main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Starkiller base has used this concept.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly. I think they're suggesting Snoke's character to us. It can be used as resonate imagery.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The guy making this video claims that he had leaked emails sent to him about star wars and says (Spoiler maybe) snoke is an ancient sith from the old republic who was tombed in a force chamber locked away in the unknown regions for decades.

He lived so long by sucking the life force out of force users to regain his energy and he wants/needs luke skywalker so he can gain full power.

From a speculation point of view how would you guys feel if this was infact the case?

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yuck.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That video drained me of my lifeforce.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    To speculate on it i think it sounds fairly possible.

It wouldn't take much to fit all these pieces into place from who snoke is, to why luke is hiding ect ect

Unless there is some errors in the logic of the idea?

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Who would he suck the life force out of if he was stuck in a tomb for centuries

8. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    "Leader Snoke was explicit; capture the droid if we can, but destroy it if we must."

Didn't seem to be any great, erm, hunger from Snoke to actually get Luke.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  9. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Saw this too and was thinking maybe they are making Snoke into a kind of swtor Sith Emperor who drains life and or like a Darth Nilihis Force Wound mix.
    I mean he could just be Tel Angor the Force Vampire right?

10. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

I think that is fantasy but Snoke is probably ancient and maybe does drain energy from others to stay alive.

11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    He's doing something to stay alive. The question is what?

1. Manipulate his midichlorian count?
    2. Drain the life Force of others?
    3. Consumer "sun matter"?
    4. ???

12. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013

Sounds as silly as believing Snoke was Plaguies and we all know how that was treated by a certain poster

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Is a personal attack all you're capable of?

If you think it's silly to speculate based on the actual film production, as opposed to fan head canon, then I'm not interested in your opinion.

15. bluealien1

Aug 14, 2015
    what y'all think of this?

• "Did you know that Sith Lords could sometimes drain the Force energy from their captives? Siphoning life from them and using it to strengthen their connection to the dark side? Extending their own lives, as well, so that they could live for centuries beyond their intended expiration?" ―Yupe Tashu to Wedge Antille

oncafar and lawton like this.
  16. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I think there may be a reason that was put in that book.

ZY-Fighter and oncafar like this.
  17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    That's like... unheard of in Star Wars. Must be there for a reason. Or maybe it's too big of a spoiler for them to even include it.

lawton likes this.
  18. bluealien1

Aug 14, 2015
    yeah,well,I was just adding to the topic at hand with a grain of sand from the Beach of Cannon

19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I just accused the guy who petitioned to get Abrams sacked a sorry cry for help on the interwebz. Now the maker of this video. Is the Maker involved with Zeroh?

The Sith are destroyed. Johnson said the function of Snoke is like that if the emperor--be scary bad guy, we don't need to know too much about him. All of the Snoke theories suck!

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    PymParticles likes this.
  21. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I think the guy's speculation is a bit off, but it seems pretty well set up that A) Snoke is using Ben and that Han Solo's warning that he's using him was pretty telling of the character and B) Snoke is really old.

Given how basic "Evil old sorcerer who sucks the life out of young heroes" is, I think that's a pretty easy conclusion to come to. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

lawton likes this.
  22. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    that could give a new reason about luke going into hiding... he wouldn't want to inadvertently make snoke unstoppable because he lost against him and snoke sucked out his life force.

i really dislike wraith stories, but i'll have to deal.

anyway it also makes sense with kylo's statement about "look how old you've become" to LST. it's like really? so you don't expect to become so old yourself? maybe kylo hopes snoke will teach him the "secret."

also maybe fighting snoke is too dangerous. maybe when someone uses the force against him, he just sucks that energy from them. all the energy they throw at him becomes his energy. in that case the more powerful the force user sent to fight him, the more dangerous (the more powerful snoke will become). therefore it would be better to try to destroy whatever vessel he is in (SSD), or find the um ritual or whatever to put him back into his vampire sleep.

maybe he fears the rise of the jedi because it takes several of them to put him back to sleep? or if enough of them go at him at once, he can't take them all down?

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    We've been told time and time again that Snoke ad Kylo aren't sith. Any references to the sith or their unnatural abilities in the canon past the OT are likely to set up the inevitable huge plunge into the Old Republic Era. They're going to milk that cow dry - games, comics, novels, a film? Maybe even a television or streaming series.
    The point of the ST is to move forward, not backward.

24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Too easy. Using for his power doesn't mean sucking his lifeforce. That was a Tobe Hooper film with a really hot French actress.

Sidious used Dooku for his power and crushed him. And he used Luke to crush Vader. No lifeforce sucking.

25. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    that snoke isn't a sith doesn't mean he has nothing at all in common with the sith...