main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe ambiguous it's not the word, but his mind was twisted as hell. He was very loyal but he sure loved to kill and hate humans. I'd love to see that kind of personality in an Ep.VII alien character.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, it would be interesting to have a sadistic kind of anti-hero sidekick who sometimes has to be convinced of the right path by his companion.

3. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    A lot of people have been speculating that Andy Serkis will play an alien sidekick to one of the new hero's (don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with that), but I think that could be a missed opportunity. For a long time, I have been wanting a bad *** villain who is an alien of some sort. The problem with this has been, what actor is going to take a role where he/she has to hide behind the makeup/CGI of an alien? Who better that Serkis to do this? He is a great actor and well known for his mo-cap acting, I would love to see him play a role as a live action character in Ep 7 and then come on as the Darth from the past, whose name I will not mention for Ep. 8 and/or 9.

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah I've been thinking about that too. At the moment I have him pegged in the alien sidekick role, but he does have the potential to be so much more than that, and it probably would be kind of a waste of his talents.

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Serkis is a quality actor. It really would be a waste to get him playing a gurning alien and not something dramatic...

6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Well there's nothing saying that the alien sidekick role couldn't be a dramatic one as well. I think they would take the character as far away from Jar Jar as possible. But still... he could be so much more.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  7. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I'm certainly not in the "know" of thing like this, I'm just curious if it would be possible for him to do both? Or would that be too much of a work load for him?

EDIT: NVM :confused:

Mystery Roach likes this.
  8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm curious to see how much input Serkis will have into the creation and/or direction of any CGI characters he portrays given the amount of experience he has from the LOTR and Hobbit movies.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I bet he's a short non-human, as a contrast to Jar Jar and Chewie, with a one-syllable name like Glurb or Sqreek or something.
    It'll be a new species.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I'd bet he would be a humanoid alien like Chewie or Jar Jar. That would waste his talents. Everyone can put on a suite and play around. Serkis is required when the creature has a unique posture and movements. Like with Gollum and Kong. That's why I think he'll be a Dug.

11. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm thinking he'll be something more birdlike.

12. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Bird like? Dunno. Fosh like Verger are too human like and actual avian creatures would be hard to mocap since quite a few of them fly and they kinda don't have hands.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

[​IMG]

14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    A talented man like Andy can easily portray a bird.
    You wanted them to make use of his talent, didn't you?

15. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    I said it before, given the Rebels/ST rumors I think Serkis is playing Zeb

[​IMG]

16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

I didn't mean something physically impossible. Serkis is good, but he can't fly.

Well maybe I'm just biased towards Dugs since their heads remind me of asian dragons and their language has a slightly japanese ring to it.

17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    He only needs to get the body language right. ILM would take care of the flying.
    I like dugs too, but I'd prefer something new and I really don't think Andy is skillful enough to walk on his hands with his feet held up in front of him ;)

EDIT: Of course, ILM could help him out with that too.

18. bleed0range

bleed0range Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 29, 2007
    I'm surprised more people are not talking about Andy Serkis because I believe he is going to bring something really fantastic to the film. He is best known for roles of characters who are not inherently "evil," per se... but confused or put into a situation where they are conflicted. Gollum is not really evil. Caesar is not really evil, but the product of realizing how mistreated his kind were once he gains intelligence. And Kong is not really evil either. So it would stand to reason, given his mo-cap abilities, he was cast to play a character of perhaps similar type.

That makes me feel like he will play an alien humanoid type character who is the sidekick of either the main villain or one of the main three cast members. Perhaps one of the younger cast members. However, if you look at the way everyone is sitting and if that arrangement actually has anything to do with anything... then he is closest to Oscar Isaac. Oscar comes off to me as a person who would make for a good Han Solo type character, at least in attitue. Maybe he is "kind of good/kind of bad" and perhaps his sidekick will be Serkis who is the same.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait to see what character he is playing.

20. bleed0range

bleed0range Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 29, 2007
    It would be kind of cool if Serkis played both sides. Maybe he is an alien humanoid who is a spy. Given, as I said before, how his characters can be sort of good and bad. Maybe he decides in the end to be good and feels bad for what he does/did.

21. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

Yes, I'd say his morality is questionable. And I'd love to see Serkis play a character even 10% as awesome as HK.

22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

I'd prefer for old rusty to show up himself. :D

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'd like to see him a play a villain that fights Chewbacca. But not in an over the top animated way.

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think he'll do both CGI and live action. That being said, his CGI character will be Plif, the Hoojib!
    [​IMG]

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No lie. I typed that exact idea this morning but didn't submit it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.