main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Coke will love him.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What people are gonna be unimpressed? I assure you the general audience still don't know who Snoke is. He was only in the trailer as narrator guy and that person could be anyone. General audiences don't expect anything from Snoke and so if his design is mediocre to semi-good they won't be disappointed. At least not as much as the Plagueis party here.

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    LunarMoth:

So if Plagueis is Snoke, you think the audience might dislike such a great character because of secrecy?

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    True, general audience is not chomping at the bit for Snoke like bigger fans are.

But for folks like us who read these biards and follow the rumors and leaks, he coud be a disappointing. You can try to couch this into the Plagueis debate all you want, and Im sure some will be disappointed if Snoke is not Plagueis, but my only hope is that he serves the story and has a design that is worthy of the secrecy.

Canyon D and StoneRiver like this.
  5. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    There must be a reason to keep details about a character a secret. What is that reason?
    If it's because he is a 25 foot alien and they want to surprise us with his appearance that is not a good idea and not impressive either. They run the risk of knee jerk reactions from people not liking the appearance like what happened with Kylo's lightsabre. Better to let people see a glimpse of it so they get used to it by the time the film is released.
    The only good reason would be if there is some twist connected to his identity.

LunarMoth likes this.
  6. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    There are many characters yet to be revealed. We haven't seen Unkar Plutt yet, either. I don't think this means that there will be a reveal attached to him, or Snoke. I think It's just that they want to keep a lot of the alien characters under wraps. The aliens haven't been a big part of the marketing, but we know that there are many different alien designs in this film.

Dra---, StoneRiver and Darth_Pevra like this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Maybe the reason is simply that they don't want to give everything away beforehand? Why must there always be some deeper mystery behind everything?

Canyon D, Dra---, TK327 and 3 others like this.
  8. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    What does showing him give away?

9. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Probably my favourite post ever :)

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

The actual look of the character? The excellence of the CGI animation?

11. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

Why is not showing him hyping him up? It's actually the opposite. I don't understand how you can be disappointed in the name of a character or how he looks. Does it really matter in the end? Just give me a good villain with a good story and I'm happy. At this point you are setting yourself up to be disappointed by his appearance no matter what it is. What would make you happy when it comes to smoke? Do you even know?

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Not showing a major character like Luke hypes him up. Not showing a character like Snoke that no one knows much about doesn't hype things up much.

Only the hardcore fans like us and Plagueis followers are focused on Snoke right now. And even if they did show him to us, the debates would largely be the same.

I do find it fascinating, however, that a Plagueis follower like LunarMoth would think that this character he so admires could be ruined by being hidden. If the character was really so great, how could anyone ruin him? Would Plagueis even allow it? ;)

13. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I would be shocked if Snoke is huge. He will be no more than 9 foot tall imo if even that. Serkis already said he is at home with a lightsaber so that shows he will be reasonable size. He is just high up when talking to Kylo and isn't that height himself. I do lean to him being snake like in appearance since they went with the name Snoke.

14. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

No hype for the Emperor I guess. Unless you count a back shot. We may have already seen Snoke.

15. jitterykangaroo

jitterykangaroo Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2015
    What about the name Snoke (other than it looking like snake without a straight line next to the o) makes you lean towards a serpentine body type? Just curious.

16. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Just think the name fits more with a snake looking character and doesn't sound as ridiculous as it would with a non snake like character. Also the snake look was the most recent leak on his appearance after initially considering a risen from the dead undead type look supposedly. I don't think he will have a serpentine body type. I think he will be an upgraded version of that leaked concept art.

17. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Is that really what you got from what I said? Good grief!

18. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Here's how people want the movie to end...

EXT. LUKE PLANET - DAY​

Chewie growls at Rey as the Falcon ascends. Rey watches it disappear into the clouds and then turns to climb ancient looking steps, approaching a simple village of stone huts. The music swells as a HOODED FIGURE in a white and gold robe appears from one of the huts in a black robe and slowly walks towards Rey.​

Rey slows her approach as the figure lowers his head - it's LUKE SKYWALKER. Bearded, gray, taking after his former mentor Ben Kenobi. Rey reaches down and pulls the lightsaber from her belt and extends it to Luke. He takes it, examines the lightsaber, and then turns back to Rey...​

LUKE​
    This was my father's lightsaber. I'm really at home with a lightsaber...​

Suddenly, Rey's reaction turns to shock. She knows exactly what the phrase "at home with a lightsaber" means.​

REY​
    No... No, it can't be. I know what that phrase means. You're Snoke! That's impossible!​

Everyone in the audience with only a peripheral knowledge of TFA spoilers turns to each other, confused. Luke turns into a GIANT SNAKE-LIKE BEING.​

LUKE​
    Yes. I am Snoke. I hid my identity from everyone. I am a level 20 Dark Side User and more powerful than Palpatine.​

REY​
    Nooooo!! Noooo!! You can't be Snoke! I can't believe how important you are! Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke!​

Luke turns and looks DIRECTLY INTO CAMERA. He smirks. His eyes turn yellow.​

LUKE​
    I know you have a lot of questions. The answers will have to wait...​

IRIS OUT​

19. jitterykangaroo

jitterykangaroo Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2015
    Ah, sure, I'm leaning towards that myself, probably a departure from that concept art unless that concept art itself was created as a red herring, whether or not it was intended to be leaked anyway. I also agree with the theory that he will not have much screen time and will probably be a shadowy figure for most of the movie. I'm just happy that they've managed to keep enough secrets to keep us having these kinds of discussions, A year ago, I honestly thought that there would have been more significant leaks by now, so props to JJ and CO for mitigating that as much as possible. I'm honestly more worried about Maz than anyone else, but I'll save that for the proper thread.

20. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Great Post! Laughing my ass off!

Import_Jedi likes this.
  21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015

I agree. Lord Vader was 7 ft (while Dave Prowse was 6'6, Bob Anderson and Hayden Christensen 6'1 IIRC). Christopher Lee was 6'4, having lost an inch in his later years. Maybe Snoke is a Wookie who coughed up his fur ball and an speak Basic.

22. JaporSnippet

JaporSnippet Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Remember, they had him speak through the kongolizer during the shoot. The line in the teaser could be from the mo-cap session, unprocessed.

23. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Beyond any of the references that the EW and Empire articles have made to Snoke's height, the fact that they used the kongolizer device in order to give a sense of his scale, and distance, is the most compelling evidence that we have for Snoke being a very large character.

Remember that Serkis, whilst not a particularly tall guy, is an actor trained to project his voice. If you've seen in him in some of his more dramatic roles you'll have an idea what I mean. The guy can do big and booming very easily, certainly enough to convey a very large man, for instance. That, together with the kongolizer, suggests Snoke's size to be something beyond human scale.

Whilst I'm not certain that we can definitely say he'll be a 25-30 footer, something around 20 feet tall would not surprise me at all.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Imagine a 20-foot tall Snoke emerging from behind the First Order flag...

[​IMG]

Dak Oolron, Vohnkar, Big Boss and 8 others like this.
  25. vannazz

vannazz Jedi Knight

Jun 20, 2014
    that would be terrific! never noticed it before but there really looks to be a room / space behind the flag! oh my god!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.