main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

I think his background will be interesting its just Johnson decided not to do anything in regards to it. I am glad they did the bad guy thing different than the OT but it would have been nice to at least throw us a little bone on his background. They already had settled on the basics of it supposedly and it was based loosely on George's stuff - more than the other characters.

2. aprilstarwars73

aprilstarwars73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2017
    Oh my goodness I just watched that Snoke went out like a punk but we'll see if he comes back

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Haven't seen the movie yet (seeing it tomorrow, so excited!!)., but I read the spoilers and I actually like what RJ did. I'm glad IX isn't gonna be Luke v Snoke and Kylo v Rey like a lot of people were predicting. Luke and Snoke are gone. Kylo's in charge of the First Order... I'm excited to see where that goes.

Ruffmeian likes this.
  4. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    Why would we want Snoke to return when Kylo chopped him in half? That would make the story feel like a comedy. How could you even kill Snoke if slicing him in half doesn't work? No thanks. :)

5. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Yep. Give Kylo a chance to take the focus. I want to see some real power.

Ahsoka Blaster likes this.
  6. Ahsoka Blaster

Nov 12, 2017
    Now we know why they stressed Snoke being powerful BUT INJURED. If he wasn't so badly injured, Kylo probably wouldn't have been able to defeat him. And kylo probably had to trick Snoke like he did because Snoke was a powerful telepath. Snoke was very difficult to kill but Kylo found a way.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m sure Snoke was much, much stronger than Kylo. He was just blindsided and it cost him his life.

8. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Yeah, it would be great if they could say stuff about him now. If it isn't important to the visual medium, then it isn't worth hiding.

And, apparently, there's nothing to hide.

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It would actually be hilarious and fitting if Snoke was Plagueis. That would be two times he was killed because he wasn’t paying attention. Haha.

Revanfan1 and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    Serves him right!

I'm curious, just in this comparison. Do we consider Obi-Wan to be stronger than Anakin? I actually always felt Anakin was stronger when they fought, just that Obi Wan knew him better than anyone and was able to gain the 'high ground'. I've never been clear if this actually makes him stronger.

If Kylo tricked him, was it because of Snoke's weakness or Kylo's power?

11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Kylo clearly tricked him. Snoke sensed his every move, just not who it was directed at. He was turning his own saber as he was turning the Skywalker one.

12. Ahsoka Blaster

Nov 12, 2017
    I hope our next animated show is all about Luke, Ben, and Snoke. I bet that's what they're holding back 411 for.

themoth likes this.
  13. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I think Anakin was stronger overall in the Force, but Obi-Wan was much smarter and wiser which made him the much better Jedi.

14. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah, I agree.

Some major occlumency occurring here with Kylo, just saying.

15. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    I have no issue with killing Snoke but I do have issues with them offering no explanation as to where he came from or how he was able to do what he did.

We still need those answers. And in the next film...not a book or a comic.

16. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014

I came across the leaked clip of Snoke's death. And I'm glad he was killed, because he's not likeable at all. He's lame, stupid, and his lines right before his death were kind of silly in my opinion. But the way they did it...the moment in which he is impaled, his face looks really fake and CGI-like. It's weird.

17. starwarsfan54

starwarsfan54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 29, 2017
    Snoke was a worthless character that only existed to repeat the Emperor's dialogue and have the audience jeer at him.

I think it's a reach to even call Snoke a character.

Vespasian and Bazookaleffe like this.
  18. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    There was one in the Aftermath novels, the Acolytes of the Beyond...who also (frustratingly and disappointingly) went nowhere in the story.

19. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014

Does we really? He is introduced in the second half of E7 and gets killed quite early in E8, and with no explanation or background or nothing, but since he is already dead I could care less who he was - now.

Besides I found the name "Snoke" quite bad. Sounds like some small time gangster.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  20. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Yeah, I don't know that we need answers anymore. I would have preferred for him to have a deep and interesting backstory, but clearly they chose the "he's worthless and pathetic and not important" route instead. Oh well.

CEB likes this.
  21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    The need for backstory for Snoke in the films has gone - there’d be no compelling reason to go there now. But that story should and probably will be told elsewhere.

I think the intention always was for Snoke to be disposable in this way. He was great fun on screen in this one though

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Except they didn't, really.

starwarsfan54 and Darth Smurf like this.
  23. darthsutius

darthsutius Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2004
    Why does everyone think he's dead? Because they purposely put his face up close with his tongue hanging out? This was a movie that at every turn twisted the plot like crazy, using sneaky tricks to pull the wool over the audience's eyes.

The guy had a huge chunk of his head missing! He's obviously been strong enough to survive some extremely significant injuries in the past. And the Praetorian guards still fought like crazy despite him being dead, it would be plausible that they were defending the body knowing full well that with enough time, their leader is capable of A-grade resurrection ****. Otherwise, why wouldn't they just bow to their new ruler?

It all seemed to be extremely particular about showing and proving he was dead to the audience, which often these movies don't feel the need to do. Just my 2 cents.

24. darthsutius

darthsutius Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2004
    And they DO need to explore his background, because part of saving the universe is also preventing it from slipping into darkness every 10 years or so - you can't do that if you don't know where the darkside jerks are coming from, can you.

BountyHunter7 and ZY-Fighter like this.
  25. starwarsfan54

starwarsfan54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 29, 2017
    Snoke's dialogue and music theme were lifted directly from the Emperor in ROTJ iirc.