main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    I think Sifo-Dyas is a more likely candidate to be Snoke than Plagueis. Sifo-Dyas is a serious unsolved mystery - mentioned in the prequels, kind of left spinning out there. When he shows up in Yoda's vision in Clone Wars, he doesn't look dissimilar to Snoke.

Although, to me, someone like the Grand Inquisitor also makes sense - a rival of Vader, who is more analytical and less emotional, and feels that sentiment and compassion brought down his beloved Empire.

I mean, why is the First Order such a carbon copy of the Empire? Is that Hux's doing? Hux is kind of young, I don't really see him as being old enough to have overseen the training of this generation of stormtroopers, which must have started shortly after the death of Palpatine and Vader. If the First Order is Snoke's doing, he has to be someone that LOVED the Empire - more than Vader, more than Palpatine. I think Palpatine loved power more than he loved the Empire. I think that Vader is more complicated. But Snoke seems to be someone that feels that Palpatine and Vader ruined the glorious Empire. An Inquisitor fits that mold. Sifo-Dyas? Hmm... harder to see it, but maybe.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  2. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Right now we dont **** just sad speculation

3. Vector-Prime

Vector-Prime Jedi Master

Aug 9, 2005
    Everyone here assuming that Snoke must be weak because he's clearly old and physically scared are completely forgetting literally everything about the nature of the force as explained by Yoda in ESB. It has nothing to do with physicality, the "crude matter" of a body. He might be stronger with the dark side of the force than anyone else ever for all we know. Or how about when Obi-wan became "stronger than you could possibly imagine" when he died and lost his body. Snoke could be in some kind of similar state and be immeasurably powerful.

TFA and the new trilogy is clearly taking its cues about the nature of the force from the OT rather than the ridiculous contradicting mess of information from the PT. And thank god for that.

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Plus Sheev was a decrepit old man who walked with a cane in ROTJ. Yet he was probably the most powerful Force User in the entire OT. Count Dooku was an 80-something year old man as well.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Sifo Dyas was killed 10 years before AOTC.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sifo-Dyas

As for who Snoke is or isn't, all we see in TFA is a holographic projection that could be easily have been manipulated by Snoke. For all we know he's pulling a man behind the curtain a la Wizard of Oz.

6. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    That's an interesting idea on Luke waking up Snoke. One of the original concepts for Star Wars was that the Emperor wouldn't show up until Episode IX, so they may be using some of Lucas' ideas for the long run and the ultimate evil in the Galaxy is Snoke. To me it feels like these stories are all going to be about the Force in someway.

Blueandwhite and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Vector-Prime

Vector-Prime Jedi Master

Aug 9, 2005
    My theory, or hope anyway, is that Snoke is indeed some ancient dark side evil. Maybe not entirely in corporeal form. He's hung out deep in the Unknown Regions for an untold number of years quietly observing the comings and goings of the galaxy at large. After the Emperor died and the rest of the Empire lost at the Battle of Jakku the fragmented remains went off in different directions under the banners of independent warlords, Moffs, what have you. One of these remnants fled into the Unknown Regions and stumbled upon Snoke. It's very likely that these wayward forces saw Snoke as a kind of savior, a way of bringing the galaxy back under control of the Empire. Snoke, seeing this as an opportunity to enact some grand scheme of his, was more than willing to play the part and took them over. Thus the First Order was born. What his grand scheme is I have no idea. I hope there's more to it than just another rendition of wanting to rule the galaxy.

Personally I wouldn't look anywhere in the PT for hints as to who Snoke is or what he wants. I don't think the new trilogy is going to pay any attention to it. JJ said that he won't rewrite or contradict events from the prequels but he was clear enough that he isn't going to acknowledge much, if anything, from them. And for that I'm very thankful.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Obligatory "Snoke=Darth Plagueis" post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Wrong thread

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That's the joke :p

11. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Still beleiving the theory has become the joke.

12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    You sure you're not taking this a tad bit too seriously?

13. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Aren't you the dude who thought I was going to get banned because you didn't like my post once?

14. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    I think we need to keep the Snoke=Plagueis talk in its own thread, if for no other reason than to keep the peace, but what Serkis said doesn't negate the theory. We've had two examples in the last few years of actors claiming their characters weren't one person who general audiences suspected them to be only to find out that they were in fact that very character. So no, still believing this theory is not a joke, anymore than believing John Harrison was Kahn or Oberhauser was Blofeld were at the time that those movies were in production. If EW has caught onto the Plagueis theorists, it means that this theory has become more widespread than simply the "hardcore" Star Wars fandom. Everyone needs to calm down and stop antagonizing each other.

Darkslayer and dlbates like this.
  15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Um...no? :p

16. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Oh my bad, sorry about that. I wouldn't have posted my first response if I didn't think that was you.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Okay, I just had a thought. Let me know if anyone else has come to this conclusion too:

Snoke is horribly scarred because he clashed with Yoda, and it's his influence which created the dark side confluence in the Dagobah cave. This presumes that he is definitely old, and preferably still his own character and not Plagueis, though the latter wouldn't contradict the possibility of this happening. I think the idea that he faced off against Yoda some time before TESB would lend him some credibility as a threat and as someone who's been around long before forming the First Order.

18. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    From some of the canonical things I've heard about Snoke, I think the best possibility is that he was an Inquisitor. Someone who knew Darth Vader during the time of the Empire. This could explain why he has battle scars.
    And it explains why the idea of "Inquisitors" was recently brought into canon last year via the Star Wars Rebels cartoon.

19. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Interesting that Snoke's throne ( stone, angular, blocky ) continues the visual themes set by the architecture of the cave of Dagobah, which was also explored in a piece of concept art for TFA, and also the Jedi Temple on Lothal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Snoke is the Vampire King, feeding off the darkness within Kylo Ren. He needs Ren to get stronger so that he will get stronger.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Awesome theory. This would connect Snoke to the characters, lore, and universe of I-VI while addressing something that I hated about the Thrawn books which is that they claimed that the Dagobah cave was the result of an unimportant dark jedi.

Rodie, Mungo Baobab and dlbates like this.
  22. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I don't remember were I read it but there was a rumor a while back that both Yoda and Palpatine knew of Snoke.

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
  24. JediLovett92

JediLovett92 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2015

Pay no attention to man behind the hologram LOL!, but I think we'll see Snoke's true face very soon

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    There's something to this, I'm sure of it. Remember the quote from Rick Carter? That new aspects of the Force will be revealed in the ST that were actually right in front of us the whole time, but we didn't realise it? I think that part of this has to do with the Dagobah cave. The whole issue of the Force leaving it's mark on places and objects that they've been seeding into the books and comics over the last year plays right into this idea.

Having Yoda be aware of Snoke would be a perfect way to fit his Force ghost into Episode 8, too.