~*~Angel in the Night~*~ (JA/Songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Angel

Timeframe: JA (Obi-Wan is sixteen)

Genre: Drama

Rating: PG

Rating Reason: Violence

Central Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mauvais Une and Clarté

Summery: When a small baby is abandoned on Qui-Gon Jinn's 'doorstep' he has no idea how much this girl will effect his life, then, when she reappears after running away years ago, it's up to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to rescue her from a tyrannical pirate.

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters are not mine but the property of George Lucas, Jude Watson, Dave Wolverton or Scholastic. All others are mine. I don't have any special permission write this, but I'm not getting paid, it's just for fun! :) The song Love of My Life which I am using for this story is also not mine, it belongs to Jim Brickman.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone....all June. Umn...I was VERY busy and traveled A LOT!! ;) Anyways, I hope you like this story. I wasn't actually going to make this a Songfic to begin with, but then I found this song and I thought it was perfect for my story! (Please note this is my first "songfic") ;)

I am amazed
    When I look at you
    I see you smiling back at me
    It's like all my dreams come true

Part 1

Qui-Gon Jinn moved through the negotiation chambers, his room was down the hall from the meeting chamber. He walked into his room and sank into a chair with exhaustion. His Padawan, Xanatos, was fast asleep on the couch. Qui-Gon ran one finger across the boy's face and Xanatos turned in his sleep gathering himself into a little ball, then settled back into an undisturbed sleep. Qui-Gon sighed and smiled at the nineteen-year-old, he meant so very much to him.

Suddenly he heard a soft tap on his door. He walked to the entrance and swung the door open. Someone had turned the corner down the hall ahead, and a stray lock of silvery-white hair drifted past. Qui-Gon ran after the person. "Wait!" He called and turned the corner. A young woman was by the door of the building and Qui-Gon could hear her crying. He took off after her. She ran out of the building and Qui-Gon followed, a large crowd was in the streets and he lost sight of her. Qui-Gon turned back and started for his room. "That was strange." He murmured. He reached his door and suddenly noticed a small bundle in front of it. He reached down and picked up the small bundle, something was wrapped in a shimmer silk blanket. He pulled it back and a bright light danced before his eyes, a small baby girl was wrapped in the blanket. She was fast asleep. Her hair was the same beautiful silvery color of the woman, but it had highlights of blonde. The baby's face was a perfect shape with perfect red lips, and all around the baby there was a thin glow, it was unlike anything Qui-Gon had ever seen before. Qui-Gon felt his heart go out to the small infant. Suddenly he noticed the note tucked inside the child's blanket. He unfolded it.

Mr. Jedi,

This is my beautiful daughter, I do not have a name for her. She is all alone, and I cannot care for her. Please, I beg you, take care of her. I know it is selfish of me to believe that you will keep her, but if not, find a loving home for her. Please. She is an Iago Angel, and many people would want to sell her, please do not let this happen. I'm sorry to put such a burden to you. I know I should keep her myself, but I can't. Please watch over her.

~Angéliqu

Qui-Gon folded the letter, the baby in his arms moved and began cooing. Qui-Gon looked down at her now open eyes. They were large and blue, they seemed to shine like they had diamonds in them she smiled shyly at him. Qui-Gon kissed the infant on the head. This beautiful child seemed to be an answer to a dream that he didn't even know he had wanted to come true.

"Of course I'll take care of you." The baby seemed almost as if she understood. Qui-Gon took her inside his room and shut the door. The sound woke Xanatos and the boy sat up. Qui-Gon came and sat next to him. Xanatos instantly noticed the glowing
  2. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    This is good. Can't wait to read more.
  4. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi_Borme: Thanx! I'm glad you like it so far! :D

Kind of a depressing post:

I am afraid
    If I lost you, girl
    I'd fall through the cracks
    And lose my track
    In this crazy, lonely world

Part 2

~*~*~Two Years Later~*~*~

"Daddy!" The little girl was determined to get Qui-Gon's attention. "Daddy! Daddy!" She climbed up on the sleeping Jedi's chest. "Daddy, up now!" Qui-Gon saw past the fogginess of sleep, a light. He sat up straight and a little girl tumbled from his chest to his lap. Clarté giggled. "You up Daddy?"

"I'm up." Qui-Gon smiled at her. "I'm up." He didn't get to see his little 'daughter' very often, he and Xanatos were usually on missions. She liked to play with the children in the créshe. She was two and a charming little doll, she had already developed a wide vocabulary and was a favorite by all the créshe masters. "How are you Clar?"

