main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Snoke will be like Gov Tarkin in ANH. A real ugly twerp who torments the good guys. I don't think he's a sith or anything like that. He will probably survive the movie, but don't count out Kylo Ren going all Vader like on the FO baddies.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Maybe Snoke's endgame is to resurrect the chosen one and is just using Kylo Ren to get what he wants (Hayden Christiansen rumors for episode 8).

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would think becaude a Muun, if thats still what he is, is suoer tall, and super thin like Jack Skellington. Also, he would be potentially rotted or disfigured.

As far as getting away from mocap, who said that? Why would they mocap anyone if that was the case?

4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    May not be a Sith but according to Abrams he is supposed to be a pretty big deal when it comes to the darkside. Serkis also stated his character would be more comfortable using a lightsaber than a blaster. Hux will be the Tarkin character

Dra--- likes this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Who said they want to get away from motion capture? Both Serkis and Nyong'o are doing mo cap in the same film, and they will apparently be key characters. Sounds like JJ is fully committed to mo cap.

Mr_Thompson likes this.
  6. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I just don't see Andy Serkis being a scary bad guy. They should have had Max Con Sydow as a FO guy. Maybe they were concerned that he looked too much like Dooku. LOL

Avnar likes this.
  7. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Well they said practical effects.

8. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I would prefer Plagueis over a Skywalker(SOLO) gone bad again or a return of Palpatine or a clone to be honest. Despite what a lot of people here think, Plagueis (reborn or resurrected and more powerful than before and no longer considering himself a Sith) just seems to me like the natural way to go to be honest. It keeps/establishes connection with the rest of the saga, it's familiar, Plagueis has already been established as the darkside master of immortality, there's already mysterious history there, there's a connection to Anakin and the continuing Skywalker bloodline, it ups the ante with tons of potential for story, and if done right it could be awesome. If it turns out to be just another Skywalker that turns bad and blah blah blah, that's lazy and lame imo. Kick it up a notch JJ, let's change the game here! BUT don't go too far though LOL, Luke would never turn to the darkside lol.

LunarMoth likes this.
  9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    OK...yeah, that's one thing they have said. But the main message from JJ and the team has been that they have one foot in the digital world, and one foot in the pre-digital world. So that means both practical and digital effects.

And, of course, it has been officially confirmed that both Serkis and Nyong'o are mo-cap characters.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

I think this could be the idea as well. But i think the joke will be on Snoke, he'll end up resurrecting something else.....something ancient and evil that perhaps possesses Kylo....and makes Pazuzu look like a panzy lol.

Darth Mikey likes this.
  11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Actually, Plagueis was established as weak sauce who got killed in his sleep. So no, not a master of immortality.

By the way, resurrected or immortal villains are not "fresh and new."

They are rotten corpses, in fact. Walking cliches.

Wildcatbarry and Darth_Pevra like this.
  12. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

Don't forget - We have Benicio Del Toro coming in Episode VIII as "The Villain" ... perhaps the very thing you've speculated? Hell, he doesn't even need makeup !

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  13. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

Plagueis killed in his sleep? Hahahaha! So you think the greatest Sith Lord of all time would let his impetuous arrogant young apprentice Darth Simplous get him drunk and kill him in his sleep?! LOL! Plagueis is back my friend............and he's more than a Master............he's a Demigod of the Darkside! All Heil Plagueis!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Darth Mikey likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is why I stopped going into the baddie thread. :p

15. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

Please no... I mean I don't mind him having such plans but if Vader/Skywalker is indeed resurrected then I will cringe so hard. I am pretty sure that is not going to happen though, no professional storywriter would come up with something like this.

Mr_Thompson likes this.
  16. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

They're not resurrecting Vader, i promise. Hayden will be back as a Force-Ghost only.

17. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Why are people so obsessed with Plageuis? Geez....

Wildcatbarry, Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  18. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    My assumptions are two-fold:

1) Ties the PT in with the ST.

2) He's the only Sith Lord in the movies that we know of, but have never seen on film yet.

19. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

People aren't obsessed. It just makes the most sense if you really think about it. Seriously.

20. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

How does a dead guy make sense?

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    We have been told people in Star Wars were dead before.

22. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

Are you kidding? Serkis is already a 'scary bad guy' with the voice we have heard. No matter what his character turns out to be, he is certainly not going to be very nice...

23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I've thought about it. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yes, I can see why.

I usually give new posters 3 or 4 chances to stop being annoying before I add them to my long list of The Ignored. :vader:

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    It makes no sense. They specifically said at Celebration there is no Plag in the movie. I know there's nothing to really talk about right now, but making stuff up because we want it to happen is kinda pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.