main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Except the Empire isn't as "lily-white" as the old Legends made it out to be. First, the Inquisitors we've seen so far are aliens (no human Inquisitors). Second, the Grand Vizier, Mas Amedda, is an alien, and still in his position as of Aftermath, I believe.

Now, the Empire does enslave alien races like the Wookiees, but that's mostly for practical uses, not necessarily xenophobia.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    In the recent "All the Way" TV spot, Snoke's voice sounds particularly laden with echo, as if he is far away or speaking in some kind of chamber or hall with great high ceilings. It is not the sound of a voice that is nearby. I guess this could indicate he is very tall, or that he is speaking from atop a large platform/chamber/throne...

Dak Oolron and dlbates like this.
  3. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    Pretty sure Abrams confirmed Snoke has force ability. Would Palpatine really allow someone with force ability to be a regional governor? Unless this governor had the ability to mask his connection to the force and was biding his time.

4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I LIKED Plagueis until people wouldn't except Snoke not being Plagueis. First they said the name Snoke (an obvious tell it wasn't Plagueis), so people said " oh he is keeping his true identity hidden". Then Serkis said he was a new character so people said "well Plagueis is new to the movies". Then rumors were that he looks like a snake so people said " well Plagueis must be controlling Snoke from the shadows" saying there is a guy who controls from the shadows.....being controlled from the shadows (dumbest argument yet) then it was said he looks all beat up and people said OH SEE!!! It has to be Plagueis cause he is cheating death!!!! Now the strong rumor is him being 25 feet tall so it has to be Plagueis on a podium or something. You guys are like the kid in pre-school trying to shove the square peg through the circle hole.

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Maybe Palpatine did know Snoke back in the days of the OT, but Snoke wasn't a Force user then. Perhaps his encounter with the dark side and growing power only began after Endor...There's 30+ years for him to grow powerful in the dark side...

6. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I have a hard time believing a 25 feet tall force sensitive used to be one of Palptines governors. I have a lot of my eggs in the basket of Snoke being a very very strong darkside user who was descovered in the outer rim by a former empire faction. Palpatine may have even known of him and feared him but as long as he stayed put Palpatine just left him alone.

Mungo Baobab and Rodie like this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Maybe Snoke is the kid from the sequel to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids? "Honey, I Blew Up The Former Imperial." :p

8. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Lol, Honey I destroyed Star Wars.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    if he was talking to Kylo...

10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I really don't understand why so little space in given to the theory that Snoke is the admiral from Aftermath, when it's pretty much all but said that the Admiral in aftermath is the big bad of the new trilogy (as well as playing into all the information we have about who Snoke is and what the First Order is)

11. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    And you guys are like the kid in pre-school that shoves the pegs up his nose whilst attempting to put his own head through the circle hole

Canyon D likes this.
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Good point. Assumptions, assumptions. We'll find out soon enough.:)

T-R- likes this.
  13. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

I think most people have thrown that out the window due to Serkis comments about Snoke which seem to about eliminate that possibility.

14. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Kinda OT but where can I see more of these early concepts? Will they be in that art book with Kylo in the cover?

15. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

There's no comment by Serkis that contradicts anything about the Admiral in Aftermath.

16. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I really don't understand why so little space in given to the theory that Snoke is that random sandtrooper who picks up the cock ring on Tatooine.

17. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Wow, what a well thought out argument. With that ability to theorize I am sure you are right. Snoke has to be Plagueis, or someone with your cognitive ability and critical thinking wouldn't say he was.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  18. lawton

May 12, 2015
    I think many of us eliminated him with these comments because any Admiral in Aftermath was definitely part of the conflict at some rank and he specifically says his wounds didn't come from those battles and he was outside of that conflict. I almost think his comments support the Snoke character being around for a very long time - longer than Yoda probably.

If Snoke is a “damaged” character, that raises the question: Did his wounds come from the clash between the Rebellion and the Empire, seen in the original Star Wars trilogy? Serkis hesitates here, but then says he believes Snoke was outside of that conflict.
    “No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character,” Serkis says. “He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree.”

19. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    This doesn't need to be as polarised as it is. People's theorising about Plagueis was valid for a long time, and shouldn't be dismissed entirely or ridiculed, as it was partly based on JJ's predilection for misdirection and mystery; there was never a sudden "snoking gun" that wiped out Plagueis theory; simply a drip drip of information leaks and drops that eventually led most people to the reasonable position of Plagueis being very far fetched. More so than any descriptions of Snoke, it's more the fact that Vader is focused on as the iconic villain rather than Palpatine that means that Palps doesn't have to be superseded.

But people really shouldn't be banging on about Plagueis either for or against anymore, because there's nothing interesting left to say on it.

The Legions of Lettow and EHT like this.
  20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

I really don't think Serkis will have been reading the new EU, or briefed on it.

21. lawton

May 12, 2015

It sounds like Serkis is scared to give something away accidentally but he wants to make it clear he was not part of the Empire or rebellion prior to coming onto the scene. That is what I take from it anyway. The line about about being aware of the past to a great degree is him hinting at him being ancient imo.

dlbates likes this.
  22. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't think that at all says that he wasn't the Admiral; all its really saying is that he wasn't on screen during the OT. You have to remember that this interview was for people who are like "is Snoke Luke?"; he's not exactly going to drop hints about Aftermath when Aftermath itself was the hint

23. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    Serkis says Snoke is "quite large" "tall" and his scale is the reason CGI was required. Does this description fit this Admiral?

24. lawton

May 12, 2015

I know that wasn't directed to me but I think what got a lot of people thinking Snoke might be that Admiral for a while is that description about him looking like he could eat someone he was talking to or something like that which led many to think he might be reptilian.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  25. lawton

May 12, 2015

Not imo its making it clear he wasn't involved with the earlier conflict but many people disagree when statements like his are made. We will know for sure soon hopefully.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.