"I'n hungry." He smiled.

"Do you think Xanatos is hungry?"

"Maybe, but he's ansleep." Qui-Gon set her down on the floor.

"Why don't you go wake him up?"

"Okay," She toddled off to his apprentices' room, if it had been anyone else, Xanatos would have been angry to be woken up, but no one could help loving the pretty little girl, Xanatos came in with Clar on his shoulders, he slid her into her barred stool.

"Clar and I are hungry," Xanatos announced. The young man was already an adult in his very early twenties.

"I have breakfast ready," Qui-Gon set the table for the three of them. "Did you have fun while we were gone Clarté?"

"Yeah," She was at the sweet age where every answer was yes.

"Did Master Kait have any trouble with you?" Xanatos teased, knowing that Clar never caused mischief.

"Yeah," Clar said solemnly. "I had tarts that Masra Kait gaved me."

"You did?" Qui-Gon was pleased with her attempts to speak in full sentences.

"Yeah."

When they were finished with the meal Clar was ready to get down and play. Qui-Gon pulled her out of her chair and squeezed her tightly.

"I love you Daddy." She said glowing brightly. Qui-Gon realized he had never heard her say that.

"I love you too, Clar. I always will."

~*~*~Four Years Later~*~*~

Qui-Gon felt his anger, frustration, fear, terror, disbelief....everything, well up into his heart, it was filling his mind but it couldn't get through, it just slowly strained through. Xanatos had turned. He had turned. He had turned. "No!" Qui-Gon screamed to himself. "No, no!" He remembered how Xanatos had laughed when Qui-Gon couldn't kill the boy, how the boy had screamed when Qui-Gon had killed his evil father. He ran down the halls of the Temple. This wasn't happening. It was what happened to other Masters, not to him, not to Xanatos, it just couldn't happen, it was a dream...no...a nightmare. "Wake up!" Qui-Gon called. He ran into his room and shut the door hard, his eyes were bright with emotion. "NO!" He screamed and slammed a fist against the door. He had kept his head through the long hours in his transport, he had kept his head through the Temple, he had kept his head when he had told Yoda. Now his head was full of all this emotion, and his heart could bear the pain. "Xanatos don't do it!" His cries aroused another being in the room. Clarté came out, her young form carrying it's same bright glow.

"Daddy?"

"Get away!" Qui-Gon screamed, his rage was so great that the first person he saw would bear the weight of his heart, it turned out to be young Clar. "Get away from me."

"Daddy?" The girl's eyes were frightened. "What's wrong? Where is Xani?" Qui-Gon's heart snapped.

"Don't ever say that name to me again!" He raged. "Never again do you hear me?" Tears came to Clar's eyes.

"Daddy stop!"

"Don't ever talk to me again!"

"Daddy!" Clar screamed in fear.

"Get away from me!" Qui-Gon backed away.

"Daddy!"

Qui-Gon turned and ran out of the room. His heart was drifting away, the person he loved was gone and now he felt everything slipping away. He caught his breath, he had to find
  5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    Poor Clarte, Qui-Gon has really gone it this time. That was a good post SiriGallia. Can't wait to read more.
  7. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Arwen_Jade_Kenobi: Thanks!! I'm glad you like it!

Borme: Yeah I know :( Poor Clar...

Well here's another:

Sometimes it's so hard to believe
    When my nights can be so long
    And faith gave me the stregth
    And kept me holding on

Part 3

~*~*~Eight Years Later~*~*~

"Master, oh Master!" Qui-Gon woke with a start, he instantly saw the impish grin of his apprentice.

"Hello Padawan."

Obi-Wan Kenobi took the full advantage of being the one to wake his master up instead of vice versa.

"Now young man, you get up right now, I want you to start on breakfast and have it done before we go to speak with the council, come on come on," Qui-Gon played along and opened his eyes only half-way.

"Can't I just have five more minutes?"

"Not a chance." Obi-Wan quipt. "Get out of bed."

"Brute."

"Brat."

Qui-Gon jumped out of bed and grabbed Obi-Wan around the waist, it was too late for the youth to get away. Qui-Gon brought a Force-amplified tickle torture to bear on his Padawan. "Ah!" Obi-Wan burst out laughing and was wiggling in his Master hold. "Okay! Okay! I give I give!"

