main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Plageuis confirmed.

Ubraniff Zalkaz and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Eamon Farren could play young Snoke in an origin film.

3. aprilstarwars73

aprilstarwars73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2017
    Please.... With that Michael Jackson undershirt on... Snoke is definitely ancient if he is sporting the old man v-neck t-shirt under his gold robe

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    That reminds me...... when I was a kid, two granddaughters of my next-door neighbors, along with my sister, would play with their Darcy and Barbie dolls. I hung out with them for the heck of it, and one day, my neighbor lady gave me a gift so I wouldn't feel left out of the fun....... a Sonny Bono doll:
    [​IMG]

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Again, the v-neck looks like Jedi garb. Snoke, the First Jedi. He doesn't want the new Jedi to rise, an ideological purist of the old Jedi order. The one that's been discredited.

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    You know, looking back, I think it could have been very interesting if the whole prophecy of the chosen one, that of a powerful Jedi who balances the Force, was actually a Sith prophecy. One that the Jedi never heard of or even discuss in the films. They over-confidently believe the Sith are long gone. There's no need to balance the Force, since they're extinct. The whole thing could have been something the Sith foretold to motivate themselves, passing it down the line one by one, foretelling the end of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Chosen One Sith who would bring it all down and at last giving them their revenge. The prophecy motivates Plagueis to create the chosen out of the Force itself. It took a millennia to learn how, but the Sith finally figure it out. I mean...It could have been a tool, told once in the films by Palpatine, in order to hook Anakin into believing he was this great Jedi who was meant to be a Sith. It was his destiny. Power hungry, vulnerable, Anakin in ROTS is ripe for this kind of revelation. And the great part is, it could have also all been a Sith deception.

Yup all those things. That and potentially corrupting everything good in the Galaxy over centuries; the politicians, the bankers, traders, etc. Plotting here and there, and turning the galaxy into chaos, so that one day...when the time was right...they strike.

Maybe it's also a test. Luke tells Rey that the Jedi must end to see what her reaction is. To gauge her resolve. Just the same as Yoda tested Luke when they first met. It's just a likely, as you said, that Luke is convinced the old ways must end. The Jedi Order, as successful as it was for over a thousand generations, has a weak spot. And that weak spot leads to the dark side rising up and causing destruction, over and over again.

7. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Maybe Rian Johnson's trilogy will take place in the unknown regions and will show Snoke's rise to power there.

D'an likes this.
  8. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I was kind of hoping it would take place in the UR a long time ago, maybe even before Jedi vs. Sith. Or after/during the war between Jedi and Sith which wrecked that part of space (one must plot a very specific course into the UR or their ship gets destroyed--it's like something is "wrong" with that region).

9. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    well Bane is canon, its a long shot, but maybe, just maybe...

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  10. PadawanDave

PadawanDave Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2017
    I just hope Snoke is an alias

I still chuckle a little whenever i say it out loud

11. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003

I could get behind this. Though it seems more destined to be a book series, the whole Rae Sloane/Thrawn/Snoke/UR/FO origin has potential intrigue. We may not see Sloane or Thrawn in the ST. Does that meet there was a power struggle that ended them? Was there a old Empire/New FO civil war? How does Snoke fit in? Did he lure old Empire military leaders with the promise of a more centrist leadership? Did he bankroll the whole military build up of the FO? Would make for great stories, but alas, I fear it would never make it to film.

lawton and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Yeah, Snoke's backstory will probably be done with something other than film. I hope it's done in comics or if we are lucky a tv series. Disney's new Netflix like service will open up a lot of possibilities.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think the T.V series would be suitable for exploring the Unknown Regions. But I'll be good with either direction.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  14. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    My biggest question about Snoke is why now? Where was he during the events of the PT and OT?

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Maybe waiting for the Sith and Jedi to finish killing each other?

16. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Ain't no snakeskin, foos!

And I know this because I saw one up close & personal once and, after exchanging greetings with it, spent 7 days in ICU.

EDIT:

This is the best story. She didn't want you to become one of those fancy lads who wear Italian leather and sweatbands.

EECHUUTA and Siphonophore like this.
  17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Please please please have Kylo kill Snoke at the end of TLJ—it would be a bold, powerful and great cliffhanger ending for TLJ....Plus, I'm not all that interested in seeing a whole other movie with Snoke as the big bad.

The OT handled the Emperor perfectly with a mention in part 1, one cryptic scene in part 2, and then the reveal and very meaty scenes in part 3.

I feel like we saw Snoke as a hologram 1-2 too many times in TFA. Getting tired of him, unless they pull something out of him character-wise that is a surprise in TLJ, but I don't have high hopes. Seems like a stock old creepy villain.

Hopeless likes this.
  18. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

It will be interesting to see how all that stuff went down. I haven't read the book but didn't people say the Phasma book still had Sloane and others mentioned as still being alive about 10 years prior to TFA and Snoke already being the Supreme Leader then. I would have thought Snoke would have killed some of them off during a power struggle possibly but it sounds like that may have not been the case and they just fell in line behind him.

19. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Watching the saga like the rest of us. Then George gave him the wizard hat...

[​IMG]

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015

He’s not strong enough.

21. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    I think Kylo could if he stops struggling against the light and uses the full power of the dark side

22. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe Anakin bringing balance to the force somehow freed Snoke.

CarboniteSolo and Grievpalpy75 like this.
  23. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    he used that freeze time ability and kicks snoke off his throne screaming *Ive had enough with these muthahutting snokes on my mothahutting MEGA STAR DESTROYER" *BassEarRape*

24. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

My guess is Snoke will have to be killed by multiple force users working together if they don't do a cop out and have him being killed through an explosion or some machine being destroyed that is helping keeping him alive. I would be really surprised if they had any scenario where Rey or Kylo by themselves killed him if he hadn't already been weakened by some other attack.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wait, Sam Jackson is playing Snoke now?

Mace Windu = Snoke confirmed.

B99 likes this.