main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    I've thought that...still important but not the only one that lurks in the shadows

Ghost likes this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I really hope he is not 25 foot tall... Films always lose me when they go too far with stuff like that (I know - It's Star Wars)

Very tall - Cool
    Insanely tall - Not cool

3. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    While i kinda like the idea of a huge villain, i imagine he's up on a really tall throne or something.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm hoping you are right! I think it looks ridiculous when the hero is fighting a giant.... Remember Spiderman vs The Sandman ...ugh. I hope they don't go that route.

*Monsters are okay e.g. The Rancor*

Canyon D likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I have to admit, seeing Sauron as this ten foot being amazed the crap out of me. But do I want to see this in Star Wars? I'm not sure to be honest. Having said that, I've always like the ten foot Imperial Guards on Byss that were shown in the Dark Empire trilogy.

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    what if Snoke is Rakatan? Could be that some of the Infinite Empire survived and its this last remnant what is alluded to in Aftermath?

ender2k likes this.
  7. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    I highly doubt snoke is bigger than 8-9ft, i expect the podium thing could be similar to the cylon leader from the original battlestar galactica, no way is he physically 25ft tall that's ridiculous.

lawton likes this.
  8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    he could be as tall as a titan. that would be very cool...

9. LordoftheJawas

LordoftheJawas Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2014
    A 25ft baddie is not that ridiculous if we take into account the following:

• J.J. produced "Cloverfield", with a big ass monster
    • J.J. directed "Super 8", with a big ass alien monster
    J.J.´s vision of the new baddie might just be a 25 ft Sith alien monster of sorts.
    He´s just borrowing his own ideas from previous movies of his, and importing them to TFA.
    I know we had a Rancor, but this might be something more that someone´s pet.

I bet J.J. brought in his "Super 8" alien monster designers for Snoke.

[​IMG]

"There has been an awakening, have you felt it?"

lawton likes this.
  10. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    Yeah, could be someone like Kadann who was Sidious' closest advisor and was named Supreme Prophet. He was the Prophet that foresaw The Battle of Endor. Sidious rejected it and Kadann went off on his own to the far reaches of the galaxy to study the Darkside.

11. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004

I doubt that the story group will be using Old Republic material straight up, but I think there may be some distinct similarities as the ST goes forward. I and I'm sure others have speculated that Starkiller Base could be, similar to the Star Forge, something made by a previous empire. That conveniently solves the problem of how something requiring years and galactic-scale resources to build escaped notice. It was already built; the First Order found it. I could get on board with Snoke being one of the surviving members of a stand-in species for the Rakata.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I can almost guarantee Snoke will be a new species. They are creating a new villain, so I don't think they will use any EU or past film species.

13. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Hard to say but I think there is a little possibility they were considering the Ancient Fear for the movie name at one point. I think the guy at that website was the first to break Ep 1 was going to be called the Phantom Menace years ago. I do like the Force Awakens better however as the name.

14. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I just remembered a dream I had last night. There was a TV spot that showed Snoke for the first time. He was essentially an organic version of ED-209, structure-wise. His furry dino legs were attached to his giant head. Sort of like an organic AT-ST, but with shorter legs.... stockier stature. There was a lot of shaggy grey hair, which I think covered his eyes, or maybe he had no eyes. There was a scraggly grey beard. I remember thinking there was a strong mouth-of-Sauron thing going on when he talked. I don't recall seeing arms. Just head on top of legs. His head was about six feet in diameter, and he stood maybe 11 feet tall. I can't remember what he said.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  15. lawton

May 12, 2015
    I am still holding out hope Snoke isn't crazy big (over 10 foot tall) so we might get to see him in some lightsaber battles etc in Ep 8 and Ep 9 but every time I listen to that new TV spot that voice especially when he starts the "Even you have never" statement that voice is being done just like they do the voices with giants in other movies. I am still hoping its just to soup up the large hologram voice or that he is in the 8 to 9 foot range and just projecting from up high on a podium but you never know I guess.

16. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

[​IMG]

Vohnkar and TimeZone like this.
  17. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Snoke being Plagueis could serve a purpose. Luke could give up his life in exchange for Han's. Luke is killed and becomes a force ghost, then Snoke brings Han back to life.

18. lawton

May 12, 2015

lol

19. Deus1138

Deus1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Just a quick review...

Palpatine was not a clone.
    Naboo was not Dagobah.
    Kitster was not Boba Fett.

These "so and so is actually so and so" theories are NEVER right, so let it go. Snoke is NOT Plagueis.

20. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

And the Knights of Ren are not clones.

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Palpatine was not a clone. And there was never any reason to believe he was.
    Naboo was not Dagobah. And there was never a reason to believe it was.
    Kitster was not Boba Fett. And there was never any reason to believe he was.

These "so and so is actually so and so" theories are NEVER right:

Sidious was in fact Palpatine.
    Darth Vader was in fact Anakin Skywalker. (for those of us who saw 4-6 first....)

Although you might be right, you do not know that Snoke is not Plagueis. There is plenty of context that makes Plagueis a more than valid theory, and nothing in the current rumors/leaks detracts from that. Sure, nothing proves that he is either, but nobody is insisting that he is (that I'm aware of, anyway).

:)

Immortiss, Ryan Hunt and StoneRiver like this.
  22. Deus1138

Deus1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Anakin being Vader was the only secret surprise identity to the audience in all six films. Palpatine being Sidious wasn't hidden from us and the fact that they were one in the same wasn't a surprise to anyone paying attention to the simple fact that they were played by the same actor!

Plagueis being Snoke only makes sense in the minds of teenage fanboys.

dlbates and shine like this.
  23. vannazz

vannazz Jedi Knight

Jun 20, 2014
  24. Darth Hord

Darth Hord Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2015

25. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

[​IMG]

:D

Wicket, Wald, Weazel, Random Street Trader, Unspecified new role in TFA and Yoda (some scenes in TPM) were all one and the same! I KNEW IT!

Don't get me started on Silas Carson!

[face_clown]

In all seriousness though....

Palpatine was not a clone. (this was just people speculating. This is an okay thing to do)
    Naboo was not Dagobah. (this was just people speculating. This is an okay thing to do)
    Kitster was not Boba Fett. (this was just people WILDLY speculating. This is also an okay thing to do)

Snoke probably isn't Plagueis but if he is then despite whatever evidence there is to the contrary it won't actually be THAT ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.