"Are you going to make breakfast?" Qui-Gon didn't release the apprentice.

"Yes yes!" Obi-Wan squealed. "And lunch and dinner and--stop!" Qui-Gon finally released the boy and spun him around.

"Thank you," He gave the teen a hug. "I like your cooking much better than mine anyway."

Obi-Wan grinned, "Yeah me too."

Qui-Gon took a playful swipe and him. Obi-Wan jumped out of the way and headed for the kitchen. Qui-Gon looked out the window, clouds were gathering in the upper atmosphere, and there was a thick fog outside, it looked like it was going to be a stormy day on Corascant.

She should never have run away.

Clarté couldn't remember how many times she had thought that. She had lived in this orphanage for eight miserable years. She couldn't get past the work, the slaving, the ugly pretence of another day gone by. She remembered so far back that it hurt. She couldn't remember everything, but she could remember a man. A man who had loved her, she couldn't remember his name, but she could remember how she called him daddy. Why had she run? She knew that part. The man hadn't wanted her anymore. So she had run away, and everyone in the streets had stared at her. Then a man found her, he asked who her father and mother were.

"I don't have a daddy!" Clarté had screamed. So he had taken her to the orphanage, the guards were strict, the children were cruel, and everyone thing was terrible. She spent all day working with the other children on making shimmer silk. She was a beautiful young girl. The head mistress hated her, she said that Clarté was much to pretty to be a seamstress, so instead she was stranded in the dirty machine area. She was a skilled girl; petite, but strong and through the long lonely nights, even when her heart seemed broken, she had kept holding on.

Clarté was fourteen and her only friend was Koady. Koady was a young boy, a year younger than Clarté, but he was very protective over her, and wouldn't let anyone hurt her... before they hurt him first, that is. The only other person who liked her was Vonz Cile the head mistress' son, he had caught her beauty immediately, but Clarté couldn't stand him.

She thought more about her 'daddy' and though she couldn't remember his name, she did remember that he was a Jedi. He lived at the Jedi Temple with all the other Jedi. She could be there too, but that man didn't want her anymore. Clarté felt a tear spring to her eyes and her light dimmed, she knew she was different than the other children, it didn't matter how many layers of dirt coated her each day, nothing could cover the bright glow that surrounded her. It wasn't like an out line, it was more like a light radiating from her very heart. Her pale silvery blonde hair hung down to her ankles, so it was always up in looped braids. Clarté was an extremely attractive girl, but that didn't change her situation.

"Clar!" Koady
  8. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    Koady is cool helping Clar out.
    Did Qui-gon ever go out to find Clar after she ran away?
    Can't wait to read more.
  10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    ** CRYS I NEED MORE OR I SHALL DIE**
  11. Padme_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Cool fic Siri! Can't wait for more!
  12. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Borme: Yeah, he's so nice ;) Well, you'll find out :)

Jenny: Hands her a tissue. :( Sorry I made you cry Jenny :)

Padme_Kenobi: Welcome! Thank you Padme :)

You are the love of my life
    And I'm so glad you found me
    You are the love of my life
    Baby, put your arms around me
    I guess this is how it feels
    When you finally find something real
    My Angel in the night
    You are my love, the love of my life

Part 4

"Master Qui-Gon have you checked to see if we have any messages?" Obi-Wan asked.

"No, I haven't, but we don't really have the time, we need to speak with the Jedi Council in fifteen minutes."

"Well, I'll just go check in case I got something from Nield or Drenna and Taroon."

"Hurry Padawan." Obi-Wan nodded and ran down the hall. He wasn't trying to show off but he did love to run down the marble halls. When he reached the message box he had taken five minutes.

"Five minutes to get back, five to read anything we might have." Obi-Wan figured out in his head. He checked the messages. There was one, Obi-Wan checked the return address. Corascant Workhouse for the Homeless. He glanced at the address, it was to Daddy, the only one who loved me, c/o The Jedi Temple. Obi-Wan frowned. Daddy? Maybe someone got the wrong address. Obi-Wan ran back and found Qui-Gon cleaning the kitchen.

"Ten minutes. Not bad." Qui-Gon commended. Obi-Wan was still frowning.

