main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Angel Cancelled

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by GrnJalera, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Not sure how many people here watch Angel or even realize it was cancelled unexpectedly last Friday. If you want to do something about it, here's an idea:

Unfortunately, emailing networks or posting in online petitions is a waste of time. As soon as they start getting emails, they set up spam filters to delete the mail and they don?t ever see what comes in. Waiting around for somebody to organize something is wasting precious time--organized campaigns are going to be great but here?s something you can do NOW.

If you want to actually do something that actually might--MIGHT--help to get another season for Angel...

DO THIS TOMORROW

1. Go and buy some postcards that show scenes from your city. Tourist postcards. Postcards that have the name of your town or city or area of the country on them. You don?t need anything fancy, just something that will show immediately where you are located so they know this is coming from all over.

2. Write a short message on the postcard in your own words saying that you want Angel to be renewed and support the show. Keep it positive. Don?t be insulting. Don?t be abusive.

3. Address the postcard to one of the people on the list of addresses in this message. Levin may ignore the cards coming into the WB, but the media outlets will see there?s a story in this and publicize it. The names on the list are in order of importance so start at the top and send as many postcards as you want to (or can afford to send).

4. Go and get at least six friends who probably aren?t reading this on the internet but would be willing to send postcards, and get them to do the same thing.

5. DO IT TOMORROW! Speed of response is what counts along with the size of the response. Don?t wait for instructions from some group. Just DO IT.

Here are the addresses to mail your cards to:

Matt Roush
    TV Guide
    Box 500
    Radnor, PA 19088-0500

The Hollywood Reporter
    Attn: Cynthia Littleton
    5055 Wilshire Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036-4396

Entertainment Tonight,
    Paramount Pictures Domestic TV
    Roddenberry Building
    5555 Melrose Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90038

Extra
    Warner Bros
    4000 Warner Blvd.
    Triangle Building, 4th Floor
    Burbank, CA 91522

Entertainment Weekly
    1675 Broadway New York
    NY 10019

TNT is the best possibility to pick up Angel since they?ve gotten good ratings with the reruns and do some original programming.

Turner Network Television
    Attn: Robert DeBitetto (pres, original programming)
    1888 Century Park East, 14th Fl.
    Los Angeles, CA 90067

Attn: Julie Wietz (exec vp. original programming)
    1888 Century Park East, 14th Fl.
    Los Angeles, CA 90067

Attn: Attn: Mr. Jamie Kellner, Chairman and CEO
    1050 Techwood Dr. NW
    Atlanta, GA 30318

Attn: Garth Ancier, Executive Vice-President, Programming
    1050 Techwood Dr. NW
    Atlanta, GA 30318

Rumor is that Levin doesn?t accept cards or letters and they get returned, but a flood of mail might make news even if it doesn?t get through

Warner Brothers Network
    Attn: Jordan Levin, CEO
    4000 Warner Blvd., Building 34R
    Burbank, CA 91522
    (818) 977-5000

And, if you want to send cards to Joss to express support and let him know the level of interest, here?s where to send them:

Joss Whedon
    C/o Mutant Enemy Productions
    PO Box 900
    Beverly Hills, CA 90213

And to send cards supporting the cast and crew:

Angel Productions
    20th Century Fox
    PO Box, 900
    Beverly Hills
    CA, 90213-0900

Now, if you actually want to accomplish something, make some news, and maybe, just maybe, get a sixth season for Angel...

DO THIS TOMORROW AND DON?T PUT IT OFF!

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Wow...If only would could have done that for Farscape! :D
    Hey, there was a international effort by Scapers to "Save Farscape" resulting in a miniseries to finish the story
    Save Farscape

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Or ALF.

I'm still waiting for that "To Be Continued..." season finale to actually be continued with another season... ;)

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Or ALF.

I'm still waiting for that "To Be Continued..." season finale to actually be continued with another season...

HA! ME TOO!! I keep looking in the weekly tv guide and can't find when it's going to air...I've been doing this since 1990...hehhehee

And why buy a stamp when I can just walk over to the studios and hand it to em...hehehehe

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I never really watched "Angel"...wasn't even a big Buffy fan. But count me in for a couple postcards! Farscape's rebirth is evidence that a group of fans can make enough noise for the networks to hear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.