main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive angel_gidgetART (Current Theme--Yes, I'm still alive...)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by angel_gidget, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Ooooh, I have so much to catch up on and stare at. [face_love] I love them all!

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Absolutely fantastic angel_gidget. I especially like "Miss me, mother?" [sob :( ], the A/T pics and the "Solo gods". I'm really impressed with the way you capture emotion - and I like the quirky humour.

How I wish I had your gift. :)

3. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Angel-Giget

First time I'm checking out your thread and I absolutely love your style. Very fluid and emotional. I have to agree with everyone that the Leia and Anakin portrait is wonderful...his death, although sad, was one of my favorite scenes in the NJO. My absolute favorite piece of yours is the Leia portrait for the Leia contest. I think you absolutely captured her beauty, but her power as well. Awesome Job! Can't wait to see more!

-Excalibur14

4. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I want more! *uses force persuade*

5. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Fantastic new pieces, as usual! Your style is so bold and bright! :D
    I love that Leia piece, the pose and the facial expression are wonderful!

6. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Up! and I want more:_|

7. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    showing support

8. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I really like your latest batch, especially your depiction of Corran. I think your style really works well for him.

Well, if you're offering...[face_batting]

9. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    More dead Anakins would be good.:)

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    How could I ever miss out on this?

You artwork display is wonderful, angel_gidget! I especially love the wide variety of themes and characters you have here. I absolutely adore the NJO stuff!

11. FanakinSolo

FanakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    I don't know if I've posted in here before, but...

Awesome! =P~ =D= :) :D

12. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Ookay....looong break, I know. I've been out of it for quite some time, so I'm afraid I'm not up for responding to those *looks upward*..er..stock-piling comments above this post. (At least, not yet. ^_~) However, I have done a few little pieces to help me get some of my old rythm back.

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/lmando.jpg]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/resentment.jpg]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/hpeshug.jpg]

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love the colours you use in your art! They're so bright and bubbly! (Is bubbly the right word...? Hmm... don't think so, but you get the idea. :p)

I really like the first one -- I love the expressions! So... annoyed and the "I am so going to kill you later" look!

I love the backgrounds in the second... wonderful!

The third is deffinately my favourite out of the three -- so much going on; love Ben's slightly annoyed expression, Jacen and Tenel Ka's protectiveness and Allana is adorable!

--Idrelle

14. FanakinSolo

May 19, 2006
    (This message was left blank)

15. FanakinSolo

May 19, 2006

[face_plain]
    [face_hypnotized]
    [:D]
    [face_dancing]
    :D

Allana is just... so cute... curled up in Jacen's arms asleep... like that. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    You seem to have such a knack for capturing characters, angel_gidget--I just love the one of TK, Jacen, Allana and Ben! Their faces definitely reflect their personalities here--Ben's expression is just quintessential "teen impatience" if I ever saw it! You also manage to keep a wonderful consistency in your characters' appearance--this Jacen looks just like the previous Jacens you've done (something I never seem to manage, lol!). As always, great colorings and b/gs--lush, vibrant colors! Beautiful work!

FF

17. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Great use of colour, and you manage to keep it all 'readable' in that the colour doesn't overpower the characters. Sometimes this amount of colour can really make a piece get lost, but you keep it with great focus. Very nice! :)

18. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Love the expression on Mara's face in the first one - that's a great moment between the two of them.

And Ben! :eek: He looks great.

19. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Good pics.

I especially like the Mara/Lando one.

jacky

20. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    I like your Jacen's family one! *is so happy to see Angel_Gidget back*

21. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Wow... I found your art a while back... And really liked it, But then I could never remember your screen name...

So Yay! I found it again! And you've been busy!

22. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
  23. spacecraft

spacecraft Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2006
    Woot! Angel_gidget!!! *hugs*
    Great work lately!
    the mara/lando one is so funny! xD

24. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Idrelle_Miocovani--"Bubbly" works for me! I always felt that there were times where Mara just barely tolerated Lando. Consider it an L/M pic gone wacky. I worked especially hard on the "Hapan Hug" I knew that the gang would be older in Legacy (tho I wasn't sure how much older), but I was fairly certain that Ben would be teen by this point.

FanakinSolo-- :) I <3 Allana

FalconFan-- I usually try to be consistant with hairstyles and that mostly manages to keep the characters in-character. I have the hardest time trying to do that with Ben. Sometimes I try to keep it short, sometimes I think it should be a little wilder, and sometimes I wonder if I should just draw a different character. Jacen, on the other hand, has a definite appearance in my mind. Hence, my aggravation during that "bearded" period. Tenel Ka is fairly simple. Keep in mind which arm was truncated, keep her warrior braids red, recall her gray eyes, and keep a relatively stoic expression.

Basement24--Vivid, cartoonish color is the only color I've really managed to fit to my style. I tend to use it consistantly because I don't really feal like a piece is finished unless I color it.

JadeLotus--Gladja like it! Ben, being my 2nd fave character in the EU right now, is very important to my sketchbook. Now if I could just decide on a good version of him...

jackyyy17--Thank you. ^_^

Handmaiden_Azul--It's very good to be back! I suspect that you can only expect more of Jacen's family since I'm rather obsessed with this point. My only regret is that "Betrayal" is in hardback, and is therefore too expensive for me to purchase @ the moment. :(

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd--Yes, I've been busy, and ill to boot. But I'm glad you found me!

spacecraft--Glad you like it! It's nice to see you here! ^_^ *hugs back*

I'd also like to give a big hug and "thank you" to JadeLotus, JediBettyBug18, SakuraTsukikage, Tahi, Excalibur14, Esira, and SoloKnight for their wonderful reviews.

Sorry to be gone so long. I was sick, and I mean "don't even wanna sit at my computer, just wanna lay in bed" kinda sick. So...yeah. I can draw while I'm ill, but I can't color, and I don't like posting stuff until I can color it. By the way, does anybody have character requests?

Current Theme: Han's Boys
    Otherwise known as "My Whim"

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/kyp.jpg]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/yjkjasa.jpg]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/vongjasa.jpg]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/angelgidget33/anahiri.jpg]

25. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    The Anakin and Tahiri one makes me want to:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.