"Qui-Gon, you may be interested in this message you got. The sender is from a workhouse, and the address has an interesting name on it, it's--Well, look." Obi-Wan handed his master the letter. Qui-Gon took the message, someone at the message office had had to forwarded it to Yoda who had forwarded it to him. Qui-Gon flipped it open, Obi-Wan studied the Jedi Master's expression. Qui-Gon's eyes flew over the words, suddenly he stretched out a hand and grabbed the door frame, whispering one word.

"Clarté,"

"What?" Obi-Wan looked confused. Qui-Gon stood stalk still, suddenly he regained himself and headed for the door. Obi-Wan followed after. "Master what?!" Obi-Wan was worried, Qui-Gon didn't look too good.

"Obi-Wan when is our appointment with the council?" Obi-Wan glanced at his wrist chrono.

"Two minutes."

"Hurry," Qui-Gon urged as he began to run down the temple halls. Obi-Wan took off after him. They reached the council chamber, and were allowed in. Obi-Wan was surprised to see only Yoda there. "Yoda--"

"About Clarté this is." Yoda nodded knowingly.

"Who is Clarté?" Obi-Wan wanted to know.

"I searched, I searched everywhere Yoda, how could I have missed this work house?" Qui-Gon was still clutching the message.

"These workhouses wish to hide much, they hid Clarté as well."

"Who is Clarté?!" Obi-Wan was getting frustrated.

"I have to go get her, she can't be wandering on the streets alone." Qui-Gon was completely ignoring Obi-Wan, he had found the real thing, he wasn't going to let go now.

"Wait you must, Qui-Gon."

"Who are we talking about?!" Obi-Wan demanded.

"I cannot wait!" Qui-Gon shook his head. "I'd never forgive myself if I lost her again, I can't, I won't--"

"Qui-Gon," Yoda interrupted. "An apprentice you have." Qui-Gon stopped and looked at Obi-Wan, the boy's eyes were confused and frustrated. Qui-Gon finally took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Obi-Wan, you should know about this. And I'll tell you the whole story later, but we must hurry, all I can tell you now is that there is a girl named Clarté alone on the streets of Corascant, we need to find her before she gets hurt."

"What does the message say?" Obi-Wan asked, hoping his question was not impertinent.

"Dear Daddy, the only one who ever loved me,
    I know I do not deserve your help, but if you could help me now, I escaped the workhouse and am now alone in Corascant. If you could please meet with me in 5.3.7 Alley tonight and get me, I would be very grateful.
    ~Clarté."

Obi-Wan listened closely to every word. Qui-Gon felt his heart raging inside,
  13. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    Qui and Obi batter be fast and get to Clar before the other person does. Can't wait to read more SiriGallia. :)
  14. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, SiriGallia! This is great!!! It's funny for me to read those French names (Clarté, Jaloux), it gives a new dimension to the story.

Post again soon!! :)
  16. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Borme: Thanks! Yeah! Hurry up you two! ;)

Nat: Hey Nat! Love your icon ;) Oh you noticed! [face_love] that's great! I wondered if anyone would :D I liked doing those names a lot...though, why Qui-Gon thought of naming her Clarté is beyond me ;)

Clar walked down the alleyway, waiting for the Jedi. She wondered if he would come, he hadn't wanted her, but he still could maybe come for her. She passed a tavern just as a extremely drunk man wandered out. He got in her path and his eyes seemed dazzled. "Hi honey," He slurred. "You wanna drink?" Clarté instantly declined.

"No sir, but thank you." She started to walk away when she sensed that the man hadn't given up and she turned just in time as the man jumped at her.

In the workhouse, she had learned how to avoid other children, and they had always been sober. Clar dodged to the side, and the man hurtled past and slammed into the wall behind her; she didn't feel guilty, she knew he wouldn't feel it. He whirled and looked even less likely to be able to catch Clar. He ran at her again and this time when she moved he moved with her, but he moved to far to one side and ran into the other wall, this knocked him out entirely and Clar continued down the alley, putting distance between herself and the bar. Ahead there was a group of people outside a dance hall, loud music filled Clar's ears and she pushed gently past the people trying to get to the corner. As the music got still louder, she noted that men were picking girls up for dances and the young Angel kept her head down so as not to attract attention.

When she got to the edge of the crowd she had an unpleasant feeling that she had picked up a tail. She continued to walk, trying to think of something to do. She considered going back towards the dance hall to lose whoever it was, but considering the kind of people there, it would probably do her more harm than good. She knew that she couldn't fight a man. Clar took the advantage of a crate falling over to look around behind her and saw two men slowly following after her. Pretending not to see them, she continued walking, but soon it became apparent that running would be better. She knew the end of the alley was not far ahead and took off at a run, she could tell that both men had picked up speed, Clar could only hope to reach the end soon enough.

