main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Yes, he did, at comic con. A fan asked if Plagueis was in the movie, his answer was something among the lines of: "I won't give away any specific details about the movie... but no."

Luke'sSeveredHand and TheBBP like this.
  2. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Darth Plagueis is so far in the rear view mirror.

What ties the whole Saga together is the Skywalkers and the Force. They're the throughline. As long as they're in there, Jakku doesn't have to be Tatooine, the First Order doesn't have to be the Empire, and the main villains don't have to be Sith.

I guess you still need lightsabers, though.

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The question was not "Is Plagueis in Ep VII?" nor was it "Is Plagueis in this trilogy?"

The question was "Will there be any mention of Darth Plagueis in the film, maybe surrounding a certain staff that somebody finds?"

To think JJ doesn't know who Plagueis is is just crazy.

4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Well, he is a fellow prequel hater. To think that he memorized things from movies he despised would be crazy. :cool:

Not really though.

5. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

It makes him sound ruthless to me. What report are you talking about? The one where he tells Kylo Ren to get with the program or something like that or a new leak?

6. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

It's in the 2nd half of the Maz castle raid report. Just after Kylo gets rejected by Rey, he and Hux report to Snoke. This all happens after the resistance arrived and sent the First Order in retreat. MSW says "Snoke demands action!"

It comes across as a "how dare they" moment after the First Order was all celebratory regarding the Starkiller weapon firing.

I'm curious as to what General Hux and Kylo Ren say during this conversation. With the Starkiller weapon needing to recharge and the assumption that Finn made it to the resistance and can now reveal the location of their hidden Starkiller base, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Hux or Ren have objections to what Snoke demands.

Immortiss and lawton like this.
  7. lawton

May 12, 2015

Interesting - curious to see how they react myself.

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    In fact.... there could be a narrative forming.

Before they even fire the Starkiller at Maz Kanata's castle, Snoke is telling Kylo not to be so sentimental. Imagine him saying that while drinking a scotch. Kylo might have objections for various reasons to using the Starkiller weapon and Snoke is just ignoring them.

According to MSW, it's not until after the Starkiller weapon is used that Maz decides to help Han and company. Otherwise she would have turned them away. It's the result of the Starkiller weapon being used that gets Finn and company to the people they need to be with.

Then at the end, when the parade ground falls, it's Hux contacting Snoke to let him know immediately that all is lost and he has failed. It sounds like JJ wants us to see the pay off of Snoke's failure on his face.

All_Powerful_Jedi likes this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That new description stating that he's reptilian sounds like a rip off from Battle Star Galsctica's Imperius Leader. Especially the facial features.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Another thought on the Plagueis/Snoke stuff - maybe Snoke isn't even revealed as Plagueis in TFA, maybe that will come later down the line, since it seems Snoke's role in TFA is like Sidious's was in ESB. So JJ would have been telling the truth - from a certain point of view. :p

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's what I'm hoping for. I want this guy exposed as soon as possible, but I have a feeling that they'll hold back a lot of information. But that's Star Wars — you don't find out everything in one film.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Case in point:
    [​IMG]

13. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008

Lazy...interesting choices of words. How? He is Palpatine's master, and as stated by Imorrtiss earlier in the thread a major hook in pulling Anakin to the dark side. Plus, he was further canonized as a Character by the Story Group in the Tarkin novel. I'm not saying he's in the ST, or the big bad in the guise of Snoke, but he is a Character in the canonical SW universe.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The midichorian story? It was a 'legend' about a Sith Master who was wise. It was a story about one who could manipulate midichorians. Let's be clear.

Stated as if it's not thee major plot point in the series. Luke's dad becomes a cybernetic Sith Lord and why. It's ONLY the point of the entire series (Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader). It's the legendary backstory of Ben and his pupil Darth Vader. I don't understand the point of diminishing or downplaying the significance of that event in the story. Let's be honest.

Unless it has something to do with the "why" he fell. Maybe fans wanted him to be bad with no reasons. Just that he likes being bad. But he was the father of Luke who was redeemed. In my view it was appropriate that he be (murdering children aside) noble in his reason. He wanted to save his mother, wife and child from death. But temptation and death surrounded him like Pigpen's stink cloud.

The Darth Plagueis story is described as a Tragedy. I think that word important considering it in context of Anakin's journey. The idea to backdrop this Sith Legend within an Opera shows real craft. It reinforces the kind of story being told and is quite clever proving Lucas still had the stuff. There should be no doubting it's significance.

15. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    What does Rey's staff have to do with...anything, let alone a marginal character who silly fanfolks want to be in the movie?

I hate that you brought V for Vendetta into this message board. Hoping beyond hope that TFA is not nearly as cringe-inspiring as that lame-fest

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013

Want to be? No, more like what's possible based on what is known about the serial STAR WARS?

"Silly fan folks" don't understand Neil Young's After the Gold Rush.

"Look at Mother Nature on the run in the nineteen seventies."[/quote]

17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    When I saw the photo of Andy in Vanity Fair, how he's sitting reminded me of Toshiro Mifune, as well as other Samurai characters I've seen in movies. There are several examples I've found..... it seems to be a somewhat common sitting form for Samurai, but I'll just post this pic from Throne of Blood.

[​IMG]

18. lawton

May 12, 2015

Or maybe its a way to show just how ruthless / evil Snoke really is. My guess is that "Immune to the light " statement is Snoke saying something like "I am immune to the light" when talking with Kylo Ren about the awakening and his nature is reinforced with him telling Ren not to be sentimental and the rest. I have a feeling Snoke will be on the same level as Palpatine power wise and won't be some character that was an understudy to him years ago.

19. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Except, if one paid attention to certain facts, you'd know they were the same person: Ian McDiarmid credited as Palpatine, but no one credited as Sidious; a couple of lines that Palpatine says to Anakin that are also said by Dooku (Palpatine predicting Anakin would be more powerful than Yoda; Dooku saying the same thing to Yoda about himself); Sidious's scheme and Palpatine just happens to benefit from said scheme. Also, finally, Sidious's clothing the same as the Emperor's clothing.

Until we see Snoke on screen, we won't know much. Plus, Plagueis was never on screen, despite the mention by Palpatine.

20. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh boy. I truly hope you were being sarcastic there?...

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    No

22. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

I understand it just fine.

Some silly fan folks don't get Finnegan's Wake.*

Immortiss likes this.
  23. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    So...... After the entire trilogy ( because I know every time a movie comes out and Plagueis isn't in it, you guys will say "oh well he will be revealed in the next one") are you guys going to feel silly,or are you going to get back on your pathetic track if they make 10-12? I heard that Kylo Ren is actually Darth Revan, how else could pull of him wearing a black robe and mask?! Oh yea....story telling. Why else would the come out with a Revan black series figure?! Oh yea....it was voted on. For the love of God or whoever you worship, please allow someone to make and keep open a Plagueis thread!!!! So people stop posting crap about this guy on threads that are labeled WITH THE ACTUAL CHARACTERS NAME!

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Just like Plagueis himself, the Plagueis talk is immortal. It will never go away. No matter how much you try to avoid it, he just keeps showing up to ruin everything! the same can be said about my ex :p

burg2774, Dra--- and dlbates like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's too powerful. You have to kill it in its sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.