main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

I agree Snoke will be more important than most people think imo. Of course another baddy under him will get the most screen time. I also think snoke is most likely the big baddie and there wont be any resurrecting a more powerful figure than him in the second movie despite that talk.

nightangel likes this.
  2. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I've been thinking a bit about Snoke and the rumours we've heard, including his snake-like appearance described by MSW and the origin of the First Order. For a while, I thought Snoke would be a former Inquisitor, but he seems to be just a Force-sensitive Republic senator.

Anyway, it's been described in that MSW article that "Senators in the Republic remember the opulence of the Imperial Senate before Emperor Palpatine stabbed them in the back and Snoke’s allure is rather seductive for the greedy politicians."

As well, in this article, his appearance is described from a piece of concept art they saw. His head is "shaped like a snake, a cobra but perhaps slightly flatter and wider". His eyes are "pitch black and reptilian". He wears a "black kimono with an outer robe and an off-white robe underneath it. The robe is very Japanese in style." Well, as you can see, there's definitely a Japanese influence in the character. Like a lot of things not only in this film, but Star Wars in general.

Well, when you combine a "snake" and "Japan", you get star signs of course! I did a little research, and found this description behind the snake star sign:

"The snake symbolises character traits of being intelligent, seductive and very analytical. Those born under this sign are also charming and good with money. They are excellent problem solvers and can find their way out of situations quite well. However, the Snake person can be a little insure and a little jealous."

Sound familiar?

I think that's what inspired the snake design, as well as his name. Maybe adds some legitimacy to those rumours coming from MSW also.

Just thought it was interesting, the connection with that star sign description and Snoke's character...

Luke_Skywalker_1 likes this.
  3. lawton

May 12, 2015
    I wish someone given a chance to ask JJ a question would have simply asked him if we would get a glimpse of Snoke in a trailer or something prior to the movie. I am starting to think he just likes messing with the more serious fans keeping Snoke's appearance a secret so far. The average star wars fan doesn't care one way or another probably.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Regardless of any other debate, thats not exactly what they said.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  5. lawton

May 12, 2015

Could be I guess but I think the more likely scenario is he came about due to those excursions to the far reaches of the outer galaxy and just used his abilities to manipulate the politicians but never held any office prior to being declared the Supreme Leader of the First Order. Just my opinion on the scenario right now.

6. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think it would be cool and a little funny if Snoke had a line regarding the Sith as a bunch of inferior toddlers compared to the Knights of Ren. Really sell the new villains as a bigger and more powerful threat.

7. lawton

May 12, 2015
    So which drawing will be closer to what Snoke really looks like - This one or the one from Mungo Baobab posted in this thread? Mungo's looks more Dracula like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    The guy on top kind of looks like one of the bad guys from the old Kyle Katarn games

9. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Its interesting that Snoke is going to be an alien. In the OT, all of the Imperial officers were human males. Its encouraging to see that the First Order is showing some diversity. Maybe they are not all bad. lol.

10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    He looks like Desaan.

Tommy-wan likes this.
  11. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Snoke is probably giving them no choice. Its his Empire now.

lawton and rumsmuggler like this.
  12. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    He probably came to power the same way Palpatine did: by being weird and scary looking. I can't wait to actually see him.

Dra--- and lawton like this.
  13. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    When they find him and imbed him into the new senate, I'm sure they were scared ****less knowing this guy is from were Palpatine got his darkside power.

Dra---, lawton and JediRocks74 like this.
  14. lawton

May 12, 2015
    I cant either. I want to see a face matched up with that line he says in the trailer. The voice comes off as being really evil in a certain way.

Dra---, dlbates and JediRocks74 like this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Kylo's sentimental. Snoke is not.

16. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    After 31 years... Dreamscape has become relevant again!!

[​IMG]

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    On the nose or not, that is a horrifying image.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    never watched that movie because i saw the snake man and was traumatized as a kid.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, it was pretty dang scary.

But personally, I was more traumatized by the whole full-scale nuclear war thing. I mean, snakes are definitely scary, but...I dunno. They don't really have that jack-in-the-box/"GOTCHA!" effect or "pizazz" like good ol' air raid sirens sounding, cartoon-interrupting-emergency-broadcast-warning, half-hour-to-come-to-grips-with-your-sudden-demise, everybody-has-suddenly-gone-insane Nukey McWar.But snakes too, yeah.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah that too but like i said i never really watched the film i just saw bits.

21. lawton

May 12, 2015
    With the rumors we might actually see Luke in the coming trailer I would hate it if we don't at least get a quick look at Supreme Leader Snoke in the trailer.

22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I hope so.

Also some dialogue.

lawton likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's funny how nukes in movies aren't scary anymore. They should be the scariest thing in the world. I mean if you think about it, total annihilation in the blink of an eye.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think for most people, the concept of nuclear weapons (and nuclear destruction) is just too...abstract. And outside the normal human experience. A snake man...well, it offends our rat brains. An evolutionary byproduct.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is what I was going to say. Nowadays, nukes don't seem any more real than Death Stars do.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.