Sorry that's so short, I'll post more really soon. :)
  17. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    I always find drunkards to be very scary... They don't know what they're doing, so how could we? I hope Obi and Qui will arrive in time to help her...

Clarté is really a nice name, it's very similar to Claire. And it's quite fitting for a bright angel. ;)
  19. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Nat: Thanks! Yeah I know, that's scary all right. But I think she handled it well ;) And I really liked Clarté for her name! When I thought of it I thought 'oh this is perfect! It means something good for her AND it sounds like a name!' ;)

Now here you are
    With midnight closing in
    You take my hand as our shadows dance
    With moonlight on your skin

Part 5

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ran down the inclining bridge that led to the fifth level. "Clar did say 5.3.7, didn't she?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Yes, she did." Obi-Wan nodded, he saw a slight shudder cross his master's face.

"The fifth level." Qui-Gon whispered. Obi-Wan knew that it was one of the extremely dangerous levels of Corascant; Clarté would be in grave danger.

"Come on Master," Obi-Wan said softly. The boy raced ahead and Qui-Gon kept close behind. They passed the tourist oriented second level, and made their way quickly down past the third and forth levels until they reached the fifth level and stopped.

"Alleyway three," Qui-Gon murmured. Obi-Wan nodded and the two of them moved along the back the alleys.

"Where are we going to find her?" Obi-Wan questioned. "She could be anywhere."

"No, Padawan, .7 means she's in the seventh section, it's a little way in from here." The two Jedi walked down the dismal ally Obi-Wan's eyes probed every corner of gloom they finally stopped at the seventh section, it was in front of an apartment complex. Qui-Gon took a deep breath. "She's not here." Obi-Wan couldn't see anyone.

"Master, she may have run into trouble further up."

"Or she may just not be here yet, it's hard to say." Qui-Gon was obviously trying to keep worry out of his voice.

"Master, you stay here in case she's still coming, I'll run down the alley and look for her."

"No, you'll place yourself in danger, we should go together."

"Qui-Gon, I'll be fine, besides I can run faster," He teased. "I'll just run to the other end." Qui-Gon finally nodded.

"All right, but come right back whether you find Clar or not."

"Yes Master." Obi-Wan turned and began running down the ally, but Qui-Gon's voice stopped him.

"Obi-Wan, she has silvery-blonde hair, with blue eyes, and she seems to glow." Qui-Gon swallowed hard. Obi-Wan nodded.

"I'll find her."

Clarté knew she was almost to the seventh section. Alleys on level five were impossible to see full length, they always had a moist fog covering everything, especially with an oncoming storm, and crates and boxes were piled up everywhere, but she still knew she was close. If she could just get far enough away the men behind her... Suddenly she slammed right into a third man. He grabbed her arm, her eyes grew large and she tried to pull away, the man grabbed her other arm just the two men behind her ran up.

"Hello young lady," one said. "You sure are a pretty thing." Clar was not stupid, she had to call for help whether any came or not.

"Help!--" She was cut off as his hand clamped over her mouth. She tried to struggle, but they quickly yanked her down the ally. She couldn't loosen their grip. They stopped at a brick wall and the man holding released one hand to open a secret door, pulling her through to the ally across from them.

"No one will be following us." He whispered cruelly. He started leading her down the ally. Suddenly she did the only thing she knew to do and she bit down hard on his hand. "Ah!" The man cried out but only half as loud as Clar screamed.

"Help! Someone help me!" A different man slammed her into the wall and quickly tied a gag around her mouth and bound her wrists behind her back with cord, Clar could only hope someone had heard her.

Obi-Wan ran down the ally his eyes flew about trying to spot a young girl that fit the decryption he had been given, he could hear the faint sound of a dance hall ahead. Suddenly he heard a desperate scream.

"Help, someone help me!" He knew it had to be Clar, though he didn't know why, he just knew. Obi-Wan turned, the call had come from the alley
  20. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    Noooo...now what has Qui-gon gotten himself into. Can't wait to read more :)
  21. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs* He can't let his Master out of his sight for five minutes..

So he rescues the girl and now has to help Qui? Obi is a busy guy! ;)

Great post, SiriGallia!
  23. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Borme: Yep that's Qui-Gon, always geting into trouble ;)

Nat: *laughs* Yeah I know! Obi-WAn can't take him anywhere!! :D ;)

Sorry it took so long to post!

