Before "Angels and Doves". Christmas fic.! One-post/Humor, Obi-wan, Siri, Garen, Reeft.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrystalSaber_1, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Title: Angels and Doves
    Author: CrystalSaber_1
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM. Obi-wan is ten in this story.
    Characters: Obi-wan, Siri, Reeft, Garen, Bruck, Original characters
    Genre: Drama/Humor/One-post
    Summary: Obi-wan and his friends learn the true meaning of Christmas
    Notes: This is loosely based on" A Charlie Brown Christmas"

It was snowing for the first time in fifty years on Coruscant. The thick, fluffly flakes stuck to Obi-wan's eyelashes, and made his cheeks and nose flush from the cold. He watched from the edge of the frozen lake, where the other members of his creche were slipping and sliding with joy over the hardened suface of the water. Christmas was in two days, and
    there was a glorious feeling in the air, a feeling of anticipation and cheer and utter happiness. "This is truely the best time of year" Obi-wan thought as he breathed in the crisp,
    winter air. He tugged his dark blue thermal cap lower over his ears, and was about to step out onto the ice to join his friends when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder.

He turned around to see his creche master, Master Falla.

"Hello Master."

"Obi-wan! Just who I was hoping to see!" she said, showing all of her white, pointed teeth when she smiled.

"Yes Master?" Obi-wan asked a bit impatiently. He was eager to join his friends in their play. He glanced quickly over his shoulder and saw that Garen had shoved a snowball down
    the back of Siri's shirt, an act he was sure to regret.

"Well Obi-wan" Master Falla continued, not noticing the boy's antsyness, "I was wondering if you would be willing to to direct the creche's Christmas play this year."

Obi-wan blinked, slightly taken aback. Him? Direct a play?

Noticing the younglings reluctance, Master Falla hurridly continued, "It's not a big production, just a small performance for the younger cheche members, most of them ranging from
    two to eight years old. As director your job will be to make sure everything goes smoothly, help others with their lines, that sort of thing. It's really not that hard."

Obi-wan shot a look over his shoulder again, his impatience increasing.

"What do you say Obi-wan? You know-"

"Okay I'll do it." Obi-wan said hurridly. "Can I go now?"

Master Falla smiled. "I'm so proud of you Obi-wan! You know this is a big responsibilite, so..." She trailed off, staring over Obi-wan's shoulder. "Siri Tachi!" She barked suddenly "We do NOT punch other members of the creche in the stomach!!" She strode away from Obi-wan to reprimend the rambunctious young girl, while Garen stumbled over to the edge of the lake, clutching his abdomen and moaning loudly.

"Gosh that girl has some fists" he announced to Obi-wan when he reached him. "Did you see that? Socked me right in the gut."

"Umm" Obi-wan hmmed sypathetically. "Guess what?" He said, changing the subject.

"Are you going to say that the iron fist of an eight year old girl might cause internal bleeding?" craked Garen, "Because that's what I'm thinking."

"Actually, I was going to say that Master Falla appointed me as director for this years Christams play" he said, not without a bit of pride.

"Of course she chose you" Garen said, a smile creeping up the corners of his face. "You are the teacher's pet, after all."

Obi-wan shoved him. Garen shoved him back. Before they were romping through the abundant snow, laughing and trying to hit each other with the white powdery balls of snow

that they scooped up from the ground.

About an hour later Obi-wan and the rest of his creche were seated on soft cushions, a warm, creamy mug of hot chocolate held in each of their slowly defrosting hands. Obi-wan
    took a sip of his drink and felt the comforting warmth flow through him.

He then turned to the dark haired boy sitting next to him, who was slurping his beverage loudly.

"Garen, what do you want for Christmas?" He asked.

The other boy didn't even look up from his drink. "Cold hard credits" he stated. "You?"

"I don't know what I want really" O
  2. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    This is a really great story. I like holiday stories with happy endings. Great work! =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.