main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Angel Series Finale...who gets "dusted"

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, May 19, 2004.

?

Angel Series Finale...who gets "dusted"

Poll closed Mar 29, 2005.
  1. Angel

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Spike

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Wesley

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Gunn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Illiriya (sp?)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Connor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Lorne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Harmony

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
  2. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    OK Buffy/Angel fans...

tonight is the series finale.....as an avid Buffy and Angel viewer...I am sad to see them go....yet it is time, I guess....

Rumor has it....someone will get "dusted"....

who?

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    My vote remains with Wes, but now that I look at the list, Harmony's name seems to be calling as well...

-Le Penguin
    "Do you have hair gel? What am I saying, of course you do."

4. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Several members of The Milwaukee Fan Force are big Buffy/Angel fans too.....
    I have invited them to stop by and speak their peace.....

I still can't figure out who may end up getting dusted.....

decisions.....
    decisions.....

5. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    And thank you indeed for the invite.

I mentioned on the Milwaukee Boards that I have been privy to some spoilers, and I do know something of what happens this evening. I'm not saying a word of what it is, but let's just say it won't be terribly suprising.

I do wish that this season wasn't cut so short. I would have liked to see the series receive the proper treatment in terms of a finale. This one is indeed rushed, but I do have a little faith that it will be a good ending. I would have liked to see more done with Illeria, but oh well.

I do have to hang my head in shame and mention that I did NOT see that whole vision transfer thing before. I kicked myself when that little revelation was revealed. You know, the smack-yourself-in-your-forehead "I shoulda had a V-8" motion. Oh well. Chalk that one up to my incredibly short attention span.

I'm looking forward to tonight. It will be a wild, sad ride.

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    i'll vote for the shelves because they are dirty!

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I heard from a reliable internet source that it's all of their acting careers as of tomorrow.

8. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, I really like the actors, but they're pretty much all on the Mark Hammill/Jonathan Frakes fast track to guest appearances at cons.

At least James Marsters has no delusions about his popularity. He recently mentioned that he'd be up for a spinoff series if only because he's only got so many years to believably look immortal.

-Le Penguin
    "You made a bear!"

9. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Well...

There it is.

-Le Penguin
    "Your funeral."

10. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    I cant stand Wesley, But I dunno who Harmony is, so why not?

11. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Taking a few moments to think it through, tonight's finale reminded me of the last Calvin & Hobbes strip: an ending, but not an ending. Angel and the gang will eternally have their swords raised, ready to fight. What happens to them after that moment is admitedly a curiosity, but ultimately an irrelevant one.

Damn good series. Damn fine ending (worlds better than the Buffy finale.) I miss them already.

-Le Penguin
    ... of course I'll be able to see them all at cons for years to come, but you know what I mean. Let me have my moment, dammit.

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Well.....in my humble opinion...it was a damn good episode....but a lousy series finale.....

I guess I was looking for the "happy ending"...we don't seem to have them in real life....so hoping for a happy ending in TV-land seems logical....

Was not happy that Angel signed away his ability to become human...
    Was not happy that Wesley got it....
    Was not happy that Buffy was not included.....even though I figured that she would not be...

Things that did conclude....
    Connor/Angel relationship...

I was still very happy with the dirction Iliryia (sp?) took....she definitely kicked ass....

and....yes....I think it is pretty much the career end for most of the actors...

....and the biggest surprise....Loren offing Lindsey...NEVER saw that coming....

....and really didn't see the Harmony betrayal coming either...
    but I guess....
    it was to be expected...

"I crap better magic than you"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.