only where they're going.
    Last edited by All_Powerful_Jedi, Sep 11, 2017
    Dra--- likes this.
  18. The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master

star 4
    "How did Snoke even took over..."? Back in the day Vader would have Force choked someone for such bad grammar.

Look how long it took for us to learn about Palpatine. We hear of the emperor in ANH and encounter his name and a bit of his background in the novelization, but we don't learn what we want to know until 2012 in the Luceno novel--in 2012.
    Last edited by The Legions of Lettow, Sep 11, 2017
    Dra--- likes this.
  19. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wait. Has anyone considered the implications of Snoke spelled backwards?

Ekons.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Gigoran Monk, Sep 11, 2017
    DaddlerTheDalek and Artoo-Dion like this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Knight

star 4
    [IMG]

So he is a computer?
  21. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are many possibilities inherent in the Ekons theory.
  22. miasma Jedi Master

star 3
    www.ekons.us is an online store that sells bras. it calls itself, "The best place to buy front zip bras." So Snoke is a bra salesman? I think you solved the ST. Congrats!
  23. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Take it further. Stretch the mind some more.

Ekons.

Ekon.

Ekonomics.

Now we're getting somewhere.
    DaddlerTheDalek and Wildcatbarry like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Plagueis.
  25. darthOB1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh oh. The embodiment of Skynet.