Sometimes it's so hard to believe
    When love can be so strong
    And faith gave me the strength
    And kept me holding on

Part 6

Qui-Gon waited anxiously, Clarté had not come, and Obi-Wan hadn't either. He stared down the fogged and gloomy ally. His Padawan had better get back here quick or...suddenly Qui-Gon felt the Force warning him of danger, he whirled and felt the butt of a blaster across his face. Qui-Gon went to draw his lightsaber and realized it was gone. He looked up at his attacker. The man ran at the Jedi Master, slashing at his chest with a vibro sheave, Qui-Gon turned and caught it in the shoulder instead. He cried out in pain and stumbled back. Another adversary ran at him, he kicked out and caught the attacker in the jaw then turned to face a new attack, but their numbers were great and they pulled him to the ground. He looked up and saw the original attacker walking up to him.

"Where is the Angel, Jedi?" Qui-Gon locked eyes with the man, but he said nothing. The man raised his vibro blade.

"Stop!" A new voice commanded. A hooded man who had been standing off to the side walked up to them. "Brother, do not kill him. You destroy our hostage."

Hostage?! Qui-Gon knew that if these men knew he was a Jedi, they could know other things, like about Obi-Wan.

"Qui-Gon Jinn." The man said slowly, glancing at a data pad in his hands. Obviously something pulled out of the Jedi Temple's files. He smiled. "Yes you'll make a nice hostage." He leaned forward as his men chained Qui-Gon's hands and feet. "You have an apprentice. Do you suppose little Obi-Wan would be interested in you?" Qui-Gon's eyes flared. "Take him to the ship." The man ordered. "You're the property of Captain Mauvais Une Qui-Gon Jinn." He called.

Obi-Wan could see the Section Six scrolled on the battered brick marker. "Almost there." He called. Suddenly he stopped, and turned. He saw the marker. Section Seven. Where was Qui-Gon? He glanced around. "Master!" He called. Obi-Wan ran a few feet down the ally. "Master!" He cried in sudden panic. Clar's eyes probed the darkness.

"Obi-Wan? What's that?" She pointed to the wall shakily. Obi-Wan turned and looked at the brick, sprayed graffiti made large letters reading:

Obi-Wan, bring the Angel to Docking Bay 83 tomorrow morning if you ever want to see your master again.

Obi-Wan shook his head, The Angel, that was Clar, this was all her fault! Now they have my master and it's this girl's fault! He looked back at Clar frustrated tears clouded his vision.

"They want you." He murmured angrily. She nodded numbly.

"Then let them have what they want." Clar said simply. Obi-Wan looked at her for a long time, he couldn't tell whether it was how dim her glow looked, or the tears standing in her large blue eyes, or the tormenting guilt that was emanating from her, but Obi-Wan suddenly realized that he was being selfish to blame her. This wasn't anyone's fault, if anything it was his fault for taking so long, but for now, the blame should be forgotten. Obi-Wan walked over to her and took her into a warm hug, she burst into tears and buried her face in his shoulder. He stroked her braided hair and let her have her cry out.

"Th-this is all m-my fault!" She stammered, choked by her sobs. "I shouldn't have a-asked him too co-ome! It's my fault."

"No, no it's not. We'll find him," He assured her. "And I'm not going to let them have you. Don't worry Clar, my master is strong, he'll be fine until we get to him. Please trust me." She looked up at him.

"I-I trust you," Clarté said finally.

"Okay, now come on, we should find an inn to stay the night, with this storm coming on, it would be dangerous to get back to the Temple." The two left the ally way and slowly climbed the levels of Corascant to the second level and searched for an inn, a low rumb
  24. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: :eek: *screams in panic* :eek:

But.. but.... :_| Aren't we nice little readers? Why, oh why this evil, evil cliffhanger??! Noooooooooooo!! :(

Well, I hope Obi doesn't break too many bones. He will need to rescue his Master and Clarté.

I didn't like the way Qui-Gon "hoped" that Obi-Wan wouldn't turn Clar over. He should KNOW it! Come on, Qui! Have a little faith! :mad:

Don't take too long to post, SiriGallia! Pretty please!!
  25. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    OBI-WAN!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You can't leave us like that SiriGallia. Please you must post more. Can't wait to read more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.